Add a [Beta Tester] Player tag

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by dislikers, May 22, 2021.

1. dislikers

dislikers
    There should be a player tag cosmetic only available to those who were able to play at least 1 game of minigames (or some other requirement like making a post on the forums reporting a bug). In my eyes the tag would look like:

[Beta Tester]

What do you guys think? Maybe there could be a reward or some other acknowledgement of those who used the beta test. Maybe it doesn't have to be a beta tester player tag and it could be a [Bug Finder] player tag or something similar. It would be cool to flex off.

Bruno and guih like this.
  2. guih

guihzy
    I like the concept of having a beta tester tag, +1 for that. On the other hand, I believe having a bug finder tag would be quite an issue due to the fact that it would most likely be added manually, and owners would have one more thing to look into (that is, the amount of bugs a person has reported, and gotten fixed). I like the colors you suggested btw.

3. dislikers

dislikers
    About the bug finder tag, I would think it may be possible to add some sort of script that runs through and seeks all accepted minigame bug reports and goes into the console to apply the tag to the player's cosmetics. MCC most likely has some custom plugins so they may be able to hire someone to do this for them. Whether they'd be willing to put in that effort, who knows. But, yeah, I get what you mean about how manual review would kind of suck. I can already imagine the support threads of "where's my bug finder tag??????" filling up the forums.

4. guih

guihzy
    Bug reports aren't accepted or denied like reports, they're just marked as closed upon being dealt with, hence why I believe that would be harder to add.

SplatBerry likes this.
  5. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Yoza!

I'm definitely a collector when it comes to cool little things like this! I would love to see this in the game, it's so small but yet in my eyes is a kind of nod to the community who helped out during the beta.

I agree with @guih said; I would rather admins/developers focus on the server than dealing with tags, if there was some automated way to apply them then I think that it would be an even more of a collectors item, I do love the idea of a "bug hunter" tag however!

Have a good one c:

6. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello, I do agree with the Beta Tester rank, but not the bug finder rank, plus there would have to be some sort of age req for this, they can't just let some 8 year old with the bug finder tag. that also goes with the Beta Tester tag. but I do feel like they could add some sort of Beta Tester rank to help with the admins/owners. +1 on the Beta Tester, -1 on the bug finder. Have a good day / night.

SplatBerry likes this.
  7. 10sec

10sec
    Hey there!

Yes, I do believe that a [Beta] tag would be an awesome idea as it basically shows the players who took their time to test out the minigames and helped, direct or indirectly, to make the server a better place for the upcoming players, once the reset is fully done. Added to that, it is basically the same concept as the |Revamp 2021| tag, and therefore, I see no harm in adding it.

Nonetheless, the only downside of your thread is the "Bug Finder" tag. I do not agree with this one due to the fact that I believe people report bugs, not as a way to "flex" on other people, they do it simply because they like the server and they want to help out. This positive vibe around bug reporting could become chaotic and would bring up many unnecessary and unpleasant situations that could be avoided by plainly not having such a thing.

These are all my personal opinions, and I appreciate you coming and creating this thread in the first place <3!

Have a nice day/night.

Wolfscare and micunmuted like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.