Access to shop chests for all members

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Acid_Hunter, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    Explanation of the "problem"

I've been stuck with this "problem" for a while now. That is that only the one who placed the shop sign & linked it with a chest is able to open & refill that particular chest so you have to wait for the person that made the shop sign to refill the chest while people may want to buy more of that specific item.

The thing that I would like to be added
    The thing I would like to be added is that every member on a plot/island gets access to the shop chests. Or that there will be a special permission made for this since I think it'll be very nice if this gets added just for the sake that if the player that made the shop isn't online for a while people can just refill the chests.

I know it isn't that urgent but it's something I have been wanting for a while and I feel like that I'm, not the only one that'll agree with me.

Feel free to +1 this post and if you have any questions leave them down here!

kuieren and ehoeian like this.
  2. ehoeian

ehoeian
    Hey!
    This is a great thread, and since it pertains to skyblock, I suggest posting this in the Skyblock Discussion forum page as well.

I agree that it can be frustrating when shop chests get emptied, and the owner of them isn't online to refill them. I would recommend adding an island permission which gives certain members of an island access to chest shops. I don't think all members should have access unless you're on an island and every member can be trusted.

Overall, good post.

3. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter

Its actually not only for skyblock. it also counts for prison & survival but thank you for the compliment! :)

4. ray01

ray01
    Hey!

This is a great idea but another great idea why not have a hopper leading into the shop chest with a chest ontop so others can refill the chest but cant take stuff out. Its all about what if people steal the stuff that person is trying to sell therefore the hopper/chest idea would be better for refilling the shop chest when the shop owner isnt online. Great idea hope to hear some more in the future on this topic!

Have a fantastic day!

5. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Hello, Acid_hunter!

I can see your frustration for this, you have to understand, the owner isn't on all the time to do this, so a fix like this would be nice. but, adding perms for random people might not be a good idea, so im gonna have to give a -1 on this because it just wouldn't be practical at all to add this.

6. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    May i ask why you feel like its not a good idea? its just a new permission that the leader can grant to whoever they want.

7. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    That is indeed also an idea. but its best if it'll be a permission that the leader can grant to his members so only a few can and other cant. but thanks for ur reaction :)

8. micunmuted

PLARPS
    Ok, here's a scenario, a kid has just made a shop on prison or something like that, after they have opened it up a guy asks for perms, the kid allows them and then the kid is sad because the guy ruined is buisness. you don't know who to trust and not to trust.

9. kuieren

kuieren
    Hey there!
    I completely agree with your idea, I believe that as of right now you can fill these chests using hoppers but that can be kind of impractical if you're trying to make a nice-looking shop (or at any place you might not have enough room to put them). I do think that this should be a separate command though and not added to /is perms or /p trust since people might only want specific people to have access to their chestshops. +1

I don't understand what your point is.. Players are currently able to add users to their plots/islands and if they ever added any ill-intentioned people they would also have the same kind of damage done to them, so adding this wouldn't really make a difference in that regard.

10. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    You just have to be careful to who you give perms... if a random guy joins you just dont give him all the perms if he asks right?.. or am i dumb?

What do you mean with a command? like the player that made shop is able to add someone? Let me know if i understand it wrong

#10 Acid_Hunter, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  11. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey Acid_Hunter,

There is reasons that is like this.

Currently, at least on Skyblock, the Island owner has permissions to use all shops.
    The reason we do not allow island/plot members to directly 'restock' a shop, is because historically players have abused this.

Take an example, I, on my island, create a shop sign.
    Buying Beacons - $20,000
    Selling Beacons - $25,000

What is to stop an island member taking out the Beacons in my chest shop, selling them to me for $20,000 each, then simply opening up the chest shop, taking out the Beacons, and selling again. Rinse-and-repeat, all my money is gone.
    It is also for this reason that you can not use hoppers to suck items out of chestshops. (You can push items in, just not suck items out)

The same issue has happened on both Prison and Skyblocks, and for that reason we do not allow any plot/island member to access other members chest shops.

If you wish to allow players to restock chestshops, one option is to add a hopper into the back of the shop, then a island/plot member can push items into the chestshop (and also allow you to "overstock" your shop too!)

ray01, Nikki_ and mxbel like this.
  12. Acid_Hunter

Acid_Hunter
    This is another way of doing it. But what i meant was just a permission that the leader can grant to specific players. its almost the same as being able to mine valuables since most of the time you will get more money with that then with chest shops. And another thing that could be added for this is being able to check chest shop logs for example on skylock with the known command /is inspect. then you can easily find out who abused this permission and can then be banned for griefing / insiding right?

Hope to hear back soon
    Thanks for your reaction :)

kuieren likes this.
  13. ImJared

This reply makes no sense not going to lie because as long as someone is trusted on the chest there is no scamming no griefing involved unless the person stole from it which would only happen if the person was trust by the person selling right? Its a good idea because people quit and sometimes people need to refill chests and someone isn't on, as long as someone agrees to be apart of the chest then it should be okay.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.