About the pvp on prison

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Issel, Jun 19, 2020.

?

Should the punch bows be removed from prison?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Issel

POOPgodIssel
    Hey all,

so recently I have been pvping quite a bit on prisons however there is a problem I have had while pvping on there. I believe that you are able to escape fights way to easily, with most players having a punch bow and enderpearls its close to impossible to kill anyone as they are able to escape fights in seconds. To prove my point I gathered some videos to show what I am talking about.

Example nr 1:

Example nr 2:

Another reason why I have found it hard to keep players in combat to prevent them from escaping is how there is no countdown on /spawn.

Example:

Suggestions for a solution:
    I believe that two simple changes would fix this problem. The first and most important change would be to remove the punch enchantment from prisons/removing bows completly. I believe that the enderpearls should be enough for a player to escape a fight.

The 2nd change I have in mind is adding a spawn countdown to prevent players from being able to just /spawn straight away as they get out of combat.
    Let me know what you think of my idea/opinion.

Sincerely
    -Issel.

4151 and guih like this.
  2. Peddlers

I don't think there's a point in adding a cooldown on /spawn, as people can just log off and go back to spawn as soon as they log on. As for removing the boost bow and epearl, a smaller arena would solve the problem.

jellt, Xermes and Issel like this.
  3. Klarissa

klarrissa
    I agree with this post 100%. People can get away so fast and it’s annoying having to chase them around and around. You can literally do circles around pvp. If you don’t take out now boosting I would suggest we make the pvp arena smaller so it’s not a chase.

Have a great day :D

Issel likes this.
  4. jellt

Jellt
    I do agree its annoying to chase people, but like other users said we need a different map. I rhink the problem would be solves with a smaller map and a map that doesnt circle around spawn. There are just too many places to hide behind trees and a huge spawn sitting in the middle of the pvp arena is annoying.

Issel likes this.
  5. Unadvised

Unadvised
    This is something @Composures brought up in another thread (The arena being too big). It seems to be something almost most of the prison community agrees on. Although removing punch bows might not be the answer there are many different ways we can approach this issue. Its definitely something we can change when the time comes.

jellt and Issel like this.
  6. 4151

I agree with this 50/50 because boost bows are quite op. If you do the first gap then its annoying sometimes because the opponent runs around the whole map. So thats a negative. However, a positive side of boost bows is that when you need to go you can boost across the map then pearl and hide then log. But the combat tag is the worst i think it should go back to 8 seconds and when you try log like /spawn you should have a 3 second timer so you cant instantly log. So its a +1 from me :)
    -Immortal akaGast
    akaGast#0001

Issel likes this.
  7. jowhk

jowhk
    I completely agree. It is so unfair for those who actually want to have a good fight. The arena is way too big. When I fight on there, everyone always escapes! So it just makes me not PvP on Prison.

Issel likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.