Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

A Way To Play With VPN?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoloswsg247, Aug 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoloswsg247

Yoloswsg247
    I understand why VPNs aren't allowed on the server because hackers could just switch there IPs and get back on. I usually don't use VPNs when I play on the server but since I'm back at school I can't really play without getting on my hotspot and having 300+ ping. Could there be a way to whitelist certain users that allow them to use VPNs for circumstances where they can't play without them? I know this is probably going to get rejected but it's worth the try.

2. Keres

KERE5
    If your home IP is being detected as a VPN you can get whitelisted. However, I've already checked and you can't be whitelisted if you're just trying to use one. The reasoning is something to do with preventing IP bans on VPNs. Can't remember

3. Xermes

Xermes
    Hi Yoloswsg247,

The only reason a staff member would whitelist you on the MCC network's VPN database is if there is a threat to you from the community. It doesn't seem that this is a threat.

Sometimes, players are flagged by the VPN lock inaccurately and are unable to join the server despite the fact that they are not actually using a VPN. As a solution, Senior Moderators can whitelist players who are inadvertently flagged.

I hope my response helped.

Yoloswsg247 likes this.
  4. xBenz

xBenz
    Hello!

You stated you need a VPN because you went back to school and I am assuming that the school WiFi blocks Minecraft.
    However, that is not a valid reason to get VPN Whitelisted. You are free to use your mobile hotspot but you won't be whitelisted for this reason

If you still have concerns or questions regarding using a VPN or getting on the whitelist, feel free to contact me over Discord: xBenz#9703

Yoloswsg247 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.