A solution to the biggest issue on MC Central...

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Lieger, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Lieger

Hello, my name is Lieger, I've been playing on MC Central for years but I really only started to play it a lot recently. One thing that has come to my attention while playing on here is that there is a huge issue with cheaters on the server. I am sure that you've read posts like this hundreds of times and don't mean to sound like a broken record, however, something really needs to be done about the issue. In the video that I created below, I highlighted the only real way to solve the hacker issue on the server:

Evolution of hacked clients and how they evolve (this is an older video but it is still very relevant, he took down his more recent video on the subject but this is still very relevant, he also goes a little off-topic here and there but I promise its a good video):

Best server anti-cheat (and ones you can get):

Playlist of Tenebrous debunking people with ghost clients or people that are cheating: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBxuHiOW1kN2pnbSuLuyFE1b8Hrf8Zkku

As a community, we are asking the developers and staff to please take a look into investing into an anti-cheat that can pick up most hacks at a decent speed. We love this server and we want to see it succeed it's just very very difficult to have fun and enjoy it when people are constantly cheating and ruining the game for others.

-Thank you

Abar and EssentialsPlus like this.
  2. fajoszz

fajoszz

This has been discussed several times, but I'll explain to you. The biggest problem with hacking at mcc is that access to acc alt is currently very easy, so if got 20 banned hackers, at least 10 of them come back in another account. The mcc team is working very hard on the new AC, and is working hard to avoid hacking at acc alt. So the best thing you can do is wait and help reporting.
    I hope I've helped!

3. Alxnikov

Alxnikov
    If the server used IP bans then this wouldn't be a problem anymore, and as for what the original poster said I think they should add a /report option because needing to go to the forums to report a player is a bit tedious and causes most players to shy away from doing it which causes most hackers to go unpunished unless a staff member is present. As for a better anti-cheat I might sign up for that but I've been kicked from the server before by an anti-cheat when I wasn't cheating so if you give an anti-cheat the ability to ban people some innocent players might get banned.

Wolfscare likes this.
  4. fajoszz

fajoszz

IP ban is very easy to fool, with vpn for example. And there is "ban evasion" but even so, ip ban is still not enough.

/ report would cause problems for such reasons:

- Either could be reported and most of the time, it would just be a player thinking the other was a hacker, and that would take the moderator's time to go to the player, watch him and after a while, realize that it was just a legit player being jumbled. In that wasted time, he could be watching other minigames / sub-servers, so he would be more useful, and if you want to report a fast hacker, use support chat from discord server.

- There would be fake reports, either by mistake, or because of immature players.

Like I said, the staff team is working very hard on a new AC, so my recommendation is to wait. Improvements are coming.

5. Ankh

Ankh
    There is really nothing MCC can do about the alts. IP banning doesn't even work anymore. The AntiProxy is easy to bypass, even without a VPN. A lot of ISPs nowadays offer dynamic IPs, so basically you can change your IP at the click of a button or it changes everytime you restart your router. An AntiCheat really is the only thing they can do at this point.

As for what you said about them working hard on the AntiCheat; no, they're not. The owners are doing pretty much nothing in regards to the anticheat. It's been almost 2 months since the last anticheat "update", if you would even call it that, where they made it now possible for hackers to literally SPEED AND FLY. This is something that should have been fixed immediately, or at least reverted to the old settings until they could make a proper update. But it's been over a month since the change was made, and we're still seeing absolutely no signs of improvement. This is beyond unacceptable, for any server. Adding onto that, it's not even a custom AntiCheat. The MCC AntiCheat is nothing but "a build off of" AAC (AdvancedAntiCheat), a plugin that literally ANYONE can get off spigot. All they do is change the values in the configuration. But, as you can see from the recent updates, they have no idea what they're doing with it.

And they think they don't need a Developer Team. They're already hiring an external build team to do the building for them, wouldn't be any harder to start hiring an external dev team to make and maintain an AntiCheat. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

You act like people can't make false reports through Discord. Adding a /report function does nothing but make it easier for those who actually need the staffs' attention. People can just as easily falsely accuse someone of hacking on discord and have a moderator track them down. So technically, reporting someone through Discord would be an even bigger waste of time.

Wolfscare and iluvu like this.
  6. Lieger

the thing is is that people that hack on mc central don't care enough to hack on this server if they were to get IP banned. People that play competitive PVP servers use ip bans, yes they have VPNs that can still bypass these bans but the thing is is that it will still cut down a ton of the people cheating. while yes, some people might bypass by doing this, it will still greatly reduce the number of cheaters on the network. regardless though, my main point was that recording people is probably the least effective method in catching cheaters because of how time-consuming it is and it wont be able to take care of people that are using ghost clients or closet cheating.

7. Lieger

even if people used vpns to bypass it would still cut the number of cheaters down by a very large amount because people don't care enough to join the server by going through the whole process of getting a vpn and on an alt, they will just hop onto the next server in their list.

8. Lieger

I left a video discussing anti-cheats that are on the market to get, these anti-cheats are coded very well and the chances of getting false kicked or false banned are very slim. I can guarantee that the number of people that could be falsely banned is only a very small margin of the number of people that get reported through recordings that are cheating but do no get banned.

9. Lieger

I agree with you completely, Ip bans don't work very well, however, that is only if the person that got banned is determined enough to go through the process of bypassing which I know for a fact that most people are not. Most people that get banned are only coming on the server to screw around with cheats, once they get banned, they just move onto the next server. Every time I have brought up talk to someone high up in community about the anti-cheat I've always been told (for years) "they are working on it", there are now many very good anti-cheats that re on the market and not even very expensive at all, some are even free.

10. Lieger

11. Ankh

Ankh
    While there is truth in what you 're saying, it's not really about being determined to bypass anymore. It's so easy now that you can be back on the server in less than a minute, with a brand new account and IP, in less than 5 clicks. Also for a lot of the people you see hacking online, if you take a look at their punishment history they will likely have past punishments for hacking. So these are either repeat offenders, or just alts that got thrown back into the cycle once unbanned. The other problem with IP bans is that they rarely actually happen. Unless a player or staff member specifically requests for someone's IP to be checked for banned alts, chances are it won't be checked.

Yeah, those words are kind of hollow at this point. They've been promising updates and making claims of working on things for literal years, but we've seen almost no positive results. In my opinion, they should get a different AntiCheat. AAC clearly isn't doing the job. The one you suggested seems like a good replacement, though I heard that it's a little expensive. But there's plenty more amazing AntiCheats out there.

iluvu likes this.
  12. Lieger

I mean yes it is easy to do it, but regardless, it will cut down the number of cheaters greatly, even if people bypass and whatnot, there are still going to be people that dont care enough to do it and that alone will reduce the number of people cheating. The issue is is that instead of getting kicked people need to get banned and the anti-cheat needs to be able to at least pick up some closet cheaters and always be able to pick up blatant ones. A better anti-cheat no matter what will make a fairly large difference no matter what.

13. Lieger

I agree, it is a little on the expensive end but there are so many different options they could choose that would do the server so much better. Closet cheaters will never get picked up with what they use now, it can’t even pick up a lot of blatant hacks. They need to do something about the anti cheat, at the very least it will at least cut cheaters down quite a lot.

14. Lieger

Will anyone look into getting a better anti cheat for the server? Everyone I’ve spoken to about this agrees that the cheaters are the biggest issue on the server. You have to pretty much account for the fact that more than likely someone in your game is cheating. You should never have to assume that when playing any game on a server that someone would be cheating, Again, I’m not saying that there will never be cheaters or whatever but if a new anti cheat is installed it would cut down the issue vastly.

15. Hwkeyez

Hackers can use vpns.

16. Lieger

Again, like I previously stated, that’s the case on every server, regardless, having a better anti cheat that IP bans still would cut down the issue a lot, most people that cheat on MC CENTRAL don’t care enough to put a vpn on and get on another account just to hack and get IP banned in 30 seconds.

17. Lieger

Can we get some sort of staff reply to this thread acknowledging the issue at hand? The only interaction from staff on this post was from a helper the first day it was up and he liked it. People are getting really tiered of all of the cheaters we have to deal with.

18. Lieger

This crazy, how has this issue not been addressed, what do the people in the community have to do to get at least some sort of response about this topic?

19. Lieger

All we are asking is for some sort of staff acknowledgment on the issue, this server keeps leaving their community on the dark on a number of different issues. This is currently the biggest issue on the server, however, the fact nobody even feels any sort of responsibility to even just reply to a thread like this is fairly ridiculous. I hate too sound overdramatic or even rude but this issue is easily the most annoying issue there is to deal with on the server and is currently the largest issue on the network. It takes so little time to input a premade anti-cheat, all we are asking is that something please gets done about the issue.

20. Lieger

bro :/ come on

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.