A render distance greater than 5

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Syn, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syn

Syn

Syntaxvgm
    This limit is very annoying, especially on skyblock- it's not generating new chunks there! I understand that entity rendering will still be the 1 chunk away either way, but like can we load chunks further away? 10 would be excellent, and would load most islands all the way. Even 7 would be much better. As it is there's a lot of reasonable showy builds I cant make cause you can't even see the them all at once and they'd look stupid. Doesn't really need to be 16 like some other equally large servers like that one that starts with the letter h, that's a little overkill for mp.
    Stuff like plots survival, not really needed. But factions and skyblock? Would be much appreciated. Pretty sure factions solo bases can be larger than the render distance

The only server I've every played with a render distance this low (even back in the day on early beta) is 2b2t...and uh that doesn't even count really. It's a miracle when it's not on fire.

edit
    it's 4 isn't it

Also 2b2t might be slightly higher or the same now that I'm looking...the server where lag machines dont get you banned )not that it's ever been anything but laggy)

#1 Syn, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.