Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

A new /report system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legwarmer, Jan 18, 2021.

1. legwarmer

legwarmer
    Hey there cutie

As the previous general thread discussed, fly hacking is a big problem for mini game servers- No, it’s a big problem for the whole server. Not just fly, but aura, scaffold, and even X-ray. I feel like if there was a /report system in game, it would be very beneficial to the community. Sure, there’s /chat report - But why would we report hackers for their messages? If there was a report system, that can be used all over the server - that would help staff know faster where the hacker is, and their ign - Of course, people who want to try for staff may not use this feature to get a report on forums, but besides that it goes down to players who don’t have a recording software, don’t have discord, but want to do something about hackers.

I’m really curious what other think, so please leave a reply below so I can understand the ups and downs of this feature. Have a good day and please don’t bully me if this idea sucks. :)

JoaoOssucci likes this.
  2. Swaggle

Swaggle
    Hello! There have been other threads created surrounding this idea and they have been previously voted down since the way we were (and still are) able to catch hackers has been working out pretty well. With the announcement of the new Minigame Revamp I think it's safe to say now that this command could seriously be considered. There's going to be an entire overhaul with a lot of the plugins that are in place and you can find more about this here! I definitely support this idea now since there is going to be an entire literal revamp to minigames! This would be really efficient for staff if this was done right so I would definitely be excited about this idea. It would help the community easily report hackers to us without having to go through a bunch of extra steps, for example, tagging us in Discord or creating Forum Reports which requires proper evidence and the video to be uploaded. I most definitely agree with you about how it's not just "Flying" that hackers are using to hack on our server, it's definitely the whole kit and caboodle. The only real issue that I would see is that this needs to be integrated correctly on the staff member's end so it's not an overwhelming thing for the staff members and it sits right with all of our other systems and permissions. Other than that this would be a lovely easy concept for players to use! I appreciate you creating this post and I look forward to other feedback about this idea that has been brought up time and time again.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.