Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our Skyblock reset, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

A conversation with a hacker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tmast, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Tmast

This story that I am about to tell took place today in mc-central's skywars.

So, a little bit of context. I play skywars a lot, but the fly hackers make it impossible to play. I usually record and report a lot of the flying hackers, but it never seems to really make a difference and that really angers me.

That was when I had the idea of recording a hacker, messaging him and maybe blackmail him if needed so that he stopped without me needing to actually report him and eventually ban him. And yes, I know, it was a stupid idea because the first thing I should have done was put the video on youtube and report him immediately, but I was so tired of reporting hackers and never seeming to make a difference. So I added one of the flying hackers as a friend (there are like two every game) and tried to talk with him.

The first thing I thought of doing was blackmail him and warn him that if he did not stop immediately I would report him and he would get banned. This happened once when three players were teaming and I talked them out of it. They stopped because, usually, if it is a child behind the monitor, him or her would get scared and stop doing whatever he or she was doing. Thats why when I found team players and threatened them with a report, the first answer was: "I am only eleven and my mom would kill me". Then, they stopped teaming.

But not in this hacker's case. By the way he wrote, I could tell he was a kid, but he didn't respond to my report threat as I was expecting.

This was his response to my threat: https://prnt.sc/s7yl0b

I knew people could buy alts, but I never thought of someone just returning after being banned like that. Throughout our talk, he was banned a total of 4 times in merely five to ten minutes and returned in 30 seconds. He returned so easily and fast that I finally understood why my reports didn't make any difference. The hackers always return, even with IP-Ban.

When I understood that he had infinite alts and he was never going to be completely banned, I knew I had to try and make him stop through empathy, because I knew reporting him wouldn't make a difference, since he would just comeback 30 seconds later.

Here are some prints about how the conversation went (remember that all the different names are the same person in different accounts): https://prnt.sc/s7yxuo
    https://prnt.sc/s7ymh4

Basically I tried to make him understand how he was ruining other people's games by hacking and he didn't give a s*** about it. He said it was fun, which proved even more that he was just a kid that didn't understand how an online game works. Throughout the entire conversation, he kept getting banned and adding me in new accounts.

I kept insisting that he stopped hacking and eventually he told me this: https://prnt.sc/s7yr9s

He would stop hacking just because I was in the game, like he was sympathetic towards me just because I talked to him. He couldn't understand that the other people he was using hacks to kill were simply players, such as me, and not robots designed to provide him fun.

That was the last message he sent me, because when he entered the game with me, he stopped hacking just for this game and I absolutely destroyed him in PVP. He removed me from his friend's list and I have no idea what he is doing now.

That is the whole story, I hope you enjoyed it. It proves that the only way to get rid of all these flying hackers that torment minigames is not a /report command, but an anti-cheat, which I know is supposedly being developed, although staff have been saying it for months and months but we still see no results whatsoever. I don't want to insult anyone, but things are getting completely out of hand and it is almost impossible to win a skywars, even if you are the best player in the world.

Thank you for reading this.

2. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Howdy yo! If you saw these hackers hack away, then you should record them, and report them on the forums. If you did report them, and they got accepted, then that's good. I have dealt with many hackers overtime, and they always talk like this, or they act like they didn't hack at all. A recording software I recommend is the Icecream Screen Recorder, and you can download it here. Hope this helps for future references!
    <3

3. Tmast

The point of the entire story was that reporting these hackers would not send them away, although yes, it is the best thing one can do when you find one.

stiva likes this.
  4. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    Yeah Agreed, just report them on the forums, a lot of the hackers won't care, and just will continue hacking. Me myself, I stream on twitch (PLEASE GIVE ME TWITCH RANK ALEX <3) and I use ALT+X (To clip) and then crop it to 5 seconds before it starts and 5 seconds after it ends, and then report them on the forums I currently have 242 accepted forums reports from doing this, and it is a very simple way, the hackers don't care, they just hack and hack and hack away.

Tmast likes this.
  5. Gamer_Pup478

Gamer_Pup478
    Hey,

Cool story. Supposedly, with this new minigame revamp, there will be a new and improved Anti-Cheat coming to the server! It's not necessarily going to catch every single hacker, but compared to what we have now, it will be a major improvement. As Turtlez said, the best thing you can do is report them on the forums.

I say this a lot, but if everyone took 5 minutes out of their time playing to report a hacker, it would greatly reduce the amount of cheaters in our games. We can't just depend on the Anti-Cheat to ban them all. Since @TheKingOfTurtlez has 242+ accepted forum reports, that means just me and him have gotten over 420+ hackers banned. If everybody dedicates some time each day to report them, hackers could be significantly reduced.

6. Sarrrcasm

Sarrcasm
    Hey!

I have experienced this as well, I actually made a hacker really mad and started targeting me. He also made sure I was the last person alive and he would just fly around so I couldn’t get him. (Basically would just wait the round out). With people like this, you don’t really think it makes a difference in recording and reporting on the website. What I usually do in these kind of situations is that I send a message in mccentrals discord in support channel. Usually most of the IP ban evaders recognizes staff members and will just log off for a while. This option is a lot better than waiting hours for staff member to view your report and ban.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.