A better social system.

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Elecctricc, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Good morning, afternoon or evening all!
    I've wanted to create this thread for awhile but I was compiling some ideas to add and I believe I have finally come up with some serious changes that would affect the current friend system on the server for the better.
    It's no surprise to hear that the current friend/party system feels clunky and somewhat dated, proven from the lack of abbreviations to make everyone's lives easier, you would be surprised at how many times I have to tell people that to friend/party someone they have to write out the actual word.
    I have come up with multiple ideas to add/change to the current system that hopefully will be regarded. Let's get into them!

The changes I would make to the friend system:

► Abbreviating "friend" to "fr". This will not affect factions commands and will be more user friendly overall with a modern feeling.
    abreviation.png

► Adding a friend request toggle for those who don't want to have friend requests constant spamming them. (I see this most benefiting to staff members, however I believe everyone should be able to use the command)
    2020-04-21_12.07.12.png

► Abbreviating "msgf" to "fm" (friend message). Personally I think that "msgf" feels antiquated and takes up to much space in the text line compared to just a single "fm".
    friend message.png

► Adding a best friend system. Not only as a bragging right but also when checking your own friends list your best friends will be shown first.
    best friend.png

► Relating to the best friend system, when your best friend enters the server or leaves the server, an in game notification could be given, allowing you to say hello or coordinate other things.
    best friend online message.png

► Also relating to the best friend system, when your best friend joins a sub-server or minigame, a notification could be given to you letting you know that they've gone to that particular place. I feel that this is an easier way that checking your friends list for the particular player then finding out where their playing.
    best friend server connect.png

The changes I would make to the party system:

► Abbreviating "party" to "p". To my knowledge this shouldn't affect any current commands in the server and just like abbreviating the friend command, this would make everybody's lives easier.
    party abreviation.png

This ability to flip through chats such as public chat and team chat is not new. It exists in team gamemodes such as cakewars or team skywars. Adding another option to flip through would make chatting in parties much easier as there is no complication for simply forgetting to write "/pc"
    flip through chats (party).png

These are just my current ideas and if you have any that you reckon should be added or disagree with then let me know!
    Thanks for reading.
    - Elecctricc.

iiSean, Phraze, riddlework and 12 others like this.
  2. Gamer_Pup478

Gamer_Pup478
    Hey,

Wow this is the best idea I've heard of. It does get very annoying having to type /msgf, or /friend add. It takes a while and a simpler command such as the ones you've thought of would sound like a great addition to add to MCC!

Aslo the friend favorite command sounds like a great feature! I have around 30 pages of friends and I'd love to see the friends who I play with the most on top.

+1 from me :)

#2 Gamer_Pup478, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Elecctricc likes this.
  3. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    Absolutely amazing forum post, YES YES YES. I agree with you 100% the friend plugin is a bit clunky and I am forever getting tired at typing out the whole command, and yes having the ability to toggle which chat you talk in would be a amaxing, GREAT POST, THANK YOUU!!
    +1 from me too

Elecctricc likes this.
  4. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Thank you both! Was getting tired myself and thought created a centralized post for it all would benefit us all in the long run!:)

Stolsiee likes this.
  5. seretinsky

eyerolls
    All of these ideas I like. I think they are all great and would make the friend system a lot easier. And also I like how you have come up with a (even if similar) new Friend system unlike like the other threads on this that just stem from the hypixel friend system.
    Absolute +1

Elecctricc likes this.
  6. CoolElla

CoolElla
    Good idea , but if people have over 2 pages of active friends the “ Name has joined subserver “ would end up clogging up your chat.

If they added a way to disable that it would be epic tho!

:D

stiva, Elecctricc and Zonafer like this.
  7. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I really like the idea of making these commands shorter, but I do have a few suggestions and questions for you:

• Using /f instead of /fr would be a much better choice, server-wide. I understand it will affect the factions commands in Factions, but they can just use /friend.
    • How would the toggle command work? Would it instantly bounce friend requests, telling the person who sent it the recipient's requests are blocked? Or would it just sit in a person's /friend request menu, waiting to be read? This needs to be elaborated on before I can give an opinion.
    • /msgf is a very short command, doesn't take up much space and is easy to remember, because it literally is shorthand for "message friend". I don't think this command needs to be changed, because it is already short and effective.
    • A best friend system would be awesome! There could also be tags for friends- for example, you could take someone with "Skywars" if you often play Skywars together. Such a feature will definitely help keep people's lists clear and easy to access.
    • I don't think the best friend system needs to be so extensive, though. Knowing exactly where your friends are at all times is a little creepy, don't you think? This feature wouldn't be very useful, so I suggest either scrapping it altogether or the ability to toggle it, as it could get spammy at times.
    • Shortening the party commands would be very useful, and I don't have anything to add. Great idea!
    • I also like the idea of being able to toggle different chats, but specific toggles would need to be implemented. /chat can't work everywhere, so I suggest /chat (channel) is used instead, where the channel is party, plot, team, or all.

Overall, some really good ideas. They just need some adjustments here and there // +1

Elecctricc likes this.
  8. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    I have 13 pages lmao

9. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Hey thank you for the feedback!

Originally having us all except Factions using /f was my idea however I did think that it would create confusion if on one server you could /f and then on another you couldn't. I did not think of having both as an option so that is certainly a possibility!

I was thinking of having it send a message to the sender: "The player you attempted to add has friend requests turned off" or something similar. This gives a chance to let the sender know to recipient that their requests are off and for sender to send one instead (In this scenario at-least)

I do agree in hindsight that it is a little creepy however it is practically no different to doing /friend list, it's just in real time:)

Again, thank you for your insight! Appreciate it @Zonafer !

10. xUnkn0wn

dontswear
    Personally I 100% agree with everything on this list. It gets really annoying to type /party invite or /friend add whenever you want to do one of those things. I think that this would be a small and easy change to make, that will have a good impact overall and make it a lot more user friendly.
    These are some great ideas!

Elecctricc and Jazmiin like this.
  11. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    I agree 100% with every suggestion you made.

I also just wanted to add that there should be a command to toggle party chat such as /chat p so that we do not have to keep typing /pc before every message we want to send to the party.

I also think it would be very beneficial to to be able to clear your entire friends list at once. If you're someone who has been playing MCC for a long time like me, your friends list most likely takes up tons of pages and it can be tedious and take ages to remove every person individually.

Thanks for your great suggestions! I hope to see them implemented.

Elecctricc likes this.
  12. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Hey Elecctricc,

Nice to see that you've really put some effort into this. I think seeing that your friend joined subserver would be maybe a little bit too much, since you know they're online you can always do /friend list to just see where they are if you want to. But I think this change would fit the server well.
    Keep up the effort Elecctricc
    -Dionnysus

Elecctricc likes this.
  13. beeankah

beeankah
    Hiya Elecc! c:

I love your idea and I completely agree. MCC's friend system has always been great but I've often seen people complain about a few things that you've mentioned (/msgf being too long)
    I've always thought of how MCC can improve their small systems like these and you've put it together perfectly, although I would also love to see a way to toggle off/on the joining announcements. E.g /fr toggle join - or just something like that in case it gets too annoying to see people join and leave servers.

Have a lovely day (:

Elecctricc likes this.
  14. Aymere

15. Ankh

Ankh
    For the friends command suggestions, the only issue I really have is that I have wanted to see a "friend reply", or "/fr", feature added for some time now, so that I don't need to type out their name every single time I message a friend. If your suggestion was implemented then this would not be possible.

As for the /p abbreviation, this is already taken by /plot on sub-servers with plots, And I don't think many people would be too happy if you took away their /p on plot servers.

For switching between chats, I've always preferred the command to speak in separate chat over toggling it on and off (eg. /gc, /pc, /ac). It makes it a lot easier to have conversations in 2 chats at the same time when you're not having to type /chat <channel> between each and every message you send. From my personal experience, it's a lot easier to accidentally send something in the wrong chat when you have to physically sign out of that chat every time you need to say something elsewhere.

Elecctricc, Zonafer and FourNut like this.
  16. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey Gamer Gamer Elecctricc Gamer!
    I completely agree with this, however with the [@] Elecctricc has joined the server and such would really be annoying if you have a lot of friends, I have around 30-45 pages worth of friends, and just seeing that in my chat whenever someone joins the server could be quite annoying. Possibly with this command you could do /fj toggle (/friendjoin toggle) or something like that to toggle the showing when a friend joins the server. I completely agree with everything else though! I love the shortening of commands and it could really improve communication between players! I would really love this, however for me I have gotten used to that command and I have gotten pretty fast at typing those commands in, so it will be a struggle to get used to the new commands :D

About the /pc command I believe that this is true in some ways, but I also believe in what @Ankh says about /pc, /gc, and /ac. I do love those commands, and sometimes I do forget to type in /pc but that only happens rarely. I feel like just typing /pc, /gc, and /ac would be much easier, and it wouldn't be as time consuming to switch between /chat :D

Have a nice day!

-ObjectiveArcade

Elecctricc and Zonafer like this.
  17. Ahnxious

Emiies
    Agreed. Maybe even make a /remove friend list 1 . I had 40 friend list :/// and it took a week to get rid of them. I took long breaks :) gotta play that murder mayhem. :)))))))

Elecctricc likes this.
  18. Conscience

Conscience
    I personally think this a great idea. This would be a great way to streamline the friends system. +1! Hope this is added :)

#18 Conscience, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Elecctricc likes this.
  19. AndyEatsGames

lemonshark541
    This feels like a necessity. I would definitely get behind this. A +1 from me!!

Elecctricc likes this.
  20. JDelii

JDelii

The problem with the (friend) has joined (server) thing is if you have a large friend list of active people your chat could get clogged really quickly.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.