Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Deleted member 254, Mar 29, 2020.

1. ..

#1 Deleted member 254, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2022
  2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey hey regent! i’m not much of a sweater, but i feel that blacklisting specific swear words can get super annoying and such. mcc isn’t much of a “kiddy” server, swearing has been allowed since the beginning, and i think even lava craft. as you already pointed out, there are rules for large amounts and derogatory words n slurs, but words like “fuck” and “shit” i feel are fine. they are not the nciest words by any means, but they’re also not the most horrible words by themselves, in my opinion. there’s servers like mineplex where no swearing or suggestive comments are allowed; they consider saying “f word” is filter bypass.
    i don’t think becoming more strict on the chatting on mcc would make the community “better”, more players would bypass since they have become common words, and they’re commonly used in abbreviations like “lmfao” and “wtf”. again, these wouldn’t be the best examples or finest words to use/have. I get that, i just feel that mcc has been this way for a while and becoming more strict and/or changing up the chatting could stir up some people. :flooshed:
    yes, mcc has younger players, and minecraft as a game is rated E or something, but it’s not like mcc is made for a younger crowd of players, maybe say like mineplex.
    i’m not opposed to mcc being a little more friendly in chat, but disallowing swearing isn’t going to change it. i think not allowing swearing on mcc wouldn’t work since it’s been this way for so long, and there’s many ways to bypass, what you had said, the f word and s word (either by adding additional letters, replacing letters w/ numbers, using laby unicode letters or any copy and paste kinda lettering, adding words to them [ex: fuckboi, shitshow, shitted, fuckedup] )
    ik you were a moderator before, so you may have a feeling of how many players get muted a day, i feel that making swearing a rule, would increase that.meaning that more players would be doing appeals, and staff would have more on their plate, and there’s already staff who struggle to do their appeals on time with what they already got. i feel that making swearing not allowed would bring more for staff to deal with when it’s such a minor subject matter.

overall, i am -1. i feel that swearing on mcc is something that makes mcc not as annoying as other servers.
    Have a great day :D

3. Kane

Kane
    Hey RegentAgent!

I feel like the idea isn't going to work. We simply do not want to overdo it. We want to give players a bit of a freedom right there. It's not like those words are words that people haven't heard of or are offended by just by simply using them. If a child joins the game, then he/she automatically consents that the chat may contain explicit content. Filtering swear words would make the server more of a prison than a game. By joining the server, you consent that the chat may (or may not) contain explicit content; as Kieren said in a thread similar to this, "Whilst we try to filter chat, there is only so much we can do without silencing the whole server."​

#3 Kane, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    HeckTheThicc and Montilou like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.