2 Step Verification

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Swaatik, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Swaatik

swaatik
    Have a system or plug in where if players want they can set up a 2 Step Verification process to verify it is the owner of the account playing on the account to prevent unauthorized users from using the account and getting it banned or muted causing trouble for the user who owns the account.

2. creeper7777777

creeper7777777
    Hello! While an ip-verification step exists, it's only for staff, as it isn't very user-friendly. Additionally, if a regular player account gets into the wrong hands, it's not like they can go around banning/muting people. Because of this, I wouldn't say that this is a priority, although I wouldn't complain if they added an optional system in which players can set up a password to their account when they log in to the server.

It's generally a bad idea to share accounts, and you should change your password if someone has it. Additionally, if your account is compromised and you cannot have it log in to MCC, you can contact a senior moderator to ban it (although you must wait 1 month to appeal this). Plugins that make users log in with a password are not hard to make, but I don't think it is a priority for MCC.

Xermes likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.