1v1 tournaments

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by FreezeMC, Dec 26, 2019.

1. FreezeMC

ItsFreezeMC
    So here is one thing that I just thought of and would be a lot of fun! As you may know every few hours there is a UHC game and the winner gets buycraft money. Another sort of game could be 1v1 tournaments it could be anything from no debuff to sumo or even 2v2 team fights. I think it would just be a lot of fun and a ton of people would do it.

2. iluvu

I could get behind this if it wasn't for the fact that arena has truly awful pvp and there is no other place I would see this occurring, -1. If it went to something like the wager duels arena (assuming it gets improved which based on disc suggestions I believe it will be soon) then I will be in support!

3. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    I couldn't really see this happening as not everyone on the server is a pvper and some are builders or grinders. This wouldn't really be something to add on to the server but maybe make this a community event?

4. W5vil

W5vil
    I think that this in its self should not be its own minigame cause it would be popular for a bit, then die. Instead of this players should be able to make it themselves. Like with a plot command allowing PVP on a plot for so you can duel more than 1 friend. If you are on an active server, you could create a nice pvp plot and host a tourny with a prize on the line. I know this might be a bit complicated, but all the fun that would be had!
    I hope you have a great day!
    -W5vil

5. seekingattention

seekingattention
    The community events team has hosted Arenapvp tournaments in the past with gift code and/or key prizes, and will still continue to do so in the coming new year.

Like I said above, we've hosted plenty of arena tournaments in the past. I'm sure that you already know arenapvp is the duels subserver on MCC, where you can 1v1 people, or do team fights. Just because not everyone is a pvper doesn't mean this won't work. Tournaments hosted in the past have gone pretty well, and likely will continue to do so in the future.

The problem with doing tournaments through wagers on another subserver is that we can't spectate the matches (at least as of right now). In the future this is an option I'd like to see get added as well with a few other fixes with the wager system but in it's current state, I'd agree in saying that it isn't suitable.

6. unidasios

Yeah and the price for the winner is to get banned, there's so many cheaters on MCC it wouldn't be fun because the hackers would be most likely to win since 1/5 on MCC cheat ....

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.