Discussion in 'Survival General Discussion' started by bebeli555, Sep 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bebeli555

Survival runs on 1.8.9 right now which is so old so could u please considere updating the survival server to newer versions because theres so much in the newer versions for example shulker boxes, u could raid mansions and so many new items would be the game much more fun.

2. Bobbythehuman

bobbythehuman
    if this does happen people who play 1.8 will not be able to play. As well as the whole server is based off of 1.8 so if it does get changed to the latest version many people will not be able to play. So I think it is good as it is.

3. Ankh

Ankh
    It's not that hard to switch your version.

As for the OP, I do believe there's a few subservers (and minigames) out there that would do better being version specific, instead of just everything being 1.8 with 1.9+ support. Would open a lot of opportunities in regards to gameplay and mechanics, and fix a lot of long lasting bugs as well.

4. ray01

ray01
    You are able to play on newer versions but mcc goes alot smoother and better on 1.8.9 But you can always test them out everyone has different opinions.

B_Man05 likes this.
  5. bebeli555

Bobbythehuman people can just switch versions from the launcher xd and ray01 i know u can play with the newer versions but its still 1.8 we want the new stuff from the updates

6. Swaggle

Swaggle
    Hello! I see the idea behind your suggestion and I actually really like it. It would be super fun to be able to obtain new items in Survival rather than having the same old 1.8 things going on. But I do see a few issues with this. On survival, it's not just vanilla survival. It is plotworld survival and there's a lot of things going on with it. I don't know if survival will be updated anytime soon but I would like to see this idea considered because I agree that there is a lot more things that you could do and explore in newer versions. Thank you for posting and have a lovely rest of your day. ♡

B_Man05, bebeli555 and AZXG like this.
  7. httpmeme

genderroles
    Hiya!

I think having 1.14 would be cool because all of the nice because all of the new mobs, but I can see a few problems with the new updates and stuff. On Survival, fishing is one of the easiest ways to make quick and easy money, in the 1.13 Aquatic update you can easily kill fish and gain a lot of money through that, which can be too op (same thing with the underwater ravines and such) and I think it would further unbalance the Survival eco. If they lower fish prices and ore prices I'd definitely would be all go to have 1.14 added in for Survival. 1.8.9 is better for people who spam click in pvp, but Survival's main focus isn't supposed to pvp but rather collecting and building and having a nice time on the subserver. I'd love to see bees and pandas and all the new mobs that were added roaming around in the resource world since it would entertain the players more and keep them for getting bored from just mining and farming.

Have a lovely day/night!

-meme

B_Man05 and AZXG like this.
  8. Zguy2000

Zguy2000
    I am a +1 on this idea, I think it would add a lot of content to the survival world where resources can be gathered. I just recently began really grinding out Survival and getting my plot up to an impressive point, so I’m still a little fresh and involved with everything going on. However, I could see how one would want this update if they had mainly played survival for a long period of time. I don’t believe it will be implemented soon, but I could see it coming for the Survival Reset.

Have a nice day/night!
    -Zguy2000

B_Man05 likes this.
  9. As of right now I do not see them changing the versions of survival. A few reasons would be.

#1 They already got 1.8.9 almost perfect and changing the game version would make a lot of new bugs and it would be more time on stuff that would need to be fixed,

#2 It would cause more lag even on other servers that are updated 1.14 causes a lot of lag and if you have played on MCC you would know there is already a bit of lag so there is no reason to make more.

#3 If they did happen to change it to 1.14 a lot of new players would not know how to play. 1.8 is about as simple as it is and crafting recipes are easy to remember and everything you need you can almost gather in /warp fb. Changing it to 1.14 would make it harder for players to obtain some items and crafting in 1.14 is a little more difficult.

#4 when you say "We want new stuff" I am not sure who "we" counts as because pvp in the newer versions is trash 1.8 pvp mechanics are easy and way better then the newer stuff if this was changed we would most likely lose a lot of players then gain any more.

#5 Making it 1.14 would completely change the economy and would have to spend a lot more time coming up with the new prices. It would almost be near impossible to make a game 1.14 without it getting way to over powered.

I could go on and on about how 1.14 would be a bad choice but ill end it here. Thanks for reading Have a good day!

10. bebeli555

Samboni05 i agree it would be a big update but its getting really boring with 1.8.9’s limited features and ive seen a TON of people joining the server first time and asking what version this is. When they hear its 1.8.9 they just say lol and leave also you could change the pvp in 1.14.4 into normal 1.8 pvp. I dont mind prisons and other sub servers being 1.8.9 but this is survival gathering resources and building is the main thing. Just imagine how much more stuff newer versions would give us

11. BtwImQuestion

BtwImQuestion
    As all has been answered I’m going to lock the thread.
    Thread Locked

Muel, B_Man05 and Deleted member 145 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.