Swearing Must Be Allowed

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by KRYGT, Feb 6, 2020.

1. KRYGT

Swearing must be allowed on prison. You can get tp killed, scammed, plot killed etc. they allowed but when you react to who kills you and swear you get punishment. It's ridicilous.

You guys pushing people to scam and tp kill players, legit players are damned on prison.

Abar likes this.
  2. Vervain

Vervain
    Hello!
    Even though not suggested, swearing is allowed but you just have to keep it at a Minimum, for example, you can get muted for Excessive Inappropriate language having 3 or more cuss words in a sentence, and there's also disrespect, if you're intentionally saying disrespectful things towards another player this would also cause a mute. To not get muted next time I suggest being careful what you say in public chat and also check out the rules here for more information.

3. KRYGT

Thanks Vervain!
    I did say intentionally and I have no regrets. I'm so damn chill rn. After tp kill he provoked me. I will eat some corn flakes rn until my mute finish.
    and I will think about it, maybe after my mute removal I may swear to him again. Intentionally.

4. Abar

Abar
    This essentially covers it all. Vervain makes a great point that yes there are many words that you are ALLOWED to say- just not excessively. If you want to know what you can and cannot say just type /blacklistcheck (word) and it'll tell you what you need to know. In addition, they just changed some of the rules regarding swearing in /f c (factions chat). It basically makes Severity 1 and 2 Chat offenses no longer punishable so if this happened to you in factions you have more freedom to say some things in there as opposed to the main chat. Hope this helped out and have a wonderful rest of your night. P.S. Enjoy those corn flakes :)

#4 Abar, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  5. AttackOZach

AttackOZach
    swearing shouldn't be allowed as younger people play on the server, and you shouldn't need to swear at people tp killing, trapping, etc. the simple solution to this is just not teleporting to players/ plots that you do not know.

- Zach

6. OstrichMann

OstrichMann
    I personally believe the current rules around swearing are great. I've never seen the appeal of having to cuss someone out because you got scammed or killed in pvp by them. I don't understand how being 'allowed' to cuss someone out makes the server better. I personally feel that seeing that kind of behavior in chat gives a sour taste to new players and even current players about the toxicity of the server.

Ironically, I've noticed that actually responding to toxicity with kindness can give the desired result as responding back with more toxicity. Some people try to incite this toxicity and responding with kindness actually makes them angrier because all they are trying to do is get a rise out of you.

7. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

As said above, swearing is allowed with a few exceptions. You are allowed to say "That was <swear> dumb" or "This is <swear> cool"
    However, you may NOT direct swear words to a user. (A username is not required, saying "<swear> you" is enough for a mute)
    You may not say a blacklisted word, you can check by doing /blacklistcheck <word> (These are inappropriate / abusive words)

If you want to release anger, you can swear just follow the simple guideline:
    1. Do not direct it at a player
    2. Do not say a blacklisted word

mxbel, OwenCW, iSloth and 1 other person like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.