Death By Bed

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by W5vil, Feb 4, 2020.

?

Should people be able to be killed in the plot world by beds?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W5vil

W5vil
    Hey people of MCC!
    Upon request of Alex, I have decided to make a poll about the subject of dying to beds on people's plots.
    Please cast your vote so this final verdict can be decided.
    Have a great day!
    -W5vil

xUntidy, Incarnati0n_ and PorkChcp like this.
  2. AlexMarkey

Looking forward to feedback :)

xUntidy and Incarnati0n_ like this.
  3. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    I am a bit out of the loop, could someone explain how the death by bed works?

Thanks, Olli

4. Someone

Somxone
    People should just be more careful, put things in an enderchest or normal chest before tping to a random person's plot.

5. Chirashi

obviously yes it's prison scamming is a thing it brings a new scam into the game I don't scam personally I still think it adds more risk to prisons which I believe is great

Vervain likes this.
  6. Someone

Somxone
    The bed in the biome 'hell' (done by changing the plot's biome) would act as if it was a bed in the nether, meaning it would explode.

Incarnati0n_ likes this.
  7. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    When setting your /p biome to the Nether, trying to sleep in a bed causes it to explode. This instantly kills a player without/with little armor upon explosion impact.

Incarnati0n_ likes this.
  8. OstrichMann

OstrichMann
    I think this falls into the category of scams where the player doesn't have complete control whether they 'fall' for it. Granted players could just not ever go to other people's plots, but that removes some of the fun of the server. Shop scams and such are different because they require user interaction to actually get scammed. You don't have control over whether you know a player will kill you with a bed. You can definitely find out but by that point, it may be too late.
    Don't get me wrong I think scamming should be 100% allowed (as it is) but there are a select few scams that I think are over the top and completely unfair.

Xermes, Kane, PorkChcp and 3 others like this.
  9. puposaurus

puposaurus
    YUM. i really dont see it as a problem because who uses beds in prison?

Xermes and PorkChcp like this.
  10. AlexMarkey

I think this really sums up my opinion on it aswell

11. Ace_Of_Spadezzz

Yea let us die when we want to, also let the rename tags be allowed on items like sticks and stuff instead of armour and swords only

12. guih

guihzy
    I don’t see this as a big issue atm. Not a lot of people have heard that beds explode in nether biomes hence not a lot of people use the “exploit” as a way to scam. Since this is not a gameplay-breaking issue I believe that it should be kept as it is right now. I also believe that it should be kept as it is right now because not everyone sets their plot biomes as nether. People usually set it as random (or just use the random one generated when you create the plot). I see this thread as a way to spread awareness of a possible new scam coming soon (I personally had never seen a person being scammed in that way). Sorry for the messy reply. I mixed adding arguments with solutions etc.

GLOCKPRINCESS likes this.
  13. OstrichMann

OstrichMann
    I disagree. This season the Nether Bed scam has been super rampant. I do agree that the previous season didn't have an issue with it. I believe I only saw one person do it, but this season I've already seen over a handful of people using this scam on others.

Someone likes this.
  14. ssophiie

ssophiie
    I don't see it as the biggest issue in the world however it would be a nice thing to change just to make the game easier for some people.

I don't see what people gain by having an exploding bed so I don't see the harm in removing that to just allow players to not die to it. In the long run, I wouldn't say its a priority to fix but if its an easy problem to solve then it would just make things easier without really impacting the game to a point where it upsets players due to the change. I cant see anything wrong with it other then stopping annoying scams which is a positive! Better to stop it now before it becomes a wide-spread scam that more people begin to use...

15. Yefhfcjghbnn

Greguhlicious
    Unpopular opinion:
    I think that the risk that comes with exploding beds adds more excitement and danger with traveling between plots. Over the past few prison seasons, scamming hasn't changed much and was mostly fall traps or hidden sign shops. Beds give more risk to donors with /fly and makes scamming more interesting. However, I can also see how other players would be annoyed by this scam being uncontrollable. I wouldn't be too upset if this feature gets removed.

16. Vunrable

Vunrable
    I like the point of scamming but it comes to a stage that being able to INSTANTLY kill someone on a plot no matter what armour they are wearing is very extreme. This is going to slowly turn people off the idea of even visiting other peoples plots, making them redundant apart from storage. I like building big builds and stuff and having people check them out but if you can't trust ANYONE because of the chance that you lose absolutely everything instantly it really really sucks. -10000 for bed deaths

17. Vunrable

Vunrable
    Almost the same as my reasoning. It really sucks

18. axrie_

I for one totally agree with everything you wrote. I hadn't even heard of this scam until it happened to me today. It doesn't take any skill manipulation to without warning instant kill the opposing player. Scamming should not have a 100% success rate, but as of right now you can get multi kills by clicking a bed. I think beds should be allowed in scamming but there first needs to be a very hefty nerf.

19. Josh

I think that it should be removed because this instantly kills the player. I accepted a rookie's teleport request thinking that i could just fly or go back to my plot if it was a death trap, but instead i died within a second and lost my stuff.

20. AlexMarkey

Thank you for the feedback everyone.
    We will be disabling this method of scamming with the next daily reboot.

Thread locked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.