Advertising

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DressCodes, Feb 5, 2020.

1. DressCodes

DressCodes
    I've noticed a lot on this server that people love to advertise their twitch. They'll join a lobby, send out a advertisement twice and move onto to the next lobby. It gets to be very annoying. It's also not even punishable because they'll send it only 2 times! I think advertisment of anything should be punishable, as it gets to be annoying

Abar likes this.
  2. Bequty_

Bequty_
    If the stream is taking place on Mccentral then there should be no reason to punish for this. As long as the link relates to the server it is allowed. In my opinion, advertising it twice doesn't take up that much space so it doesn't bother me but if its bothering you, you can always /ignore them.

3. DressCodes

DressCodes
    I don't believe /ignore works on minigames. I know it's not punishable, but i am saying it should be. Any type of advertisment should be, because it's annoying

4. Abar

Abar
    /ignore indeed doesn't work on minigames, that is definitely something that should exist though for sure. When it comes to them being punished though, unless it's flooding chat or excessive advertising of their stream there's no real need to punish them for it. If creators want to get their Twitch content out there who am I to say that they can't help themselves grow?

Vervain likes this.
  5. Vervain

Vervain
    Hello! I think that it's okay as long as they're streaming Mcc related content. However, if they're putting their stream in chat that isn't mcc related, chatreport them for unrelated links as this would be punishable! Overall someone advertising a mcc related stream isn't punishable and it probably won't be punishable anytime in the future, also it wouldn't be fair to players to ban any type of mcc stream from being advertised in my opinion.

Abar likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.