Island team size suggestion

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by wphantomw, Jan 30, 2020.

1. wphantomw

We all know the massive team sizes will dominate the leaderboard. It seems guaranteed to be so.

i would love to see benefits of having a small team, or being solo and disadvantages to having a big team.

Maybe also have a negative buff for a while after kicking or being kicked from an island.

eg, Solo island for 1 months - +25% exp, token drop, tick rate etc etc..
    And maybe a seperate leader board, Solo, Duo, Squad (4), guild (4+)

then maybe some benefits and dis adv for each..

Ramblings from an old (43) Solo mostly player

WphantomW

2. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    Teamwork needs to be rewarded, so adding bonuses to solo islands can be both unfair and possibly abused in a sense by having a team run all solo islands for maximum bonuses, also complicates things kind of.
    There should be guarantees for island members and leaders as well for a good team to be viable, in the end you can't win a season solo, that happened in season 1 or 2 to be honest.

3. wphantomw

So Skyblock should force you to have a team? Thats dumb.
    This is where seperate leaderboards could be good.

4. Vunrable

Vunrable
    I am on a big team on /is top 3 and I even agree with this. I think it would make the game more interesting and add a bit more challenge for solo and teams. The solo players would find it a challenge to get on the leaderboards but still be left with a chance whilst the larger groups would find it harder to stay on top. +1 :D

5. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    Skyblock doesn't force you to have a team, it shouldn't allow you to win a season being a solo either. You can have all the fun you want being a solo but is top shouldn't be possible imo

Also, alternate leaderboards kind of exist already as of in /statstop. Nobody cares for them anyway, all that matters is /is top

6. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi!
    Teamwork is an important thing and must be rewarded with praise and being on top. If you chose to be on an island alone then that is your choice no-one can differ it but if u would like to join someone ask in discord on the forums or Ingame chat and you could be recruited instantly instead of demanding for different leaderboards. Also this would mean that the island are divided and not as one community working for the top island but separate communities working towards didn’t places on different leaderboards.

HH_Captain

7. wphantomw

Is it really that hard to code in a command /is top solo/duo it would be nice for solo players t be rewarded. Thats what I am mainly asking for.
    Just as top island ate displayed at spawn. Hard wprkng solo's should be given some kind of recognition. Isit really that bad of an idea Captain?
    Some of us dont spend 24/7 on the game so having a team isn't helpful as we would be kicked pretty quickly if we havea few days off, then we lose all our progress. Why crap on someones idea with " you choose to be solo." suck it up mentality.
    I really dont thinkit would be hard to implement.

8. Vunrable

Vunrable
    People could also sort of cheat that and have a second island whilst the team is on another :/

9. Tiny_kittykat

ToastGhostTea
    I Like the idea of adding an is top solo, But what happens to the people who had there friend/s on an island, and the friend/s leave, leaving the solo island with 150 Skelly spawners? Wouldnt that be an unfair advantage to the solo islanders then? and would it be unfair to take the other person off the solo board since they had a team?

My point is, If there is a solo leader board, what would be the cutoff/rules for it? how can it be setup where its fair for people who have lost there island members but have been left with lots of stuff.

10. wphantomw

Yeah that would be hard to police. Maybe you would have to be Solo from day one and never have added any team members

Tiny_kittykat likes this.
  11. ssophiie

ssophiie
    i like the idea for a solo leaderboard but you could then argue a team of 2 still does worse then a team of 10 and you can’t have that many leaderboards... however i know solo players that have easily kept up with people on top leaderboards. it also is fair in a way of teams have to split the money gained by spawners between them, putting them at a disadvantage to solos who get everything for themselves. the only disadvantage is farming but giving perks to solos would allow alts to just bypass this and big players can use it. it’s difficult but there’s nothing you can really change to help solos other then suggest to them to team up or grind more if they wanna be solo

12. IrlDealLover69

IrlDealLover69
    Hey,
    i don't really think the addition of drops / exp / advantages for solos should be a thing due to most people using alt islands to be able to hold more spawners, most of the big teams at the moment have more than 1 alt island, having that boosted would be a bit of an issue imo.

with the separate leaderboards, i think that would be a bit of an issue, if we have more than 1 leaderboard i think people that have 2, 3, 4, etc people would also start complaining for their own leaderboards, so i don't really think that would happen.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.