My Ideas for SB 10.0!

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by iFootball, Jan 23, 2020.

1. iFootball

**I Highly Encourage People to Leave Thier Opinions in the Comments Below this Thread!!**

Today officially marks two months of SB 9.0! With 4 months give or take left to go in the season, there is still plenty of time for things to be drafted and created for SB 10.0. I am doing this now so that the devs and staff team have adequate time to look over this and implement what they see fit. I know the SkyBlock that we all know and love is great, but variation between seasons is a good thing and change can add a lot to MCC SkyBlock. Now, I consider myself a well familiarized Minecraft and SkyBlock player, however, I have much to learn and your opinions can add much value to this thread. These are opinions are my own, and I would love to debate them with you. Bear with me, this could be potentially long, but there is a good reason behind it: an awesome SB 10.0

**In this Thread, I will be Comparing MCC to Other SB Servers (UNNAMED)**
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Begin: the Sheer Lack of Custom Enchants

Compared to other SB Servers, MCC has the least amount of CE's by far. CE's add a great unique aspect to the game that allows money to be made outside of just the META. Take, for example, token luck. It allows you to harvest more tokens and eventually sell them for profit if you choose so. If I were without it, I would no longer farm cocoa beans, melons, or anything else. It's simply not worth my time at that point. I would just stick to my skeleton spawners, and believe me, no one wants to just AFK their skeletons. On top of adding a unique way to make money, they just make life easier. I think to myself all the time, "if I just had a CE for this..." And this is no knock to the dev team. I realize that adding these things take time and it doesn't happen overnight.

Anyways, here are some suggestions:

Telekinesis - Making it so anything mined go straight into your inventory, similar to /warp generators.

Harvester - Makes it so you can set your harvesting radius. For example, I want to mine 2 rows of melons simultaneously.

Tunneler - Mines a 3 x 3 tunnel (applicable to pic axes) Explosive pics and axes should not be a key reward.

More PvP related CE's. It would help draw people to PvP because it seems to be lacking lately. I am not an expert on PvP so I will leave it to others.

Smelter - Automatically smelts ore that is mined and puts it in inventory.

Stuffed - No more hunger loss for players that don't have /feed or /god.

Obsidian Breaker - Breaks obsidian as fast as stone.

Frost - Ability to walk on water.

Haste - The ability to mine faster (with levels for upgradeability)

A new form of grinder - has a chance to kill 2 mobs instead of one while stack killing.

Point luck - Has a chance to award more points.

These are just some of my Ideas Id love to see some o View attachment 1059

Here is an example from another server. This is only the rare section They have 3 other rarities with 44 CE's in total. That is another thing, MCC should add more levels to their CE's to make end game more fun and the ability to strive for something.
    2020-01-22_21.18.07 (2).png

Community Events/Store

Sales are a great thing, not to discredit them one bit. Perhaps instead of running sales every month, the server could temporarily boost drop rates from spawners, token rates, and point rates. Similar to Call of Duty with double XP weekends and such. These would be a great thing to run during the later months of the season because the key purchases have slowed down. There is usually a sale every month for factions reset so it could be swapped with this from time to time to keep things fresh. These would not affect the economy anymore because sales have the same inflation aspect because of the influx of items and money.

Buffs

These are in prison, why can they not be adapted to SkyBlock? These would provide an EXCELLENT alternative to keys. Personally, I would put my money into buffs as opposed RNG and keys where nothing is guaranteed. This would broaden the consumer's options and ultimately lead to more sales. Buffs simply boost one stat or drop % like bones drop % from a skeleton spawner for a certain period of time.

Ranks
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, ranks are weak on this server. I will provide one example of a $130 rank on another server (similar to immortal) with a similar size and amount of players.
    Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 11.02.21 PM.png
    Not only does the rank above come with a Chunk Loader, it includes perks that one would have to pay for on this server via keys like /block. Clearly, there is a large gap between the two in value. But that is neither here nor there. This can be fixed at any point and is not specific to SB 10.0.

Things to add to ranks:

-/smelt GUI for on the go smelter
    -/anvil GUI for on the go repairs and combining
    -/the ability for immortals to create Redstone clocks on their island
    I understand the reason they were disabled but they should be enabled for people who donated $110 to the server. They are insanely useful and you can make fun farms with them.
    -/pv's
    An Ender Chest is not enough. I consistently have my PV filled and could use extra storage. Not to mention, 2 Pv's is not enough for a legendary reward from a $3 crate key.
    - This is not necessary but a Nickname in chat could be fun.
    - /toggle fly speed and walk speed
    -/vanish as far as msgs and online status goes (still visible to mods of course)
    When im afking I want people to know I'm not online

Chunk Loader------------
    The thing simply needs to work at 100% of a player loaded chunk. It's currently under 35% efficiency of a normal player. For a myth key reward and something that now costs over 20 million IGM, it needs to work. It acts as an alt. I have time zone constraints so I get disconnected overnight so I cant even AFK overnight if I want to. I bought the Chunk Loader thinking it will fix all of my problems, only to have it produce as much if I were sitting there for 2 hours. They are extremely weak right now and I'd like to see them buffed a bit come next season.

Gameplay

In this section, I will talk about changes to the overall economy and the money-making side of things.

First and foremost -- Banknotes need to removed from the /ah. There is literally no feasible way for that to be good thing unless its a giveaway which can be done via a drop party. This isn't prison, scams aren't supposed to be a part of the game.

Secondly, I suggested this be added a season ago. A /sold page to the auction house. It will allow prices to be negotiated easier and allow new players to grasp the economy a lot quicker for items like harvest hoes.

Also, harvest axes should be added, where if you mine something with an axe it replants it. Like cocoa beans.

Spawners
    Currently, its skeleton or slime. Those are the only way to make viable money and for me, It's just a lot of AFK. I love that spawners produce passive income but perhaps I would like to find other ways to make money. Perhaps upgrading crops so they sell for more as a type of progression. This will allow even top tier players to enjoy the variation of farming while earning tokens and points at the same time. As it sits, I have no use for farming on my island anymore.

Tokens and Points
    Honestly, I think that these are perfect. Points and tokens are earned at a perfect rate and they prevent the economy from blowing up way too fast. I have nothing to suggest with these. Bravo on making them.

THE END----------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for bearing with me for this long if you have taken the time to read this. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS. Its the community opinions that matter because we are playing the game and devs won't know how we feel unless we tell them. I've loved SB 9.0 so far but that doesn't mean that 10.0 cant be better. Variation is a good thing. I would love for things to be mixed up! New CE's, gameplay changes, a new UI, new spawn, themed starting islands, anything! I appreciate whoever is taking the time to read this, and you can message me on discord if you want to discuss anything. sbeck20#1954

EDIT
    Also can the SkyBlock Version please be updated. I want new blocks to build with. I was often constrained when building my warp. Also, restone is horrible on earlier versions. Its also easily manipulated on early versions and that's probably why it is the way it is but still.

#1 iFootball, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  2. HH_Captain

publicy
    Woah!

I see you want a lot to change and I just want to say that I agree with all that you are saying and I also previously said that I would like more custom enchants in the game and I also feel for our rank we don’t get enough perks and abilities.
    I like the new ideas for the custom enchants and think there should be more pvp ce’s as not many people play sb pvp anymore.
    I understand that when compared to other servers McCentral seems worse but in those servers the economy must either be corrupt or very odd and out of balance making it a pay to win for the donators and the staff have tried to make a fair society meaning you don’t get overpowered perks from being a donator. In that other server, the place must work a different way there is presumably the smallest amount of grinding and people just making money instantly bringing no fun to the game. Whereas in McCentral there is a lot of grinding and I do want there to be mor grinding for things such as new custom enchants but then it would make sb very complex to understand.
    To say it again I agree to some extent with you and like the new ideas for custom enchants but the rank perks seem too op and would make sb not a grinding subserver anymore.

HH_Captain

3. IrlDealLover69

IrlDealLover69
    Hey,

I do like what you said with quite a few of these suggestions, heres what i think.

Custom enchants -
    -Telekinesis, I do think this would be nice to have while farming, it's annoying how many melons you miss out on when you farm them.
    -Harvester, I think this enchant would be a little on the op side, i don't really think it would suite mcc skyblock.
    -Tunneler, The explosive pick makes a 3x3 hole if you mine the middle block, most of the time it just mines a 2x3 because you can't really hit the middle block, i think it would be too similar to have as another item.
    -More pvp related enchants, I don't really think there should be that many more enchants for pvp, not many people pvp on skyblock these days.
    -Smelter, I do like this, it saves a decent amount of time waiting for ores to smelt, also isn't really op due to smelting costs not being very high.
    -Stuffed, I do like this but i think it would remove the whole purpose of needing a rank for it.
    -Obsidian breaker, This seems nice if you need bedrock for something, but if you accidentally made obsidian with lava and water, just right click the obsidian with the bucket and it will turn back into lava.
    -Frost, I don't really like this, it seems a little op and wouldn't really be used much other than walking on grinders / walking on water in pvp.
    -Haste, I do like this, would be nice to not need to have 10 beacons around my island to mine faster, but would kinda ruin pvp unless it doesn't work while holding a weapon.
    -A new form of grinder, I don't really like this due to manually killing mobs already gives a pretty large amount of money, it also got nerfed due to it being a very easy / afkable way to make money, people could also use autoclicker and would be a pain.
    -Point luck, i do like this, i was thinking about something like this, for our island points are getting a little pricey, it costed around 3.5k points for 300 spawner limit, would save a lot of time for the people who can't play much and make life easier for people who play a lot.
    -I do think they should add some other sort of enchant system aswell, Like adding different rarities of them, for example, common, uncommon, rare. etc.
    -Also have some custom enchants based from XP, not just tokens, mix it up a bit.
    ---------------
    Community events / store -
    -I do like the ideas of having boosts to drop rates etc.
    -I don't think they should be swapped with sales though.
    -Maybe have a random date every few weeks that chooses a random boost. Would be pretty cool and make people grind more.
    -Sales, the prices don't really change, people just pay more per usd because it's less amount of money, for example, 500 per usd for 1 myth key without a sale would be 2.5mill, someone would pay around 800k per usd for it, equals to pretty much the same.
    ------------------
    Buffs -
    - i do think there should buffs, like a sell boost, xp boost, discounts, etc.
    - i would def do irl deals for them if they were added.
    ----------------
    Ranks -
    - I 100% agree, there needs to be some new ranks, theres only been like 1 - 2 new ranks in the last few years.
    - I don't think they should come with perks / items from myth keys though, that removes the purpose of using keys / having perks.
    - I also don't think there should be VIP drops / spawner shops, it makes it more p2w and make it harder for people with no ranks / lower ranks to compete.
    - I would like to see mcmmo though, having something else to compete in to get top would be nice.
    - /smelt, seems nice, saves that 8 cobble out of ur kit :O i don't really think it would work unless you could fit multiple in or like a /chest you put everything in it and like 1h later it all turns into the smelted version.
    - /anvil, Seems pretty good, not really op, just saves time going to spawn each time / making one to combine stuff.
    - Redstone clocks, i don't like that, redstone clocks got removed due to a lot of people making redstone related stuff and lagging out the server, you can still make some clocks with repeaters though.
    -player vaults, i don't think they should come in ranks due to them being a perk, maybe have them stackable so if you get a duplicate you can add +2 and have a max at 5 or something like that. if they were in ranks it would remove the point of them being a perk.
    -Nicknames, seems fun, would like to see they added.
    -toggle speeds, This could work, maybe have access to speed 5 max, would have to be disabled in pvp zones though.
    - /vanish, i don't think this would work out, half the server would be appearing offline so people don't know if they're online or not. i would say a /togglemsg command would be better if you don't want to be messaged.
    ---------------
    Chunk loader -
    I do get what you're saying but i don't really see a difference other than some of my chunk loaders not working, when i afk with an alt or without i still get the same income per hour.
    --------------
    Gameplay -
    - banknotes, i do think these should be removed off /ah, it's a pain seeing all these banknotes in ah with people trying to scam people not reading them properly.
    - a /sold page in ah would be nice, to see what people buy for and what people don't, would help with people over pricing things a lot, like sellwands.
    - Harvest axes, i don't really think this would work, if you were farming cocoa you would have to farm it looking at the wall and only be able to farm 1 at a time instead of just running and looking up and farming them all, wouldn't really effect melons either since they automatically grow after some time.
    ------------
    spawners -
    - all the 600k spawners don't make the most money, they're only the top due to them saving sellwand uses, spawner slots and points.
    - I do think there should be another way of making money other than afking spawners. right now all our island does is jump on chests, farm for points and just stuff around, there's nothing to do anymore really.
    -----------------
    tokens and points -
    - i think tokens are fine how they are now, but points are a bit eh, they're the biggest pain to farm for, you need to spend hours a day to get a few hundred, our island upgraded our spawner limit by 300 the other day and it costed around 3.5k points, that's a bit overkill.
    - for people who can't play much it basically makes it so they can't play at all unless they spend a tone of hours farming for points, i've seen many people quit at the start of the season because they can't play much anymore and they get bottle necked the first week of playing due to points.

If anyone else has any ideas / suggestions Dm me on discord, IrlDealLover69#3922

Chilo_ likes this.
  4. iFootball

I appreciate you taking the time to read over this and provide your suggestions and comment on mine. You're by far the most successful on SB 1 right now and you give some great insight! Now that I read over some of my ranks perks I do see that some of them can be a bit OP. I mostly want to see upgradeable levels on CE's to make things a bit easier toward the end game. And like you said, its about competition. If you look around and most of the top Islands, they are all doing mostly the same things. It's repetitive and I think it could use some change. Thank you for replying though!

Chilo_ likes this.
  5. iFootball

You offer some great points here! My point of view here is that for $110 rank, it appears to be a bit weak. I still bought it just because I want to support the server and it does offer some great perks. But perhaps like irldeallover said, they could add more ranks beyond immortal or in the gaps between ranks. Regardless, thank you for taking the time to read the thread!

Chilo_ likes this.
  6. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    We need a more diverse economy, we also need different drop rates on tokens and points, you can't have similar crops giving you top points and top tokens, there has to be a balance.
    For example, you wanna farm tokens? Farm x crop, which isn't good for points, and vice versa.

As for custom enchants/mcmmo, I'm not rly a fan, it seems pretty balanced as is, maybe add a few more do give some spice to it.

Also fix chunk loaders please, they are unreliable at the moment.

A good idea would be bringing boosters back, in the old times it gave life to the server as everyone logged in to farm grind etc.

Try to diversify the economy, don't force people to go on a certain meta each season, make each spawner have it's advantages and disadvantages, and try to weigh them in such a way that it's actually worth for someone going another way.

Bring back cactus farms: Many people can't p2w, and at the current state the game is all about who will open most keys at the start while farming like mad to win. Making cactus farms relevant again will make people build them, a good tradeoff between p2w and hard work.

Cheers

unspecifieduser and Chilo_ like this.
  7. unspecifieduser

I agree with Fasilisnt bring the cactus farm back

8. Cleaningpig463

cleaningpig463
    I like the idea with the new ce's but the isn't much of a point of stuffed because the ranks that already have /feed. So personally having stuffed as a new ce wouldn't be as useful. In my opinion it is fair that certain ranks have /feed and the rest don't.

9. NoodleLorax

VarChar256
    I think MCC should add a new rank.

10. TrivagoHotel

trivagohotel
    I, along with many others, dislike the thought of adding tons of custom enchants. The main reason I play MCCentral is actually because of how they manage to keep the core gameplay of skyblock and minecraft, as it's supposed to be. I feel other servers have ruined the whole point of skyblock and turned it into "op skyblock" where everything is basically handed to you. I love the simplicity of MCC skyblock and I think very minimal changes should be made, as they currently do. MCC Skyblock has stayed consistent for years and every time I log on it is constantly fun to grind for an improved island and to interact with the community. Thanks for reading my thoughts :)

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.