What is with the Luigi coming soon server in the hub

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThorKingOfAsgard, Jan 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    I been seeing the Mario character Luigi in the MCCentral lobby. I do no what it is going to be as but I might have an idea. I think it might be Mario minigames which will be really awesome to have on Mccentral. Some ideas for the possible Mario sub server. The first idea can be Mario Kart race car races because that was fun when I played it when I was a kid. The second idea can be super Mario bros minigame because I played that when I was young. The final idea can be Luigi's mansion I never played this one but I watched people play this. I hope the coming soon is going to be Mario minigames. Have a good day or night.
    upload_2020-1-3_9-20-0.png

2. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    That sounds awesome! But then again it could just be an NPC that has nothing to do with the game.

3. ChimozuFu

ChimozuFu
    Whatever it is, its been coming soon for about 3 years now. So I hope its good

4. Abar

Abar
    As you said, if it were to be related to the future game mode something like Super Craft Bros would be absolutely sick to have on the server. I always remember playing that back with the boys in 2014 and had the time of my life. However, if you look in the hub not all minigames necessarily match up with what it really is. I'd love to see if anyone else has some cool or interesting theories regarding the future minigame.
    [​IMG]

5. Josh

There has been no information on the Luigi NPC in the lobby, so only the owners know what it will be.

puposaurus likes this.
  6. Pizzicato_

Pizzicato_
    Yes it's been there for ages, teasing us. Occasionally I've seen an egg in the hand so it might be spleg. The server did use to have this in the now removed arcade section (until July 2018), so I assume Markey has the worlds saved, making it easier to rotate this back into the current selection of minigames already on offer.

Just a theory.

7. Versallies

Versallies Guest

really helpful brother, you should apply for staff.

to answer the OP, that NPC has been there for >12 months (since the new lobby was implemented basically) and I highly doubt we will see any game mode additions in the future. Put simply, it's there as a placeholder.

8. shutupitsliam

shutupitsliam
    I don't actually think it's a new gamemode revolving around Mario in any way, it will be a new gamemode/subserver eventually but that's just a random skin the NPC has as it's been in all the lobbies for yonks.

9. CryingShame

Seth9367
    Yeah I agree it could just be a placeholder skin. You never know though.

10. xSquid3997

qSquidMS10
    prob just an npc that they chose and didnt really think abt it but no hate towards them! my favorite server!

11. Elizabethhozx

Elizabethhozx
    To be entirely honest, I think it's quite uncharacteristic of Alex Markey and the Admin Team to put a Luigi character and a "Coming Soon" if it was just an accidental NPC. I do sincerely hope that it's a teaser for something new that's coming to the server. I've always believed that if Alex and the Admin Team invested more time and resources into implementing new features to the server (rather than simply resetting Skyblock and Factions) there's still a solid MCC base that will keep MCC thriving. Skywars, CTF and Survival Games' continued popularity is a great testament to the fact that MCC minigames aren't completely dead. So, knowing the current trajectory of MCC (just making money out of those subserver resets), I wouldn't get my hopes too high, but there's a lot of untapped potential in MCC's minigames and maybe Alex is finally doing something substantial about that.

-Liz

ItsDavld likes this.
  12. seretinsky

eyerolls
    I’m not sure why another mini game would be added. A couple of the ones we already have don’t have any players in.

Matthew3v2 likes this.
  13. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi!

I thought along the same lines as you and I agree with you that it could have something to do with mario but maybe not so deeply. I think it might be some kind of racing game, and therefore has a mario skin in front of it to represent something that many people know as a racing game. I also grew up around the wii and around mario kart and mario bros so I think it would be amazing if they added this subserver or Minigame to MCCentral and I am sure it would become popular as it would be the first of its kind. I do hope it turns out to be something exciting and related to mario kart.

HH_Captain

ThorKingOfAsgard likes this.
  14. Timppali

Timppali
    I hate to disappoint you all but it's unfortunately a placeholder. xD It has been there since Arcade was removed, and especially in the new Lobby symmetry is important. So that's why there is an extra NPC. But this doesn't mean that there won't be new content in the future! I think that the skin is Luigi due to the fact that it was made to be "Coming Soon" after Arcade was removed. Arcade had some Mario heads in the Arcade building. :)

- Thread Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.