3 Prison Servers?

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by 4151, Jan 6, 2020.

?

Should there be a 3rd Prison server

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 4151

I was wondering if there should be a 3rd server for prison because based on my experience Prison 1 is very crowded and sometimes gets really laggy so maybe a 3rd prison could be a good idea?
    Thanks!
    -FireyGast

2. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    Yo for the reason of lag nah alex needs to fix that he neglects prisons and only focuses on factions. I think there should be 2 realms but differnt then they are now. One realm should ahve spawners and one should be without spawners. Simple OG prisons from season 1 and 2 and the new era of prisons from 3+ where spawners were introduced.

Or 3 realms realm 1: OG prisons no spawners just mining no custom enchants. Realm 2: Spawners but you have to kill mobs from money as it was in season 3. Realm 3: Season 4 of prisons where there spawners that you afk for money. All of the servers would have gangs. But OG prisons would have the OG pvp arena, not open warzone.

3. puposaurus

puposaurus
    heyo heyo! i'm big -1 on this idea. both actually. prison2 gets p dead by itself and having a third wouldn't suddenly make it active or anything. AS well as, back ago when skyblock had 3 realms, yes, players played all 3 realms, but the 3rd was always inactive and it was kinda boring and hard to play if you had to do and make everything yourself or from warp shops and not trade n' interact with other players.
    as for straf's idea- i'm -1 on this as well since prison has been one of the most consistent subservers when it comes to resets with major changes, yes, but not to where it can completely change the composition of prison environment, maybe apart from spawners. having one revert back to it's old days back in season 1 and 2 and then carrying on with spawners would split the player base, and in my opinion, begin to kinda make both inactive. since back in season 2 n' such i remember a lot of people leaving since they had just gotten bored of it and in season 3-6 players complaing about spawners. I really think with tokens in this season, it began to level out mining and spawners and with kiren's mega post about ideas n' predictions for season7, i think it fairly evens out mining and spawners, and ofc there will be osme flaws or things players will not like, but I think development throughout the season and forward onto other seasons can fully help improve this thing with spawners n' mining.

overall, -1 // spawners aint getting removed get over it. <3

have a great day!

4. Blueknight9098

No, I don't think a third prison server would be needed, because most people already go on the 1st one and the second is basically almost dead so a 3rd one would make no sense.

5. Elizabethhozx

Elizabethhozx
    Hey,

Just my thoughts as an ex-staff member: I used to dread doing my minutes on Skyblock 3, because it was practically dead. There would be like a maximum of three unique and active players, everyone else was using AFK machines, and there was like a grand total of 12 people on the server. If something similar were to be implemented on Prison, I can likely foresee that a similar situation will unfold. Crucially, MCC just doesn't have enough players to sustain three realms, and the third realm will be unused and wasted very quickly. Tbh, Prison 1 getting too crowded shouldn't be considered an issue; it shows that there are a lot of unique and active players on Prison who make playing prison fun and vibrant with the myriad of people one meets online. So, I wouldn't want a third realm at all.

-Liz

6. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey, FireGast I am totally disagreeing with you for many reasons. The first reason as others mentioned that the second prison server does not have as many players as prisons one. I completely understand that there is a plethora of players playing in prison one. I have gone on the second prison server there is fewer players than prisons one. The only reason that we will need a third prison server is if we have a ton of players on both prisons one and two. However, I do not see that happen any time soon; it might happen in the future but we are not really sure about that. I usually go to prison one because it is more popular than prison two. I also play on sky block server one and you can not see any rookies in the tab menu of list of players; you can only see donator players. At least you can actually see some rookie players on the player list tab. Overall I am -1 for a third prison server; because we do not need one. Have a good day or night.

7. IrlDealLover69

IrlDealLover69
    Hey,
    i personally don't think there should be a prison 3 due to the amount of players combined on prison 1 and 2, Prison 1 has the majority of players most of the time, prison 2 also usually dies off pretty fast compared to 1, imo having a prison 3 would just be a more dead version of 2.

same thing used to be on skyblock, used to have 3 realms, 1 used to be most popular, most competitive, 2 used to be somewhat popular, then 3 wouldn't be really popular.

8. OstrichMann

OstrichMann
    When lag comes into the equation a lot of peoples first thoughts are splitting the player base across more servers. While this is generally a completely valid suggestion and is used in a number of real-world situations, it isn't always the right direction to go. I think the biggest thing that should be focused on first is the optimization of the server. I've personally identified a number of things that could be optimized and that could be contributing to the cause of the overall lag. I think if some time was spent into specifically optimizing the server and the plugins within, the server would be less laggy overall. All of that being said I definitely think the addition of another server could be warranted once there is a more stable server structure, a more stable reset schedule and if the server grows in population from these changes. I just don't think it's the right direction currently.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.