Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our KitPvP server, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

what are some early money making techniques?

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by xceing, Dec 27, 2019.

1. xceing

hello there,

I've just joined the skyblock server and I am struggling to make some buck.
    We have tried profit shop's, farming, even trying to make AFK-able farm.
    You see we are trying to make money for spawners so we have a consistent source of income.
    My islandmember and I would be grateful If we get at least one respond.

2. iluvu

I'm not an SB player but from my second hand knowledge you should construct a large melon farm and try to acquire a harvester axe (outside of spawner income). Hope this helps!

Saboru_ and FarisNyanNyan like this.
  3. W5vil

W5vil
    To make lots of money at the start, just grind. The best thing right now to grind is melons, just spend hours grinding them and getting money. It's about 9k per inv I think, and you do get a good amount of tokens. So after a few hours, you will have enough money to get a spawner. Although I would not get a spawner, I would try and get a beacon first. Upgrade it to get haste 2 so when you are mining melons they insta break with an eff 5 axe.
    Hope this helps!
    -W5vil

4. Vervain

Vervain
    Yes just focus on melons for money, and if you need tokens use cocoa beans, if you were to get a spawner i'd recommend cave spider because you can just grind those by yourself and sell the string and spider eyes, and use /is upgrades to upgrade the mob drop rate but only once you get everything needed to make an efficient money making melon farm. (axe, armor etc) if you play skyblock 1 and see me online feel free to msg me (Vervain) if you need help on anything else and I also hoped this helped. (Ps you're welcomed to look at my melon farm just to get an idea if you want)​

FarisNyanNyan likes this.
  5. Saboru_

Saboru_
  6. Minninq

Minninq
    First off melon farms are good but have been given to often. How ever there are ice farming its not that bad of an buck when getting into it or sometimes when i started off to get money for a melon farm i would mine for hours and sell the cobble to lazy people.

7. KRYGT

Build 80x80 melon farm and then add layers. Make sure you have placed enough lights for them (above light level 9)
    Watch the /AH (auction house) to trade with people. Always negotiate. Buy spawners for cheap and then put them on /ah for higher prices.
    Also ench books. Follow the market trends.

It's my first ever season in MCCentral and by this strategy I got Immortal Rank with spending nothing and currently my island is #6 (I don't play for is levels btw)

*english isnt my native excuse my misspells and good luck.*

Saboru_ likes this.
  8. ThorKingOfAsgard

ThorKingOfAsgard
    Hey, xceing there are many early game money-making techniques out there. One of the best techniques is to build an 80 by 80 witch farm then you just add layers. Also the light level extremely important and place enough of them that is probably above light level nine. There are some really good ways to receive spawners; I suggested checking the auction house by doing /ah and check if there are any good deals. The reason for this is because the /shop GUI spawners are expensive plus it also cost tokens and money. Tokens are kind of a hassle to collect but I do not know how to get them on Skyblock. I only know how to collect tokens on the prison sub server which is done by mining. Also, you can sell spawners for high prices. However, do not price the spawners you are selling to high in the auction house. Otherwise, no player at all is going to purchase your spawners. Also, you can sell other stuff on the auction house as well to make some money. All in all, try to get witch spawners because the melon drops sell really good. Have a good day or night and have a happy New Year!

9. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    The best way to make money is by farming melons. However, if you need tokens, opt for a cocoa bean farm. It's good to have both. I would not recommend spending your money on island levels, especially this early on in the season.

The best thing to do would be to focus on grinding spawners, as they are an investment, and you will make good money from them, especially if you have a lot. The best spawners are skeleton spawners. I have seen a lot of people spend their money on island levels, and not on spawners, and then struggle to earn money. If you look at the top islands right now, you will see that they have focused spawners, and once they got enough to make a decent amount of profit, they focused on island levels.

Good luck.

10. officialzing132

zing132
    I would say build a very small and easy Mellon farm and /sell all :)

11. SweFalcon

Get rank, /god

12. Cleaningpig463

cleaningpig463
    Making a coco or melon farm is best. When/if you make either or you can grind blazes and collect their rods. Even though their rods don't make you a whole bunch of money per inv it does make you a decent amount. So I guess either farm or grind

13. IrlDealLover69

IrlDealLover69
    Hey, for making the most amount of income per hour, melon farms are the best, if you're looking to make tokens / points use /tokens and /points to check what gives the most % chance of dropping one of them per crop.
    also if you cant make a melon farm, netherwart is also pretty good if you have a harvest hoe

14. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi there,

The greatest and easiest way of making money is melons, as with a god axe they drop a lot of melons and sell for just over 8k per inv, I myself have made over 500k in just an hour of melon farming. Obviously after you have farmed enough money, spawner drops are very good and combined with a chunk loader they are extremely profitable and will make you a lot of money throughout the day. But in your case it would be easiest to build a 100x100 platform for a melon farm and then make rows of Melons meaning there are 2 rows of seeds then the melons then 2 rows of seeds and so on.

HH_Captain

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.