A solution to the biggest issue on MC Central...

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Lieger, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Lukasz

Heyo All,

You can ask and ask, but things are "not" being done. AntiCheats, even custom ones are useless, players are getting smarter, hackers are getting smarter, what I would suggest is that Microsoft does something about it, then they would counter it from a Client POV and not a Server POV (Hence servers making their own clients), however if Microsoft were to do so, it would directly remove some of the freedom from developers and server owners.

This topic has been made so many times, and it legit has no impact on anyone, I have seen people rant, I have seen people beg, I have seen people even purchase AntiCheats for MCC and guess what, non of them had an impact. So you can try, but it's kind of a lost hope, unless Alex/Jeremy are working on something way way behind the scenes.

**Also to point out, MCC no longer uses AAC (AdvanceAntiCheat) on most servers, since Alex/Jeremy (Not 100% sure) decided to revert back to NCP (NoCheatPlus) which is why the increase of Fly/Speed hackers.

kikahh likes this.
  2. Abar

Abar
    He really do be spitting facts though, it is something that would make the server a lot more enjoyable if it was fixed. Many say that it is under development but who really knows if it is or if that's just something that people say in order to try to take the attention away from it. Instead of avoiding the problem they need to deal with it. Even though hackers may have access to lots of alts, it would make them less likely to want to come back if they were kicked faster. There have been some hackers (especially those with ghost clients) who last for over a month without getting caught. On other servers, they'll be dealt with quicker so they're gonna want to stay on the server that is easier to cheat on.

3. Lieger

look at mine man club, their anti-cheat is insane and they have nearly no hackers on their server if any. Microsoft doesn't care about Minecraft, an anti-cheat is the only way anything on this server will improve, it will solve so many issues that the server faces right now.

4. Lieger

And people may have bought anti-cheats for the server but they never bothered using them, their anti-cheat has been the same since 2013, i don't care how many other times threads have been made, its an issue that no one can stand.

5. Lieger

at the very least, make a damn /report command, that could solve so many issues

6. Lukasz

From my knowledge /report is not being added, or even considered further for the pure fact people would abuse it.
    As for the further statement above, the AntiCheat has changed since 2013 and has been modified to a lot of extents however it does not prove to be useful now, as it was back then.

7. Lieger

In the initial post for this thread, I left a solution in getting a better anti-cheat. there are many that were listed in the video I posted in this thread that are all very good options.

As for the /report command, if there biggest issue with /report is the abuse than they have to fix their priorities if that's the case you can mute the person for abuse, /report needs to be at the very minimum added because so many cheaters could get accounted for rather than having to play with the same cheaters for weeks at a time. if the abuse is that bad then ban them, I can verify promise you that /report would be more useful than harm, all it sounds like to me is that staff don't feel like going through the work of watching people that might be cheating, abuse is a very bad excuses to not add it.

8. xStrafings

Strafinqs
    Staff know this is an issue and do what they can

9. Lieger

and what exactly are they doing? the only person that can really do anything is the owner

10. Lieger

I know exactly how much effort it takes, I also know how incredibly simple it is to get a pre-existing one and install it on the server. you can 100% get ones on the market, I personally know the developer to the current best anti-cheat there is on the market, don't really understand how there will be security problems. Not to mention the fact that we have been told since like 2014 that they are working on an anti-cheat, it has been 5 years since they started to say that. They make a good amount of money off donor ranks, I can assure you that they have the means to cover the price. Multiple staff members agree that something needs to be done about the anti-cheat but the owner is too lazy to do anything. They had an anti-cheat that was better than what's on the server now and they reverted back to ncp (I was told this by multiple staff members). And on top of that, people for years have even offered to start a go fund me to raise money with zero response from the owner about it, it's not a matter of how difficult it is (and by no means am I saying that creating one is easy) however its the fact that higher-ups on the server are lazy and don't care.

11. Lukasz

I am 100% aware how much it takes to create an AntiCheat, but outsourcing from a private developer is also an option, and with the financial income MCCentral gets and other aspects of business Alex and Jeremy do, I can 100% assure you, they would have enough money to pay for a private developer to create an AntiCheat.

As a side note, MCC at one point did have a private AntiCheat however things did not go to place and it has not reflected positive on things.

Lieger likes this.
  12. JonesSniper

JonesSniper
    I agree a anti cheat would fix the whole player base. It’s so annoying to get a recording and then see two more that you weren’t aware of. The server has great players and the cheaters are forcing the players to recording and do stuff they don’t want to. This happens to so many people we need to step up to this problem and fix it, now before it’s too late and the player base drops.

Have a wonderful week

~Jones

Lieger likes this.
  13. Lieger

Exactly, its getting to the point where players on the server are starting to leave

14. JonesSniper

JonesSniper
    For me I play factions it sucks once you use your time being a go do base and a hacker fazed thru your walls into the bass and your screw, let’s say you record it you ant even get a roll back so I loose days of work and all your stuff.

~Jones

15. Lieger

16. Lieger

17. Lieger

So no acknowledgment?

18. Abar

Abar
    Lmao Lieger they get this all the time and even if it is acknowledged there is only so much regular staff can do to make the changes. It's Admins,Owners,and Devs that make it happen. I'm sure that they are aware of it but as i've said before the question remains as to if they will ever do it. I have heard rumors of a minigame revamp or potential SG update in the future so that'd be pretty cool to see if they are true.

19. Lieger

But my point is like, they have a server suggestion tab, for what? For what reason, it’s not like they ever take any suggestions (as far as I know or I’ve seen) like the very least that’s could be done is show acknowledgement to the player base

Abar likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.