Choose maps to play [SKYWARS]

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by fajoszz, Oct 19, 2019.

1. fajoszz

fajoszz
    we missed the opportunity to choose maps to play skywars. I thought of an idea that could solve this. It goes something like this, players joined be normal in the game, but all mcc skywars maps will be listed (in front of where you enter) would be listed and would have the options:

[Acer] VOTE:
    [Station] VOTE:

and players could vote for / vote (map name)

To avoid problems, you could only go vote up to 20 seconds before the match started. and in case of a tie, the map would be chosen for alphabetical order, for example:

[Acer] VOTE: 6
    [Station] VOTE: 6

In this case, the map chosen would be ACER, because alphabetical order.

This topic is open for suggestions, thanks. :)

2. guih

guihzy
    Hey! I think your idea would be really useful since many people don’t know how to play all the maps mcc offers. With that thing added i’m pretty sure people wouldn’t complain that much about having issues with maps, such as “we need a revamp” “we need more maps”. In my opinion it would be awesome to have something like that, and as we already have that function in Survival Games I think it would be something easy to install.

fajoszz likes this.
  3. I am going with a huge -1 as this had been already suggested and I explained why voting for maps should be a thing at all!

So I know many people want to play this map or this but right now the only way you can play is by chance, but again some maps are too big of an advantage for new starters, for example, people would always go for "Nordia" / "Paris" / "TimeKeeper" why? The answer is simple in middle theres a very powerful amount of bookshelf and an enchanting table that allows users with level 35+ to own a huge advantage of getting very powerful enchanted items. New people with level 0 or 1 can nearly do nothing but just have sharpness 1.

Some maps are just disliked, not all people want to play by voted maps (if a group of 7 people always choosing the same map over and over it's just annoying) even if they couldn't re chose the same map than they would still pick one of the thoese maps that I said above!

This won't be added for fact as this would need full plugin to revamp, as currently when you join skywars game you in waiting for lobby of an upcoming game, voting would result in the map to change in logic so there should be a hidden waiting lobby where people can cast votes and the map that wins would be generated (similar to CTF) we don't start off in a CTF map but instead inside a waiting lobby.

I think having skywar map in random is very fine, I don't find a big deal playing the same map or some other map again.

I do like the idea and don't but at the same time I would go with -1
    This is all my opinion again!

I know its fun to go and play the map you want but "let's make it just fair" play few maps and wait until it's yours next "theres no bad maps on MCC skywars they are all fine!"

Also, people would be voting for specific maps just because of chest amounts or enchanting table.

~Cya!

4. DaQuack_

DaQuack_
    Im not trying to be rude or anything, but I personaly think that the way skywars is already a great minigame. Skywars is already the most popular game on the server with over 700 players almost everyday.
    But I think that the only thing that needs to be worked on alot more is the anti cheat. I know that they work on it almost every new update, but I think it needs to be alot more updated then it is. Fly hackers rarely get kicked from the game anymore and I think this is a big problem with everyone. I know staff is trying their hardest to make MCC a happy and safe place for the players.

Have a great day!

5. fajoszz

fajoszz

Is all good, like i said, this topic is open to suggestions, thank you!

6. fajoszz

fajoszz

yeah! i agree with you, we need better anti-cheat, but i really liked when i can choose maps, and i think will be nice to be choose again, but i understand u, thank you for tell me ur opinion :D

7. Lunatix

lunatix
    Hello,
    I would like a voting system for skywars map but some maps would never be played and the maps would get very repetitive and boring because the same maps would get played a lot. The only thing they need for Skywars is an anti-cheat to make it even better. Have a great day :D

8. fajoszz

fajoszz

Hello,
    i agree with u, we can make better, like that: just 5 maps (randoms) and the players can choose only of these five. Anyway, thank you for coming here and left off ur sugestion.

9. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    This would not require any plugin at all. This would just require the server to change the spawn location in the config of whatever plugin MCC is using.

Also I would +1 this idea, if maps aren't voted for and they aren't enjoyable, why are they in the vote selection? The server should keep maps that are actually enjoyable and fun to play, most players enjoy maps with centers full of chests rather than those that don't.

puposaurus likes this.
  10. fajoszz

fajoszz

Hello,
    Really thank you! that is a amazing idea, the maps can be voted to leave or no in the forum. And ing just will stay the maps that players like the most.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.