How to Change your Game Version

Discussion in 'Support Forums' started by Deleted member 145, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi everyone! I thought I would make a post about how to change your Minecraft game version!

Step 1

The first thing you want to do is open up your Minecraft launcher.

[​IMG]

Step 2

Once you do that, go up to where it says "Installations". After that you should get a screen like this.

[​IMG]

Step 3

The next thing you want to do is click on where it says "+New" at the top of the screen. After you click that you should get this.

[​IMG]

When you see this, click on "Latest release" and all of the versions should pop up. Select the version which you want to use. Most of MCCentral uses 1.8.9, except Creative which is 1.12.2.

Final Steps

When you get done with that, go down and click [​IMG] at the bottom right of the screen. Now you are about done! Once you hit "Create", it should bring you back to the screen where all your installations are. Once you are there you should see the Minecraft version you just created.
    There are 2 ways to do this: You can either drag your mouse over the version we just made and click "Play" to the right of the screen, or you can go back to the top of the screen and click where it says "Play" in the top right corner. Once you are back in the main menu, you will see the version selector at the bottom.

[​IMG]

Click the version selector, and a menu with your selected versions should appear.

[​IMG]

Click on the game version you just created. At the bottom left it will tell you what version you are in. Now all you have to do is click "Play"!

I hope this helped! Have fun playing in your new game version!

Thank you for reading!

#1 Deleted member 145, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.