New idea for speed building?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by parlent, Sep 4, 2019.

?

Would you like to see this getting added?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Meh

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parlent

I was playing team skywars earlier and realized how bad I actually am at speed building, and I asked some friends of mine where I could practice on speed building and they told me creative. I went on creative and practiced. I soon figured that It was pretty difficult because I would double tap the space bar and just fly.

My point:
    The server should make a place where you can practice speed building for real. There is several things you can do to make it funny. Make it a competition.. etc.

How I think it could be done:

Two islands many blocks away from each other. Whenever you place out a block you automatically get timed and whenever you get to the other island the timer stops. If you fall off you start from the beginning and the blocks will vanish. That way you can beat your own record and get better at building and its fun and I know so many people would find this enjoyable and useful. I know that this won't be an option right now because of other things but it would be fun to see if you guys would like to see this getting added in the future!

2. Honestlys

Honestlys
    Hello again!

I think this is a good idea and I would like to see this getting added. I personally need to practice my bridging skills and as you said its difficult because of the fly on creative. But I don't think they would add it in the nearest future since they are working on the anticheat and the focus is somewhere else. But as I said.. it is a good idea and I hope they will add it in the future.

Have a wonderful day/night :)

3. ImConcerned

vNato
    I would like to see this being added but,
    MCC don't really focus on little features such as these so i highly doubt that this will ever be implemented.
    Maybe if MCC added a feature where you could change gamemode on creative then, it may be good but they must make sure to leave PvP disabled
    If you want to practice speed bridging, a good tip is to go onto prisons and mine a bit of cobble stone and warp to your plot or if you do not own one already then use /p a (short for /plot auto) as it will automatically claim you a free plot.

I do not see this being added any time soon.
    Thank you and have a magnificent day!

#3 ImConcerned, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  4. Plsyes

Truthfullys
    I honestly would like seeing this getting added but I’m pretty sure that it’s not the right time for it. Like everyone said above^. Good idea though:)

5. Smashhhh

Smashhhh
    Hey there!

I think it’s a great idea, but unfortunately I don’t see it being implemented. Just because there are many things that are essential to the server running properly (ie lag spikes and Anticheat) and those things need to be and will be fixed before any additional ideas will be added.

Maybe in a few years it could be implemented though! Another way to achieve a similar result would be (if it isn’t already possible) to have a /disable fly command in creative mode.

Thoughts, comments and questions are of course welcome!

-Smashhhh

6. httpsalex

htpzalex
    I would love to see this be added, but Im sure this wont be added anytime soon. Thank you for the suggestion though.

7. Josh

This may sound crazy, but single player exists.

Zonafer and Horace_Altman like this.
  8. Horace_Altman

Horace_Altman
    Hello,

I gotta say.. I agree with Rimple. I don't really see a point in spending more time on something that well 1) Already exists 2) Would take even more time away from doing the important things like Updates on Sub-Servers or minigames. Or maybe an Anti-Cheat.

Opening a super flat creative world then simply putting god apples and blocks in your hot bar and turning to survival is a great way to learn this. One I've use for a very long time. Bridging is all about timing and skill to keep the same pace the whole way. At some point the flying on creative shouldn't be an issue.

Noah | Horace_Altman
    MCC Moderator
    MCC Ex-Builder

9. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Hey! I like the idea but I don't think people would spend time on this. Maybe think of something more useful for people to actually practice and use on a day to day basis. Good suggestion though! :)

Have a great day/night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.