Remove 1.14

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ewhz, Sep 5, 2019.

?

Backtrack so 1.14 isnt playable on MCC?

1. YES!

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewhz

Ewhz
    Hello. If you clicked on this you're probably thinking "where do I sign-up?". Well, just give me a second to explain as to WHY 1.14 should not be able to be run on MCC.

MCC is a large pvp server. Skywars and KitPVP are fairly popular modes, as is Survival Games. Well since the release of 1.14, many players began to notice it runs on MCC. Because of this, it gives an unfair disadvantage to players who like 1.12 or 1.8.9 for PVP. Survival Games especially is where these 1.14 players shine. Most of the maps have a decently large body of water, but this is no issue for 1.14 players because of the new swimming animation added to the update. It allows the players to swim faster and makes the game no fun to those who play in the older updates. I have many people who, as well as I, hate that 1.14 is allowed to be run on MCC. A backtrack should be looked into so that 1.12.2 is highest update able to be ran.

Thank you for reading this, feel free to vote!

(P.S. If you do not believe this is right, or you like that 1.14 is able to be played, you're a psychopath.)
    (Or the player who uses it.)

2. Hey!

If you hate 1.14 then I guess you don't have to play it?

1.14 is an optional opinion for members, when a new member starts playing Minecraft the first thing they would do is play on 1.14 (mostly because they are un-aware of versions) and if MCC did't supported 1.14 (then all new members on 1.14 would be pretty much confused of whats happening as it says MCC doesn't supports 1.14 when they try to connect to MCC)
    This happend to me a-lot when I was a very new player to Minecraft!

Also swimming animation and addition was added on 1.13 not 1.14

About swimming: Yes! You might swim faster, however sometimes you can get stuck (like stuck) I used 1.14 on MCC one time to swim around and there was like 60% I would get stuck and I would have to swim extremely slow (like slower then shifting on ground) to don't get pulled back by the anti-cheat into water.
    Most people just drowns (if they are swimming deep and are trying to swim up fast)

Also they might able to swim faster "thats the only advantage I see" however using 1.8 - 1.8.9 (to pvp) is also a very huge advantage against users on 1.14.
    Also not all maps on Survival games are covered with very huge areas of water!

I don't think MCC should remove 1.14 (cause people could just swim faster) and again theres still a chance of you to get stuck while swimming causing you to die (by drowning)

~Thanks!

3. Ewhz

Ewhz
    That is the point. The update is useless and has it's ups and downs. I do not play on 1.14 and I wont because it is dumb. It's not needed on MCC seeing as the server only updated to 1.12.2 for Creative. The swimming, as you said lags and kills you, but at the same time gives an advantage to get away faster from players NOT using the version. Not to mention MCC is going to be fixing the water glitches, and then 1.14 players will be able to do it easier. The version is not needed and should not even be open to be run on MCC. Thank you for the input, but my case is set on it being backtracked to 1.12.2 since that's the version they already have it set on.

4. Horace_Altman

Horace_Altman
    Okay,

So here is what I personally think. I understand the swimming is annoying but if I'm honest sure they get faster swimming but put me up against anyone in 1.14.4 and I will destroy them with how much better 1.8 pvp is. Sure they might get away but it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day the PVP is what matters. Now I would like to see this fixed as much as the next person but removing 1.14 isn't the way to go. Type of fix should be figured out then removing it all together. But for now it's not breaking SG by any means seeing as 1.14.4 pvp sucks.

Noah | Horace_Altman
    Mcc Moderator
    Mcc Ex-Builder

AZXG likes this.
  5. Ankh

Ankh
    That's because you're good at pvp :joy:

It kind of does matter, I've lost a lot of kills to people who just jump into water and zoom away, it's very annoying. Especially after they just stole your kill or loot or attacked you first. SG is a mostly kill-to-win gamemode, which is what makes it so frustrating. Someone running from you mid fight is annoying enough, but when you entirely remove your chance of ever catching up to them then it's just infuriating.

I've been cleaned countless times in water by people who can instantly catch up to me while all I can do is stand there and die. The increased speed doesn't just mean they are faster, it means they can maneuver better too. They can get under you within seconds and just start endlessly hitting you when you can't even touch them. Also makes it a lot harder to hit them with arrows when they are literally swimming circles around you. If PvP is truly what matters, then MCC shouldn't be supporting a feature that is borderline cheating.

In my personal opinion, Mojang should have made the new swimming able to be toggled off by the server you play on. Maybe a gamerule or something that, when set to false, disables swimming. Quite an overlook on their behalf. But still, if they're not going to do anything, then MCC needs to do something, because this IS breaking sg. As mentioned in the OP, almost every map has a large body of water, making the chance of someone using this feature for an unfair advantage almost inevitable. It's annoying when you're fighting someone in water, then they just do the notorious crouch to drop down into water then swim away.

I can agree that disabling 1.14 entirely might be a bit extreme, but it seems like the only option at this point. If anything, you can put a link somewhere to a thread explaining how to drop to lower versions like 1.8.

6. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    Fixing the 1.13 swimming issue seems like an easier fix, rather than removing all the versions above that. Some people take the game more seriously than others, and some of them prefer to stay on the latest version as it's easier.

Adjusting the anticheat to what it was before would be a better option. Before, players couldn't use 1.13 swimming, but it also was buggy with normal players trying to swim through water. I think that with the new anticheat update, this will be fixed.

AZXG likes this.
  7. A_Greedy_Dragon

A_Greedy_Dragon
    I think I hold the minority here. I personally think McC and other major servers should fully update to the newest updates. Mojang really messed up badly when they alienated half of their player base with the pvp changes. However, it's been 3 years and it's time for all servers to move forward. Staying in the past will only lose you potential players. There are so many mini games that could be added due to the new updates. Take a look at what HermitCraft's been doing the last few years for example. (Ravager Run looks epic) I will say though that Mojang needs to step up there game in making updates that are actually compatible with large servers. 1.13 and 1.14 are extremely laggy with a server more than 10 people. The large servers should get with the times and update to at least 1.12 in my opinion. It's time to move forward and not stay in the past.

8. Cxrtr

Cxrtr
    We stay on 1.8 because the combat is better in pretty much every way. All minigames can be developed, it's not a matter of the version you play on. While I enjoy the features of 1.9+, the new combat system simply doesn't make up for it, especially when 95% of the competitive community plays on 1.8. With your comment about the newer versions being laggy, that's 100% dependent on the host of the server and how much the owners pay for it; as you can see, people still play on 1.14 on MCC and the server has well over 1500 players constantly online.

Zonafer likes this.
  9. Ankh

Ankh
    Not sure what you mean by fix 1.13 swimming, but I'm guessing you just mean the lagbacks. Just to be clear, if they did fix the lagbacks for swimming that would just make things even more unfair to anyone under 1.13. While I don't want them to be there either, I'd also rather not be chased down by someone swimming 3 times as fast as me.

Adjusting the anticheat to the previous settings would not be a better option in my opinion. You could literally freeze anyone simply by hitting them with a rod, and even people in 1.8 would drown because it wouldn't let them swim up. And to top it all off, after all of that screwing over legitimate players, it still let hackers completely dominate minigames. The anticheat has been failing to do its job for the last 2 years, ever since they started "building off of" AdvancedAntiCheat.

Last I checked, any half decent pvp server uses 1.7-1.8, and may occasionally support 1.9+. Servers choose to stay on lower versions because they're better for pvp, the combat mechanics aren't as wacko as the higher versions. It has nothing to do with "growing up" and "moving on", it's just better for pvp. Not sure why you mentioned hermitcraft, from the looks of it they mostly just do single player let's plays, where pvp is literally irrelevant.

You can ask almost anyone who takes pvp seriously what version they prefer, and they will say 1.7 or 1.8. This is why servers still use older versions, not because they're stuck in the past, but because most players prefer the old mechanics over the new ones, simply because they work better. If MCC was to fully update the entire server to 1.14, a large majority of the community (myself included) would likely leave and find another 1.8 server. KitPvP, Factions, ArenaPvP and PvP-related Minigames would be almost completely killed, and anyone else who pvp'd on any of the other subservers would likely consider quitting as well. That would already be around half the playerbase gone from one simple change.

Zonafer likes this.
  10. Yeho

Yehooo
    Removing 1.14 support, or even more extremely, 1.13 support seems a bit too insane don't you think? Many players will play on 1.14, or the "Latest Version" or whatever. Removing support will cut the MCC playbase by at-least half, if not more. Also, don't you think removing version support is completely unnecessary when you could just download a plugin and fix it? Simple as that. Just like how MCC (or any other server for that matter) "fixed" PvP in 1.9. They disabled a gamerule, or installed a plugin.

11. Ankh

Ankh
    I don't believe it's that extreme, there's a lot of 1.8 servers that don't support 1.9+. It shouldn't be ENTIRELY removed, but only for the gamemodes that are focused around pvp. If anything, they canmake it send them a link to a guide showing them how to switch versions, when they try to join a server that doesn't support the version they are currently playing. There's plenty of ways they could solve this, they just need to choose one.

Also I'm not sure if you have any experience in running servers, but you can't just "download a plugin" and fix all the problems. ViaVersion and CombatMechanics have issues all on their own, nothing will be perfect when you're trying to make a platform that supports every version from 1.8 up. Would just be easier if they did what a lot of other servers do and make games version-specific (eg. Creative 1.8-1.14, KitPvP 1.8)

12. Ewhz

Ewhz
    Like you all said; I agree that it would be a bit much to rollback, but it's a lot easier than having to deal with the players using it. Again a plugin could be used to disable to swimming of 1.14, but it would still be useless as it would not fit the server either way since MCC is only updated to 1.12.2. Having the 1.14 update is pointless and unneeded. It also makes SG no fun when you lose kills just because of some water.

13. Ankh

Ankh
    Player movement is client-side, meaning the server has no control over it. Unless Mojang actually adds a feature to allow the server to disable the swimming, then the most you can do to prevent it is make players lag back when using it.

Zonafer likes this.
  14. Yeho

Yehooo
    I still don't think it should be even considered as an option to remove it. Do you really think showing them a link on how they can switch versions will make them do it? No. They'll just switch to another server.

Also, about the plugins, yes, I agree. No plugin is perfect, however, better than nothing.

Overall, well said post, however, I think that removing 1.14, or making it a hassle for newer players is a problem.

15. Ankh

Ankh
    Yes, because it's totally a hassle to click 3 buttons in your launcher to switch to 1.8...

Also I'm not sure what you mean by they'll just switch to another server, it doesn't quite work like that. People aren't THAT quick to abandon something. If they want to play on the server, then they'll switch to the version it supports. If not, then they never really wanted to stay in the first place. Look at SG for example. People are literally FLYING in games, it's almost impossible to play now without encountering a hacker in almost every game. Yet, people still play it. Compared to this, making gamemodes a specific version doesn't seem that catastrophic to me.

16. Yeho

Yehooo
    Again, I completely agree with you, however that was not the point of the post.

The point was to look at it from another perspective. The "super new" guy perspective.

Trust me, I've met tens of people who don't even know what version they're playing, let alone switching it.

I understand where you come from. However, if we look from the new player's perspective, I just don't think they can do that.

You could make the counter argument, saying that "Come on, Yeho, noone's that stupid", but my general point is that some people just either can't bother, don't know how to do it, or just don't understand.

17. Ankh

Ankh
    That's what the guide would be for...

Again, guide would be there for a reason. And if they're honestly too lazy to even switch a version, I'm impressed they even put in the IP to join the server.

ImConcerned likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.