I'm old

Discussion in 'Support Forums' started by borgxS, Apr 8, 2024.

1. borgxS

I would like to know why the other minigames were removed from the server? Mainly SkyWars?
    I was offline for a long time. I spent more than 6 years without playing Minecraft and I remember that one of the servers I played the most was this one. I tried to join to play and remember the old days but I came across a server that doesn't even have minigames anymore, so I would like to know why they were removed

2. kvng_steph

AyeItsSteph
    Minigames were removed as a whole due to lack of players which significantly occurred after the minigames update. There was already a pre-existing lack of players before the "minigames revamp" (for example there was maybe 1 full lobby of 12 players on skywars only throughout the day, if on a lucky weekend 2 full lobbies), however the "minigames revamp" completely took the very last sign of life out of minigames.

It is agreed amongst the greater minigames community that the minigames revamp was a failure because;

1. The minigames revamp was simply too late. It was during a time when people had just gotten out of quarantine and people grew out of the game and got lives. Everyone believes that the minigames revamp should have taken place way earlier, not when MCC and Java Minecraft was already dying out. A more suitable time for such a huge revamp would have been 2020 at the very least (some would disagree and say it should've been in 2017-2018 which I would also agree with).

2. There was a wait time period of more than a month where the Owners shut minigames down temporarily so that they could work on the update. This was fatal since a lot of the minigame players on MCC mained minigames specifically, minigames players weren't known to be on skyblock or survival. UHC is what alot of the minigames players had to move to temporarily while minigames were shut down, the problem is UHC games were only ran every 12-24 hours or so. This caused the minigames community to either completely move on from mcc and play on a different minigames server or it caused them to just not log onto MCC anymore and completely forget about MCC.

3. Lack of advertising for the highly anticipated minigames revamp was also a cause of the failure of the revamp. You would expect that such a huge reset like this would be advertised across all platforms, especially considering MCC was known as the "#1 Minigames Server". I can't really issue any blame here because the Owners had gotten MCC partnered with Lunar and Labymod client and were investing for decent server trailers, etc. Newer Minecraft players were and still are more interested in the Bedrock version of Minecraft, so I don't think extreme advertising would have done much to attract the newer and younger generation of minecraft players.

4. Stats reset. There were some mixed opinions about this amongst the minigames community. Some players were pissed when they found out that their levels were reset or when their leaderboard ranking was reset. Others were happy that stats and leaderboard were reset since it meant they could grind it out all over again.

These are the reasons as to why I believe minigames lost its playerbase, there might be some other miscellaneous reasons as to why they died off like bad anticheat, minigames lobby, loss of nostalgia, not worth the hype, etc.

#ImagineOnTop

foreverbadvibes likes this.
  3. foreverbadvibes

T0PFLOORB0SS
    Very excellent, well-written and explained response.

#IMAGINEONTOP4L

kvng_steph likes this.
  4. kvng_steph

AyeItsSteph
    Thanks broski youre a real one, do u got something to add too or did I say it all. feel like im missing something.

#ImagineOnTop
    #Imagine>Venom

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.