Events Update

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Pillaa, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Pillaa

Pillaa
    Hey everyone,

Being someone who has played on this server since 2016, I have had many years of watching Prison, Skyblock, and other Sub-Servers update and change. One thing that I have noticed is that the events within the sub-servers have gotten repetitive over the past couple of years, given that they have not been paid much attention to. Prison has a great selection of events such as Brackets, Last Man Standing, Chest Envoys, and Boss. Skyblock, on the other hand, has only Boss and Chest Envoy, which in the past few weeks has become quite repetitive to play every day. Due to this, I feel like adding in new and updated events could be a really fun idea for those of us who play 3-4-5 days a week.

Idea #1: Parkour

Having played the server for multiple years, I have seen many people create their own parkour courses on their island, all of which I found really fun and enjoyable. A parkour event I feel would be an amazing addition, primarily to Skyblock because it is not PvP oriented, just like Skyblock itself. Rewards could be given based on placement, with 1st place getting the grand prize (100k or so) and 2nd+3rd place getting a smaller prize as well. This event would appeal to almost everyone because let's be honest- who doesn't like parkour?

Idea #2: Spleef

This idea primarily came to mind after seeing Spleef being a new addition to the /hub. While I really liked the idea, I have only participated in one game because it lacks players significantly. A spleef event, in my eyes, could have a lot of potential as an event given the popularity that it receives on many servers that I have been a player on. I could see this event being very popular within the Skyblock community, and possibly the Prison community as well, however I would rank almost every Prison event above Spleef.

Idea #3: First to the Top
    Allow for me to explain this event, as the title I have listed is very vague. This event consists of a tower- usually 20-30 blocks high, with ladders all around the blocks. The first player to reach the top of the tower, while avoiding being knocked off by other players, would win the event. I have played games similar to this in the past, and I have always enjoyed it every time I played it.

Each of the ideas I have listed above could be implemented into each sub server if really needed, but I feel like these would be best implemented into Skyblock and/or Survival. I look forward to hearing feedback on the ideas that I have listed above, as well as hearing other ideas that you all might have as well.

-Pilla

LeafyTiger24 and EmeraldNerd like this.
  2. EmeraldNerd

Emerald_Logan
    I think the addition of these events (and maybe others) would greatly increase the fun of this server.

3. mcrcus

mcrcus
    Ideas 1 and 2 has been in the lobby since the server started, no need for them to be on the subservers if they've been on for who knows how long. While I do admire the idea, idea 3 is just an overcomplicated version of kill of the hill. I think the events that we have currently aren't that bad, obviously they could use some tweaks but they aren’t horrible.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.