Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 254, Feb 16, 2021.

1. ...

#1 Deleted member 254, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2022
    kaykomi, LOUHT, kxriina and 4 others like this.
  2. micunmuted

PLARPS
    thats true sadly, the server has had its better days. now its a wastland filled with hackers and everything. I just have not been active either its kinda sad to see a server go down so far. from the toxic players to the toxic hackers has just made me demotivated to play mccentral. now I feel like im just hating on mccentral :/

kxriina and Atsserretni like this.
  3. ProLethal

ProLethal
    This is coming from a guy who has never been interested in playing subservers and investing time into them.
    I think the fact that MCC hasn't had a minigame update or even changed the minigames in the slightest (removing bug fixes, exploits, etc) is a direct factor in the server's downfall. The minigames are the backbone of the server. While the admins/builders have been keen on introducing new seasons of subservers, the minigames remain a stale and historic part of the server. The once, large community of minigames players is long gone, and the fragment that is left still believe that maybe a revamp will come, one of these days.
    To further prove my point, I will give a specific example. On one of CTF's maps, Clash Valley, there is an exploit for people to make an unintentional jump to go through the mountains. While some people do this jump for the fun of it, others take advantage of it by stealing and capturing the flag with little to no effort. For three years, this jump has been in the game. And for three years, the staff haven't bothered to patch it up, to place just a few blocks to prevent the exploit. How much effort would that take? Less than an hour, maybe?
    My solution to the dying server: Don't wait for considerable amounts of time for a revamp. Update the server regularly. Fix bugs. Upload maps. Patch exploits. Only then, will the server see a comeback.

kaykomi and Yukihira like this.
  4. Yukihira

maneREMOR
    As a former mccentral player, I can say that this is probably the worst phase of mccentral.
    I remember that in 2014 I would wake up at 9 in the morning to play on this server expecting to find my favorite Youtuber (Edukof), unfortunately I never found him, lol, but I got prints with many other Ytbers and that was really cool. At that time, I remember that mccentral was the only server that hit the front with the hypixel (which was starting). The mccentral takes 11k-16K and I don't think we'll ever see this hype again. I don't particularly care about the maps, as they remind me of the best server time and it always gives me nostalgic, but I think there are many very well made maps that could be added, the main problem being hackers. I do not know how a server works, but I believe it is tiring for the owner, I do not know if he started the server for fun and then discouraged or not, but the truth is that in 2016 hackers were already taking over and lag it was already more evident, in 2017 we had some new things like a revamp minigame and an improvement in anticheat (not much) thus maintaining a considerable base player (4k-7k) In 2018 almost no more Yt was recording here, without updates, without nothing, it seems that the server has fallen by the wayside.
    With this 2018, 2019 was also bad, 2019 was the year that I went back to playing actively on the server and despite having a lot of fun, hackers were a huge problem, the server already gave signs that it was going to die with a base player of 1200 (without the buffs).
    2020 due to covid the server returned to having people plAying (around 3k) and remembering a little why mccentral could be fun, I had a lot of fun in March and April here, after these two months these new players gave up, and it wasnt because covid was stable, since the hypixel kept the base player of 190K, in these months. however that same year we had some news like creative reset, and more other updates.

2021 promises, we have already seen a mini revamp in the UHC and I hope to see a revolution in the minigames, which on any other server other than the mccentral, is the base player of the servers, (Even though the server is dead, he is still very famous for his achievements in the past, a good anticheat and revamp in everything will bring new players, I'm sure)I hope you don't forget the anticheat, because if you hear another update without anticheat me and I know many other people who will also give up on the server, a bad aticheat was what caused the server to crash and I hope this is the main focus of the owners. Here at the time that I play the mccentral takes 500-700 players, of that number some 60-200 play minigames and at least 1/3 of that number is either a closet cheater, or a fly cheater. There is no longer any way to defend waiting 5 minutes for the skywars to start and to die in 10 seconds to fly takes away the patience, besides the lack of a rule against toxicity "encourages to be toxic, making the environment not cool, especially for new players However, I believe that these posts will not help anything, the admins and owner already know what it takes for the server to be good again, if they didn't do its because they don't want to, and if they don't want the way is migrate from server.

#4 Yukihira, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  5. guih

guihzy
    They’ve updated the only part of the server I care about (uhc) with community-suggestion-based changes so I ccl. I really do look forward to see how good of a minigames revamp they’ll pull out, and hopefully they trick they’ve got under their sleeves will bring them back a handful of players. I still believe in the servers potential. Ofc, it does require a little bit of effort but it can become the server it was in 2014ish

kaykomi, abbs and luvbri like this.
  6. MAXILES

7. Zonafer

Zonafer
    Yeah, guih makes a good point. The UHC updates are certainly a step in the right direction, and with the minigames revamp confirmed, there is a lot of hope in the minigames community. I've noticed there are quite a few old players who are coming back to CTF bit by bit, and hopefully a good revamp will kickstart the server. Up until this point, the focus on subservers has been a bad gamble imo because it detracts from the thing MCC is great at (minigames) while also wasting those resources because other dedicated servers can do gamemodes better than MCC.

In summary, a return to focusing on its minigame roots would be awesome for MCC. I have a lot of hope and I'm certain the server can hit 2015-2016 levels of activity again if they just focus on the right gamemodes, update more often and take more community suggestions.

kaykomi and MAXILES like this.
  8. micunmuted

PLARPS
    and uhc's dont happen a lot too

9. MAXILES

they're not meant to happen too often dummy

10. micunmuted

PLARPS
    ik I said theres way better gamemodes to update then.. uhc

11. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Despite the lower player count overall compared to the past the server has been getting amazing changes. And its funny people say Alex and Jeremy don't care about the server. Skyblock was totally re made and then got awesome changes like settings, Teleport pads etc. Prison got backpacks and upgradeable pickaxes. Factions had its cannon jar made from scratch. Uhc got an amazing update with new scenarios and gameplay changes. Creative got a great update to make it more builder friendly. Survival got the job system. Kit came with the great wager update along with good gameplay changes. Although I do agree kit needs a good content update but Its hard to do that on a server that's meant to be basic. The past few months there has been great movement with Minigames too. Like everything else on the server it takes time. One goal with the revamp is to structure it where it can easily be updateable in the future so the same situation of it being untouched for years wont happen again. I'm not trying to defend mcc saying there is 0 issues at all. I'm just saying this might of been one of the greatest years overall for mcc despite it not seeming like it.

kaykomi, Myko, Darenn and 4 others like this.
  12. micunmuted

PLARPS
    its a great year in updates but back in the day it had way more players then it did now it was the best update year but the worst for players since the player count has lowered. I get why you are saying it but, If thats what you want then thats fine :) I think most people are worried most about the community and such.

13. Unadvised

Unadvised
    People will always come and go, We can't prevent people from growing up and moving on.

14. TrippedUp

TrippedUp
    While I can understand where this is coming from, the new updates will upend the "dead" aspect of minigames. We've already seen some updates in other places in the server. Especially with things like UHC getting huge revamps, it shows that the owners are paying a good amount of attention towards what was considered to be a neglected part of the server. This also goes for the minigames update that is on the way. Personally I think the minigame update will bring some players back, whether it's OG players that left years ago or current players drifting away. So while there are less players now, there is definitely going to be an increase when the minigame revamp comes (hopefully soon).

15. MAXILES

no, uhc needed an update

16. iiSean

iiSean_
    I’ve played MCC for years, but now I’ve stopped playing.

This is mainly because I have gotten bored with the same things and many people I know have also stopped playing, probably because they got bored too.

They’re still revamping the sub servers, but it’s still basically the same thing each season.

Unless CTF gets revamped (which is somewhat likely) then I will return for a bit, but for now, I won’t be logging on.

I’ve lost enjoyment on MCC.​

#16 iiSean, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  17. fattr

fattr
    ive only been playing mcc for a little longer than a year, but I've also seen a huge decline in activity and hype. as a minigame player, its sad to see that games almost never start anymore, and that the lobbys are overrun with toxicity and boredom. i think that a minigame update or even a new minigame altogether could maybe boost some activity, but I doubt mcc will regain its former hype

Yukihira likes this.
  18. TwinBlade

Lava survival being saying it for years why does no one listens to the world best pvper sigh

19. micunmuted

PLARPS
    I don't think your the best pvp player lmao.. no one cares

Yukihira, fattr and TwinBlade like this.
  20. FrontStands

I like mccenrral being the same imo since it classy

But i dont like seeing it dead

I kinda wish i didnt quit minecraft in october 2017, it was alive back then

Yukihira likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.