Creating Maps in Different Minecraft Versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProLethal, Feb 7, 2021.

1. ProLethal

ProLethal
    Hello!
    So I've been making a map for CTF, and I've worked very hard on it. However, as I've undergone the mapmaking process, I've realized that I've been using Minecraft version 1.16.3 to build the map. Now, I know that CTF uses 1.8 combat, and my map has been created under a different version. Will this be problematic if my map gets accepted and becomes implemented into the system? (So far, I've used all 1.8 blocks.)

Yukihira likes this.
  2. Skin_

Skin_
    If you are 100% sure u only used 1.8 blocks u should be fine. Try convert the world, search on YouTube on how to do so.

3. ProLethal

ProLethal
    I've already looked into it, and it's harder than it seems to downgrade versions. Will it be a problem if my map is opened in 1.16.3 but used in 1.8?

4. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey ProLethal,

The file format for 1.13+ worlds are quite different to 1.12 and lower file formats.
    Our system strictly loads 1.8 worlds.

So either:
    A) Create your map using 1.8.9
    B) Find a tool to downgrade your map, if it exists

ProLethal likes this.
  5. ProLethal

ProLethal
    Thank you so much! I’m already well into the build, so it would be a waste of time to start all over. I’ve found a few tools that have been proven to work in downgrading worlds, so I’ll test that out for now.

Nikki_ likes this.
  6. Dionnysus

Dionnysus
    Heya!

This once happened to me as well but it can be solved fairly easily!
    You can either use the //replace command for all the blocks that are 1.8.9+ and replace them with something else.

Downgrading your map can be done as follows if you made your map on a server with
    FAWE, Schemetica database, a via version plugin. If you play on a 'builders server' it will most likely have all those plugins.

If the server you build this on is accessible with 1.8.9 and uses FAWE, you want to //copy your build and then //download it.
    This will give you a link. If you click that it will download a file for you. Drop this same file into the website you got redirected to. This will give you a weird looking command. If you paste that command on the plot/world whilst also being on 1.8.9 it will permanently change the 1.8.9+ blocks to 1.8.9 blocks using the servers ViaVersion Plugin.

Feel free to dm me on discord if you have troubles with this (
    Youri#2087). I'd look forward to seeing your map submission!

KierenBoal and ProLethal like this.
  7. ProLethal

ProLethal
    Figured it out, thank you!

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.