Diamond Spawners/Block Wands/Island Level Storage

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by SweatyDreamer, Nov 24, 2020.

1. SweatyDreamer

SweatyDreamer
    One thing I've noticed this season that was different from earlier seasons was the transfer of getting island levels from diamond ore using fortune 4 to getting island levels from silverfish spawners that generate emeralds. With the removal of fortune 4 and the introduction of a spawner that drops ores it became a completely new sort of way of getting island levels, which was very refreshing at first. However, as we continue into the later portion of the season, blocking ores to get island levels has become one of the least enjoyable parts of skyblock. I personally play to make builds, pvp, but also to chase for the #1 position on skyblock 1 and 2. However, when it comes to /blocking emerald from my sf grinders, it can take a quarter to half an hour of getting emeralds to /block an put into double chests. In addition to the time it takes to block for people who can't run multiple alts at once placing emerald blocks instead of diamonds blocks takes double almost triple the time it would've taken to increase in island levels from earlier seasons just because the meta is going for emeralds instead of diamonds for cost efficiency. People who are currently in the top places are also running out of space to place blocks due to how many blocks have to be placed in order to reach the higher island positions. For next season these three possibilities could make island level increasing a bit less laborious without destroying the economy.

1. Introduce another spawner that drops diamonds or sponges
    With the silverfish spawners being introduced as the most expensive spawner for the first time in skyblock history, an automatic method of receiving island levels was introduced. If for next season a new spawner such as villager spawners were introduced which dropped diamonds and cost $4-$5 Million (Silverfish cost $3 Million) it would make it easier to get higher level blocks while still not destroying the economy.

2. Block Wands
    Many different skyblock servers have /block wands which automatically block all blocks in a chest into your inventory only if there was inventory space availabe in the player's inventory. If block wands were added to key crate drops, this would allow for it to be a rare item to get which eases the process of /blocking while also allowing a new economy to be driven around the new item.

3. Island Level Storage
    In factions there is a system within the faction which allows tnt to be stored with the faction's tnt storage that players could store tnt into for future use. If a similar system was added to skyblock which allowed for emerald blocks, diamond blocks, and sponges to be stored within the island's storage, it would allow for players to have a massive storage of blocks without having to create hundreds of chests for storage.

These are just suggestions that I would want to be introduced to skyblock in an idealistic world. As I don't know the amount of coding or work that has to be done to introduce these new changes I hope that this post could be just a thought that admins and owners can have in the back of the head as possibilities to make skyblock a bit better.

soyan, stampyrhodes, kuieren and 2 others like this.
  2. Unadvised

Unadvised
    Interesting ideas. Here is a thought of mine, What if blocks only counted towards 80% of island value. The other 20% could be broken up into different categories. 5% is mobs killed, 5% is crops farmed, 5% is the amount of quests completed and another 5% is boss battles won or something. Of course all all these numbers can be changed etc. Its just an idea to get out there so your total island level is just about placing blocks.

GiuseppePil likes this.
  3. SweatyDreamer

SweatyDreamer
    I like the idea of having skyblock island level being more that just the amount of blocks placed. With the community of skyblock players consisting a variety of player who range from builder to pvpers to gamblers, I think putting more emphasis on other areas such as pvp and quests may diversify the gameplay and make it even more enjoyable. Many players already grind mobs and farm crops to get money and spawners, but the group of players who pvp are a minority with those who do quests being an even smaller group. A newer systemthat focused less on the placing levels and was a bit more focused towards other events and quests would be very cool.

4. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    Don't make skyblock a braindead mode please, I strongly disagree with the virtual level/blocks storage suggestion. Grinder designs and systems made by players should always have priority.
    The block wand would be a nice idea.
    As for spawners dropping sponges/diamonds, I don't see the point. Silverfishes are perfect rn cuz they offer high investment return and are complete aids to place cuz they aren't dense levelwise. So its a good tradeoff between manual labour to place and high returns. If you add a spawner to drop dias and sponges you should make it absurdly expensive and punish the laziness of people to not place by making it horrible.

Also kill alt2win, If you need help with it dm me on discord. (Killing alt2win will make your server p2w, just warning you)

5. SweatyDreamer

SweatyDreamer
    I respect your position on the virtual vault/storage but I think adding diamond spawners should become a necessity if the server become non alt to win. Before I continue, I also agree that alt to win should be removed as it has become a competition not of how much you grind on one account or how much you pay irl, but who has the best computer and who has the most accounts to run at the same time. If it wasn't possible to mass place levels with alts with the current emerald block meta, it would require teams to spend double maybe even triple the amount of time to get to the current is levels that the top islands are at. If they eliminate alt to win by putting an alt cap like they did in factions, the more costly spawners would be crucial for players to reach higher levels.

stampyrhodes likes this.
  6. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    6 alts without jump boost are equal in speed as 1 account manually placing, this isnt about speed but about how lazy u tryna be. So if you have a full 10man team dedicated and all hand placing thats equal to 60 alts placing. do the math, alt2win for level placing isnt so powerful, as for farming, sure.

7. xShamelessSenpai

In my opinion as well I personally like the idea of adding a new spawners, but I think something new needs to be added or something to spice it up.

I think by putting the server on a newer version would help a lot because having those types of spawners actually mess up the economy no one can really afford and thing unless they have snow golems or silver fish spawners to sell people or a lot of alts. By upgrading the server version would introduce new blocks to help out the economy
    Of course it doesn’t have to be on the newest version but on one that allow players to have the opportunity to use new blocks and access to new ways to make money

8. SweatyDreamer

SweatyDreamer
    I completely disagree with you. As a server based on grinding and manual farming, introducing a newer version of minecraft to Skyblock will not change anything. Manual farming through harvest hoes has become the way of making manual money and spawners are the way of making automatic money. Most if not all different methods of automatic farming has become disabled as redstone in skyblock has been made to not work for any sort of automatic crop farms. Since automatic crop farms are disabled, the only way of making money is to manually grind. Farming does not matter what version you are, however for those who choose to grind mobs any version other than 1.8 would make grinding mobs extremely difficult. In addition most if not all of the pvp players will leave if the pvp is 1.12 based.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.