RESET SG STATS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by c6sey, May 23, 2020.

1. c6sey

c6sey
    I’ve only been on MCC for about 2 months now and I feel like the SG servers need a fresh start. The leaderboards have the top 3 players coming in at 4K+ wins. I feel that if stats were reset and a new pre-game lobby was implemented maybe the server would get more SG players as there aren’t really any more solely focused SG servers anymore. I feel that MCC survival games could be way more popular with just a few tweaks and maybe even a point system. Gives people something to play for. I think a leaderboard reset should really happen though.

-c6sey

abbzyy likes this.
  2. abbzyy

abbzyy
    MCCSG is pretty popular at the moment, but I agree that there are many changes to be made in order to increase the player count. The last reset was years ago, so I think one is needed (but there is still a place to view old stats). MasterChheda once suggested adding a "seasonal leaderboard" if the all time one isn't cleared, which I think is a pretty decent idea. Although a lot of new people have started playing MCCSG in the last month or two (due to clans hopefully being revived), I haven't seen any new, frequent players since that. Most of my games consist of all of the same people. There's so much potential for MCCSG and getting a higher player count, and if the rumored reset really is true, I'm hoping all of our suggestions (there are a lot) are taken into account.

c6sey and notaspleen like this.
  3. forgranted

inhabited
    I also agree that SG needs some things done to change it and make it more popular(its already pretty popular, not neglecting that fact) however, I don't think a statistic reset would do it. I do agree that a new lobby is needed or at least a good idea. Overall, +0.5
    Best of luck.

4. olo_YT

olo_YT
    Maybe we could implement a monthly leaderboard, similar to skywars?

SplatBerry likes this.
  5. abbzyy

abbzyy
    There already is a monthly leaderboard for SG.

olo_YT likes this.
  6. Simplistiq

snoic
    Hey,

Personally I don’t like the idea of this, they give you a second chance to get on the monthly leaderboards to prove yourself. It also shows respect to the people that all work hard to grind their way up to the all time leaderboards. If they were gonna reset anything they would have to reset all the other stats. Which honestly doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Maybe soon they will reset all the stats give all the new players a chance. Overall, +0.5. Hope to see you around, have a nice day. Some other points you maid is a new waiting lobby would be a good idea! Hope to see that soon! However, you said sg isn’t as popular. I will have to disagree with you on that because I play late at night like 2 A.M for my time zone (MST U.S) and it is one of the only minigames running well.

Thanks,

#6 Simplistiq, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    c6sey likes this.
  7. ltself

ltself
    Hey, I believe there shouldn't be a reset to all time leader-boards at all, it would be fairly annoying to have them reset as all these top players have grinded for ages and would get no recognition for it. The server already has monthly leaderboards which gives newer players some sort of target to reach months at a time.

SplatBerry likes this.
  8. Pxrge

Pxrge
    I'd be pissed knowing that I worked 3 long years only to get stat reset and be forgotten like the OG's back in 2017. Unfortunately, things don't last forever and I'll probably lose those 3 years of hard work when the time comes. But the reality is, I'm happy knowing that I made a name for myself in the MCCSG community and I really have nothing to prove. I already set an impossible record for monthly SG wins, pulled off some insane clutches, and occasionally made some pretty big rivalries within this block game only to see that pixelated number rise on the leaderboards. It's kind of sad, but I hope they don't do a reset to stats.
    Hope you have a good one.
    - Pxrge

9. alaskapotatoes

alaskapotatoes
    I usually play with my friends in a party in sg and we aren't that competitive. I would love to see this reset as it totally would increase the member count and make the game more active. +1

c6sey likes this.
  10. Mxats

Mxats
    Hey there!
    I don't think this is a good idea because people played this game a lot, just like @Pxrge. They can't just take away all of the time they spent on MCCSG. If you'd like to get onto the leaderboards, grind for the monthly ones because it's not that the leaderboard players will lose all of their skill because of a stat reset. Even though something like this might happen on the minigames revamp, I still don't think this is a good idea.
    Best regards,
    Mats :)

Pxrge likes this.
  11. c6sey

c6sey
    hmm lets see ... you or a ton of a new members? cant decide which one i would want LMAO. no hate all bs aside the stat reset would benefit the server greatly and if you dont see that then i feel bad for you. More people, more money, better server.

12. Pxrge

Pxrge
    I'm not saying it's just me. There is so many people who sweat their ***(excuse the language) off to make a name for themselves on the leaderboards and you come to this server for 2+ months and automatically just want to wipe stats for people who've been playing for 2+ years. Plus, I don't see how it would increase player count as SG is doing fine at the moment with 150+ players on daily(not including the 100 fakeplayers). If they were to actually reset the stats, then the monthly players would grind for all time and it would flush the hours of grinding the people who are on leaderboards down the drain. "If you don't see that then I feel bad for you."
    Have a good one
    - Pxrge

#12 Pxrge, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  13. c6sey

c6sey
    ill bump this just because i can and i still agree with it.

14. Ankh

Ankh
    Honestly would rather see this "seasonal leaderboard" implemented instead of losing 3+ years of playing. Also care to explain how just clearing leaderboards and getting a new waiting lobby will make mccsg more popular??? Pretty sure people don't quit sg because of the pre-game lobby.

15. c6sey

c6sey
    Never said anything about people quitting SG. MCSG For example.. graveyard and ALL of the people who grinded their hearts out, got reset to 0 wins. What makes all of you people feel so entitled to keep your wins, like its been forever. Sincere congratulations on how many wins you all have gotten, its impressive. But sometimes things need a fresh start, making a new pre-game lobby and clearing stats would greatly improve the player count because everyone would be going for the #1 spot. I said it once and I'll say it again, if you CAN NOT see this, then I do feel bad for you. There could be a legacy leaderboard, or what not. Not forgotten.. But I think its time for a fresh start bro, everything has to come to an end SOMETIME.

-casey/c6sey
    <3

16. Ankh

Ankh
    Mate I work 4 days a week and can still hit top 15 on monthly on sg not even trying just playing with friends, you're clowning if you think I'm that obsessed with having high stats. They're a joke lmfao. I just don't want all that progress to disappear forever. This isn't a factions server that resets every other day "bro". Minigames have reset only once or twice in the entire duration of the server's existence. If they're gonna do it again least they could do is have a way to view past leaderboards.

And no clearing leaderboards without fixing any of the problems with the games themselves will not magically bring back thousands of players. You know who will be on leaderboards if they get cleared right this moment? Hackers, and no one else. Can literally fly bhop and speed and not get kicked lmao. Also takes like 2 days to get a report accepted so yeah they can easily make it onto fresh leaderboards.

Also who tf plays a game for the waiting lobby. For all I care they could bring back the original first ever waiting lobby

Pxrge and seekingattention like this.
  17. iiSean

iiSean_
    I kinda agree with this “Seasonal Leaderboard” but I was thinking more of a yearly leaderboard.
    If MCC was to reset mini games finally (which is a small chance) then I think they should add this

18. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Hi, the people at the top of the leader board have spent a ton of time on getting themselves there. This is a - 1 from me as I don't think it would accomplish anything

19. c6sey

c6sey
    Yes let’s keep the stale SG leaderboards up forever. What’s the fun in that, seeing the same people over and over again. I understand that the amount of wins each of them have took countless hours and days for that matter. But sometimes things need to have a fresh start, personally if I was at the top and had been sitting at the top for 2-3+ years I don’t see the fun in that. You had your glory of fame, reset the leaderboards intensify the community, let other people have that feeling that these players once had. So In saying this I have to give a -1 on your post as you don’t really have anything else to say that’s beneficial to this post disagreeing or agreeing.

- casey/c6sey
    <3

20. LeafyTiger24

LeafyTiger24
    Let's agree to disagree but its not going to happen anyway

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.