Plot advert solutions

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by Guwoq, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Guwoq

Obviously advertising plots is necessary for most players and it’s clearly overrunning chat. I was talking to another player, first he told me after asking staff about ads in chat it was a frank “no” to removing it. We then talked about how to advertise our plots in less annoying ways. To my knowledge you can ad in chat, on /ah, or by renaming items and dropping them on players. I thought of one way to fix this if possible to have a /shoplist or /plotlist command that would open a menu similar to /is top in SB and you could add a description to your plot, just like islands in SB. The only difference would be the point system being non existent, this is where I draw a blank. Would it be fair to order the ads in the menu based off player rank in the mines, or could it somehow be implemented to only be able put an ad in this menu once a day and it would constantly update due to plots advertising in different time zones. Simply put it could have pages like /is top and you could scroll but you would never have the chance to ad on front pages if you weren't top 25 or so. This could be another incentive to prestige and rankup. Also this could be something that cost the player money, 24 hour ad in the menu could cost around 50k per day, idk just throwing the idea out there! Let me hear some responses!

notaspleen likes this.
  2. notaspleen

notaspleen
    I think something like this would be a great idea. Plot advertising is obviously very necessary for shop owners, but it completely floods chat and makes it difficult to see other deals and generally communicate. I like your idea of replacing them with a shoplist, but a concern I can think of with this is that ranking it by richest users would make it impossible for new shop owners to draw any attention the way they can with chat. So I would support the latter where every so often plot owners could re-list their plots back to the top of the GUI, perhaps with lower cooldowns for higher ranks or even a reward from a key as a one time replacement. Overall I would definitely support an idea to get plot advertisement flooding under control. +1

Guwoq likes this.
  3. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    This is an interesting idea.
    Personally, I play more on p2, so there really isn't a chat advertising problem.
    I do agree that having people spam shops in chat is really annoying, but (I'm a shop owner in p2) without advertising in chat where everyone can see the advertisements, then there would be no way for people (e.g. my shop when I was a rookie last season) to know about shops. Even adding a shoplist wouldn't be beneficial if it gave adtime advantages to higher ranks, because there are often lots of smaller but sometimes good shops owned by rookie/coal/iron/gold players.
    I also notice that you have said that this could be something which the player has to spend money (e.g 50k) on. This can be a very big issue - e.g. immortal-ranked players with 15 spawners (at the start of this season from keys and irl money) can just flood ads through their alts (I know one person on p2 with something like 15 alts).
    I see where you are coming from, but I don't agree with your proposed solution. -1 from me (for the solution, not the advertising problem).

Guwoq likes this.
  4. Nikk

Axrp
    I like this idea.
    However, I don't see a clear enough solution to deal with it.
    If you elaborate on this idea with more thinking and how it would work more on the prison side then I would be able to give a +.

For now, I am going Neutral due to the fact that it is a good idea but more needs to be added towards it before it gets a +

Guwoq and notaspleen like this.
  5. sleepless

Sleepless
    As a Prison 1 player, I agree that the amount of plot advertisements is a major nuisance to see in chat - especially when people have chat bots to automate messages. I enjoy the idea of having a /plotlist command, but I don't think that the ranking solution is a probable fix. For new players, this would a way for them to interact and hopefully get some money off of players visiting their plots, but if it was Rank based, then no one would likely visit their plots, resulting it only being of use to the bigger sellshop owners. Additionally, since TP killing and plot deathtrapping is allowed and common on Prison, a lot of newbies use this technique to get items. Not to mention the amount of money they would make from scamming which they would never otherwise achieve if your solution was implemented. To exemplify, your solution would solve the amount of messages in the chat but would otherwise make it hard for new people to rank up because they would rarely be on the "front page."

Guwoq, BlockyBeach and Pinqed like this.
  6. tayhlor

tayhlor
    Hi! I agree with the chat flooding in prison. I'd say 70% of the chats are advertisements, but I do think advertising is an essential part of prison. I don't mind advertisements but since people are typing their message 2 times every 45 seconds I tend to not even read it. I know there is an /ignore but I feel like players shouldn't have 15+ players ignored because of how annoying the advertisements are, and like I said before advertisements are a crucial part of prison. To solve this problem, the chat rules in prison could be changed. For instance, a player can't advertise a shop/ plot 2 times in a row. The time in between each advertisement from the same person could possibly be changed as well.

I don't think there should be an order of ads based on your prison rank, because people with ranks start off with an advantage and it wouldn't be fair to lower ranks. I really like the list idea though. Instead of basing it off of prison ranks, maybe it could be based on the plots most visited/ rated the highest by others. Thank you for reading!

#6 tayhlor, Sep 15, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Guwoq likes this.
  7. Mikiih_

Heyo!
    I really liked this idea it is very useful mainly for players who have a shop but then I wanted to complement it with an idea ...
    Instead of being ranked by rank or paying the ad I think it should be:

° You must pay a fee for the registration

° After that what I think is better and a voting system for example
    if players already know your store and it’s good they’ll probably vote for it and so it will stay on top

° And what I think for this is a 'New Ads' tab
    that will have all the new ones and the ones that will be voted will go to the '' Top Voted '' tab

So this is my idea to complement this post <3

Discord:Mikiih_#0111

Guwoq likes this.
  8. BlockyBeach

BlockyBeach
    What if people pay others to vote for their ads? Someone with 500mil from spawners can easily tell a lot of rookies to vote for them for money, even if the shop actually sucks...

Guwoq likes this.
  9. Mikiih_

soo really, i didn't think about it and i don't see a solution for it

Guwoq likes this.
  10. Guwoq

I love all the feedback, I was trying to give the impression that I wasn’t quite sure how to do this lmao I wasn’t looking for +1’s but our minds to come together on a solution! I talked to a staff member, I can’t remember who it was but they were in p1 from factions while it was down, they said they were going to write a ticket up about it, possibly only allowing players to ad every 20 minutes or so! I’m not sure how that would work considering the ad is technically chat but hopefully it can be! Any more suggestions would be great! After some more thought when reading I can tell sorting them by rank is a no and I figured as much XD but I think a way around this would be a GUI menu that had the ad listing and a small description with the plot alias, you could upload your ad once every 24 hours and it just rotates based on when you posted, people play from all time zones which would mean it wouldn’t overload at certain times and even if it did the possibility of listing up to 15 plots on one page or even more could result in a fair amount on the front page. Also I don’t think all players would pick from the front page with knowledge that other plot ads could have been added hours before they logged on resulting in most players going through pages of the GUI

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.