Earn a free rank (coal) if gets to a certain level

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Ahnxious, Jul 7, 2020.

?

Do you agree

1. No

21.7%
  2. Yes

60.9%
  3. Maybe

17.4%
  1. Ahnxious

Emiies
    Honestly its about time...
    rookies haven't been getting the love they deserve

I feel everyone on the server should be appreciated no matter what rank they are. One player makes a bigger community. I've been noticing rookies haven't been getting the good stuff as other ranks do. This is totally understandable your paying money but rookies are also investing their time into this server as well. I feel like rookies should get more decent stuff and a little more recognition and respect. I've seen players in the lobby that are higher level than me 1000+ and they are rookies. I feel like in order to get a free rank coal they should be 1200+, this shows the player's dedication to the server. (This should act as a reward) When I was a rookie, I got more disrespected and unnoticed. That wasn't cool and I feel like that is disgusting, which is one of the main reasons I never play hypixel. (Only play MCCentral and the other server that im admin in) I feel like this would give rookies the hope of achieving a higher rank and will encourage more gaming time on this server. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lewklo and creeper7777777 like this.
  2. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    At the end of the day, Rookies putting in effort and dedication to the server does not benefit the network monetarily. While it may sound blunt, MCC really isn't gaining anything from players simply spending a lot of time on the server to rank themselves up through the levels. The point of the donation store is to raise funds that are necessary to offset the server's operating expenses, and there's no upside on MCC's end by giving away ranks for free to players. We definitely appreciate the fact that non-donators are so invested in our server and work hard, but "rewarding" them with a rank at no charge is monetarily unfeasible.

#2 Rev3rse, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    mcrcus, guih, Lewklo and 4 others like this.
  3. Eleung_musk

eleung
    Now, I agree with @Rev3rse. However, maybe we should not make the rank permanent. So I agree with both of you but I would suggest making the rank for like 1 week or 2 weeks maximum. This way, players kind of get a ‘free sample’ of what ranks can do, provided they have reached a certain level in minigames. However, the downside is it takes a Long time to grind minigames especially with hackers, so perhaps add this after the minigames revamp(it’s a rumour but...).

Now, you may be wondering, how does this help MCC profit monetarily? Well, the thing is, studies have proven that free samples do indeed work. I can’t show the links here but you can search up ‘
    Do free samples really work?’ Or something like that and you’ll get results. I think it’s a wonderful idea if it could be implemented the right way

Ahnxious likes this.
  4. guih

guihzy
    Take blazingpotato as an example
    He’s the highest ranked rookies (2500ish)
    Once he was bought coal rank and he submitted donation issue tickets to get rid of it
    Looking at the place we’re at right now, I feel that is unnecessary and that the owners should find solutions for the actual issues the server has (such as making a new anticheat etc)

Marco5py and Simplistiq like this.
  5. Eleung_musk

eleung
    What if they added like an option for you to choose? Like if we take our eyes off of the real problems for example and solely focus on this post

Ahnxious likes this.
  6. Lewklo

zaeuz
    Hey! I think it would be a great little addition; adding a way so that rookies can earn something and feel like they still have a reason to play the server. Coal rank is the lowest rank and it is literally just rookie but with a different prefix in chat with the lowest kit possible, although I don't think this is necessary in the long run. - As Rev3rse mentioned above, rookies don't benefit the server no matter how much they spend time playing on it, so meaning adding "free ranks" into the game would only minimise how much the server earns.

Technically, having a rank for a week would just simply be confusing and pointless. You don't get any advantages in mini-games aside from flying in the lobbies which is again, pointless. Yeah it's always good too work your way up to something, as mini games are pretty basic and you don't get any sort of reward out of them for playing them, but it really wouldn't be needed. In the end everyone just plays for fun, and it's on them if they want too buy a rank solely for mini-games like other players :)

The only real benefit you would get is a higher kit in sub-servers, and getting rewarded that by playing mini-games? It wouldn't really add up.

#6 Lewklo, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    mxbel likes this.
  7. guih

guihzy
    Either way I still feel like there are “priorities” atm.. idk maybe in the upcoming minigames revamp they add that if they have enough time to code it?

8. gingerbread2005

gingerbread2005
    While this is a really nice idea, sadly I dont think it would work
    This sounds pretty harsh and is similar to what Rev3rse said, but MC Central gain nothing from anybodies playtime. You playing on the sever gives them no monetary benefits and giving people a rank for free, no matter their playtime, is not good for business. MC Central need that money to keep the server running, pay staff and a host of other expenses. Removing just even that one income source of a free coal rank would still be a hit to their income, and therefore I don't feel it would be worthwhile for MC Central to do it.

9. 01i

01i

af ive heard idk if its true but mcc staff members does not recieve a paycheck from the owners

10. Eleung_musk

eleung
    You are correct. Staff members do not get paid any money to do what they do. It is on a voluntary basis and they do it to help out the community, not because of any pay involved.

11. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ima keep this simple, miss

this isnt mineplex -1
    dont see this being added
    if credits become something transferable maybe irl deals can happen w/i minigames and those types of players
    as of now, no.

good night
    [​IMG]

OriAlfi and Lewklo like this.
  12. fouffy

fouffy
    Rev3rse said mostly the entire problem into this situation. I feel like this would not be a good idea. However, there are ways you can win coupon codes to buy in the MCCentral store. One of them being participating in events, or winning UHC games, ect. We could eventually add more ways to earn currency to spend on the store, such as trading in maybe your credits in for a certain amount of money / codes. I think it would make players motivated to hop into minigames and make them more popular if they are wanting to work for a rank upgrade or a key or something. However, it would for sure cost a lot of credits as it does involve money, and the store, so it would need to compare to how motivated you are. Either way though, I don't think anything like it would be added, but it was a cute idea I thought of.

Rev3rse and guih like this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.