Dropping Harvest hoes

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by ChimkenWings, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ChimkenWings

Hi!

I just lost my harvest hoe to the void, and they cost a fortune to replace. Is it possible to prevent this from happening? I've seen this happen to other people, including my island mates and on factions (I know this is a skyblock discussion but it often happens there too).

The first option would be to not allow dropping it, and only allowing it to be traded/put on ah to give it to another player.

The second option would be to make a confirmation pop up, similar to spending large amounts in a ChestShopthat warns you, because people don't want to drop it most of the time.

Another thing is to make harvest hoes not despawn during clear lag.

Thanks,
    Ryan C.

Lewklo likes this.
  2. Lewklo

zaeuz
    Unfortunately theres nothing you can do to obtain this item back. And theres nothing the server does to prevent this from happening. I suggest you could switch the drop key around to something else while harvesting as thats an easy way you can prevent this from happening yourself.

I guess it's only your fault if you do end up dropping it in the void or loosing it to clear lag, although I do agree that with valuable items such as the harvest hoe, there should be a confirmation message if you drop it. Great idea, i'm sure this would save a lot of peoples concerns and issues with dropping it. I really hope this is added!

3. ItsDrakonz72

Drakonise
    I mean, that sucks, but that's totally your fault. Many people use them without dropping them into the void, and as a good precaution i always only give the HH through Island Chest.

4. 10Controls

10Controls
    Heya.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to get your item back.

I don’t see a need to make it preventable to drop your harvest hoe. The item is completely your responsibility and you need to be careful with these types of things.

A simple solution to prevent this issue is to change the drop item key. I personally have my drop item key set to “P” to prevent these types of things from happening.

Have a great day/night!
    ~ Sus

5. KierenBoal

KierenBoal
    Hey RyanC64,

The simple soloution to this, is be careful with your Harvest Hoe.
    Personally, I change my drop button so I don't accidenally drop mine.

I will note, that clearlag doesn't delete diamond items. However, Minecraft does eventually despawn any item if its left on the ground for a few minutes.

I always build a solid platform under my farm, so in the event that I somehow drop my Harvest Hoe, I can pick it back up without fear of loosing it.

6. ItsDrakonz72

Drakonise
    It's also a great motivation to build a huge melon farm below

7. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    Hey Ryan! You are a fellow Sb2 Player and as you know, Lots of sb2 people are losing there harvest hoes because they don't change there keybinds much, But, currentally there is nothing put into place to prevent this, So my recommendation for this is changing your drop button or unbinding it completely whilist farming or holding your harvest hoe! My Drop button personally is G and i have never accidentally pressed it! But, i Do think a Drop confirmation will help out in the future +1/2

8. olo_YT

olo_YT
    bruh i have it set to p when playing skyblock too lmao

9. Haylos

Haylos
    Hello there, as I said on another forum post very similar to this one, one simple way to change this is to change your ur q bind key to another key that you dont use for dropping items, thats pretty much that solution for it if youre not careful, its kind of a basic thing from skyblock playing, knowing that if you drop something to the void it will be gone forever. As Kieren said, something helpful would be building a platform all the way on the bottom of your island so when this situation occurs again you dont lose your items.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.