Dropping Harvest Hoe’s by accident

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by TeddyPrice, Jun 28, 2020.

?

Would this help you?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Yes and no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TeddyPrice

Hey, i think a good suggestion is to make a command where you have to press Q twice or just make it impossible to drop your harvest hoe. This was a struggle with me on Prisons when the reset came out (upgradable pics) and now its the same with harvest hoes on skyblock. I am making this thread because several people on skyblock agree with this idea and that it will help them. It takes away stress and worry from accidentally dropping possibly upwards to 30 hours of your work and to add harvest hoes currently are expensive and hard to find. One may argue that you can be more careful or just keep your eye on it, but when you are a hardcore farmer chances are you’re not staring down at your keyboard for hours while farming. You try to find whatever you can to distract you because its a very boring, but profitable task. For this reason you’re not 100% focussed and its easy just to accidentally press Q. And since this is skyblock its not like you always have a huge platform underneath you to catch the tool. I think theres a way in settings to disable your Q button, but then this would be a hassle when you need to drop anything else intentionally. Im not much of a coder so i dont know if this is possible or not, but a lot of skyblock players will appreciate this, im sure of it. Please take this suggestion into consideration and modify it if you must. Thank you

Edit: i just thought about something like /lock hand , not sure lol ok bye

Edit 2: i just talked with my friend and he said it would be very usefull in pvp too, one thing i forgot to mention is when you’re farming/pvping you are your a, s, w and d buttons a lot which is close to ur Q button which is why when you’re tired you can mistaken it for one. Sorry if you have made it this far and read it all.

#1 TeddyPrice, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    trip_v2, olo_YT and AISystem like this.
  2. AISystem

There is nothing worse than spending hours grinding to get a harvest hoe for you or one of your island members using it for them to accidentally drop it into the void and you being set back around 1mil. So definitely a +1 from me.

TeddyPrice likes this.
  3. forgranted

inhabited
    Hey there! This is a good idea, but a -1 for me.
    Here is why:
    1. I agree that this sucks and most of the times(if not all)it is an accident. However, if you accidentally drop your sword in Skyblock pvp, you don't just get it back. Yes it is a mistake, but you were the one who made it and whoever picked it up or if you lost it, shouldn't have to pay or makeup for your mistake.
    2. Use the hoes only when you need to. If you are just constantly holding your harvest hoe while you fly around your island or are doing other things, then you have a higher chance of losing it. If you set a key bind for the slot that you put your hoe in, then it is extremely unlikely to accidentally go to it and drop it. Basically, only use it when farming crops, and the second you done with it, switch inventory slots immediately to prevent and accidental drop.
    3. Change the drop key to something you will never click on while using a harvest hoe. Or you could even just trade items with island members through the island chest if it was that big of a deal. Just be safe as it is an extremely valuable item.
    Best of luck.

#3 forgranted, Jun 28, 2020
    Devon likes this.
  4. Devon

sadsy
    I have to disagree with this for a very good reason. My main reason being responsibility. Once you purchase an item or buy keys to get an item, it is in your care from that point on. If you drop it, accidentally sell it, get scammed and don't record, or simply misplace it, that is your responsibility. I know I sound like kind of a douche for saying this, but please be mindful of your items and their worth, and try not to lose or misplace them. If you are really worried about this while farming just disable your drop key or set it to something you will never press and change it back later. If you drop it into the void, or accidentally ah it, you can't really do anything, though if you are doing a deal you have a couple of options like getting a MM to host the deal or recording the session. I hope this helped you and maybe put a few ideas or thoughts into your head, thanks for reading.

forgranted likes this.
  5. Haylos

Haylos
    Hey, as much as I get your point I have to agree with what Forgranted said, it´s a Vanilla Minecraft thing, one thing I could recommend you to do would be maybe changing your drop bind key to another key you dont use oftenly, that way you will get used to use another key and wont accidentally click on Q and drop your valuables

forgranted and Devon like this.
  6. TeddyPrice

Hey thanks for everything you said, one thing that i might have not mentioned is that this isn't something to do with the auction house, trades or anything like that so i dont know where that came from, its to do with hard farm work. I think this does have some responsibility issues connected to it, but its NATURAL so this is why i want this command, it helps a lot of people. If you have ever farmed for literally 10 hours in a row you will then understand how easy it is to drop items or click unintentional buttons. I think its good to update servers to help the players and make it easier to play so if this will help 1 out of 100 players then so be it. There will come a time where if this server doesn't, another will and thats the reason servers lose players. Commands are there to help you and theres many commands that you can technically play without, but this doesn't mean they dont help you. The reason why i KNOW this command will help hard working players is because i remember in prisons people literally unbinding keys out of fear of dropping their pics, those same people would LOVE this command.

thinking about this now i dont think i got my point across: if un responsable people are dropping their tools, then we need something to help them not drop them and to better their gameplay. Suggestions are to help people and this right here would help the people without much responsibility about their items and tools.

#6 TeddyPrice, Jun 28, 2020
  7. TeddyPrice

Hey lol i knew someone was going to say something along these lines, like i said in my original suggestion FARMERS ARE ALWAYS USING THEIR HARVEST HOE, i use my harvest hoe for hours and same with other people. I of course put my harvest hoe away when im not using it, but the problem is: im almost using it lol. When you are doing the same boring thing over and over and over again you try to find things that can occupy that boring task like listening to music, calling friends or reading chat. While doing this you’re not really aware of exactly what you’re doing. So i dont exactly agree with your argument because its not like we are dropping the tools when we’re not even farming. Thanks though because hopefully this will clarify others with the same thoughts.

8. TeddyPrice

Thanks this makes a lot of sense, but not every person knows how to bind keys. When i first started Minecraft i barely knew how to turn off clouds never mind bind the keys that i am use to playing with. This would also mess up the way you play, for example i have played Minecraft for a very very very long time and every single time i have played i have used the same keys so changing one of the original keys just for a singular Minecraft server to avoid dropping an item seems like a bit much. They should include a command and this can help people all over sky block and prisons.

9. forgranted

inhabited
    I get this point, but it still goes back to, it is your responsibility. Like I said above, others shouldn’t have to make up for your mistake especially when you were careless enough to not change slots in your inventory or change keybinds. It is still a -1 for me and I don’t see this being added despite it being a good idea.

10. Devon

sadsy
    I was talking about the ways that you could lose your HH to make it more aware that it is your responsibility. If I gave 1 reason, it wouldn't sound like a plausible thing that happens. Though I do see where you are going with this, thanks for telling me. When it comes to the topic "responsibility" I believe everyone should learn it in-game and in real life. If you can't take care of something and have to rely on others, or commands, that makes you dependent on others. The main goal in life is to eventually become independent and be able to do things yourself efficiently. This is Minecraft so idk if it really applies here, but in my eyes, people will still complain about losing items if they accidentally forget to turn it on, etc, and just report a bug that they "lost their items when this command didn't work."

forgranted likes this.
  11. ltself

ltself
    Hey, sorry for what happened. However, I do agree with everyone else that have mentioned how it is your responsibility when you hold items. I also am not with the idea of having the idea you suggested with pressing Q twice. Just try and find a way where you are able to not drop items, and just overall learn from your mistakes. Personally, I have never really dealt with this issue but I remember I have dropped a sword in SG before which costed me a death. That does not mean its the servers fault for lacking features or whatsoever.

forgranted likes this.
  12. JDelii

JDelii
    Hey teddy,

This could be a very useful thing would stop me from losing harvest hoes lmao
    Changing your drop key is also a good idea. but either way.

+1

13. TeddyPrice

Hey i totally understand this, but one thing i must clear up is that i never said that the server is lacking something and its their fault if i drop my tool. This is just a SUGGESTION not something that i am demanding. Most of the active farmers i know on skyblock agree with my suggestion, so i think its something that you need experience with to understand why this command would be helpful.

ltself likes this.
  14. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey TeddyPrice,

I agree with you on the fact the dropping your harvest hoe and losing it to the void or to clear lag is infuriating; I did it a few times myself. Yes, it was on accident but one should be accountable for such actions. You can try swapping your drop key around or when not using it to place it in another spot in your inventory.

Have a good day/night.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.