What's your average CPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jowhk, Jun 21, 2020.

1. jowhk

jowhk
    What's your average CPS? I butterfly click and I have a glorious model O - I get around 12 average CPS. How about you? How do you click, what's your CPS and what mouse do you have? (if you use a trackpad - state it)

forgranted likes this.
  2. seretinsky

eyerolls
    I have some random mouse which I bought off amazon. I get 9 normal click and about 14 butterfly. The most CPS I’ve ever got was 28

3. olo_YT

olo_YT
    6-7. PLEASE someone dm me (oli#3045) and teach me how to click fast. It lets me down in a lot of fights.

4. Lewklo

zaeuz
    i think my average is around like 7 on trackpad !!! so i consider that really good. and i think my highest with mouse is like 9 or 10 idrk.
    the second i started using my mouse rather than trackpad to pvp i realised how stupid i was not too use it, but anyways :p

jowhk likes this.
  5. jowhk

jowhk
    Damn what! 7 cps on a trackpad! That's actually amazing haha

Amvya and Lewklo like this.
  6. Tqzz

Tqzz
    I get like 7CPS, didn't really get myself into pvp much and usually played creative/skyblock on a different server :)

7. ImaBucketBoy

ImaBucketBoy
    I get like 8 cps, the highest I've gotten is 25 cps idk how I even did that.

8. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    I average 16+ cps my highest ever is 23, I see everyone else saying that they hit like 25+ but they can't do that in actual pvp.

9. khoah

khoah
    Hey
    I usually click, 7 - 10 cps, the most I've ever clicked was 14.

10. forgranted

inhabited
    I have the exact same set up as you @jowhk and I hit a 20-25 cps in combat but when I am grinding mobs and such, I hit 30+ sometimes. If you want my settings, to try and help, I would be glad to send them to you.

11. seekingattention

seekingattention
    Just so everyone knows: aim > cps. If you wanna be good, you need to prioritize your aim and make sure you know how to aim well before you begin worrying about clicking fast. It's no secret that most top players all click relatively fast (10+) but it's also no secret that their aim is extremely accurate. There's no point in being able to click 20 if you can't do anything with it. I normal click around 6-9 and I'm able to keep up with good players who click fast because my aim is pretty good.

As for tips on how to actually improve your click speed, you can try jitterclicking, or butterflying, or just get a mouse better designed for clicking if you don't have one already. Some people can normal click up to 10 cps as well, which is pretty good. It all comes down to personal preference. There's plenty of tutorials on youtube for these methods. I'm not the person to go to for clicking advice (like I said earlier I click relatively slow compared to most of the pvp community) but if you want to try dabbling with these, I would definitely suggest that you adjust your sensitivity so your aim doesn't get ruined while trying to force your CPS up

AZXG and Fatyl like this.
  12. Simplistiq

snoic
    I click about 15 cps with the glorious model o. But what seeking attention said is valid. I click good cps, yet i’m mot amazing. But I do click around 15 cps if i’m butterflying.

13. Zonafer

Zonafer
    I have the Logitech G203 (I can't deal with fancy mice) and get about 8-9 CPS when I'm playing. No butterfly or jitter, just regular.

14. AZXG

AZXG
    My right hand can only click normally with 5-7 CPS. My left hand can butterfly and get an average of 10-14 CPS. I only use one hand to control the mouse when I PvP by the way, if that's not clear LOL.

I've seen people saying CPS doesn't matter, but that is not right. There are some hits that I can only get when I use my left hand. For right hand, it's simply not happening since the CPS is low. However, as @seekingattention has said, aiming is more important, since you won't do any damage at all if you don't hit the opponent.

@olo YT CPS really depends a lot on the body and if you don't get high CPS after months and months of hard work, then it's possible that it's just never going to happen. I'm not sure how long you have tried to improve your CPS, but if it's not happening after months, then maybe it's time to consider either improving other PvP skills, like aiming, strafing, or using a different hand to control the mouse (only if you REALLY really want high CPS and the other hand does have a higher CPS).

olo_YT, Fatyl and forgranted like this.
  15. Fatyl

I personally get 7-9 CPS on my normal click. If I butterfly click I can get about 10 - 12, and if I jitter I can get anywhere from 10 - 14. I normal click because I aim the best, and I think aim is better then CPS any day. I use a Razer Naga Trinity, don't own a mouse pad.

Going off of what AZXG said CPS does really just depend on if you hit the person or not, but what I see is if you can aim with more then 9+ CPS you can get more hits in and longer combos. If we are talking about improving your CPS there's many videos on Youtube, or you can just talk to people, and there's many strategies to get more clicks in like butterfly clicking, Drag clicking, jitter clicking, the list goes on.

And going off of what SeekingAttention said yeah Aim > Clicking any day, if you wanna keep up with good players who can click fast or take pride in having a high CPS over aim, for example the dudes who completely destroy everybody in sumo, then I'd practice clicking more, but aim is a much more important skill when it comes to competitive game, and aim is really good because if you ever give up on Minecraft then you'll be good at literally every other game ever.

The people who get like over 15 CPS usually have double click mouses and here's tons and tons of mouses on the market, such as the Glorious Model O or Glorious Model D that are made for clicking faster, they come with software that allows you to enable double clicking, which is how a lot of people do to get more then 15 + CPS. I don't say people who have these mouses do that, but most of the time that's how they get higher CPS. I know Red Dragon mouses, and some Logitech mouses are good for double clicking. If you really want to improve your CPS I'd recommend a red dragon mouse, they're cheap, super easy on your hands, they have a good size, they have a good versatility in functions, and the older ones double click.

16. Condescendence

Condescendence
    When I normal click, I get anywhere from 6 to 10. When I butterfly, I get anywhere from 10 to 22. I am currently using the logitech g403 and I gotta say it's really satisfying to butterfly with. I'm thinking of purchasing a glorious model D for the lighter feel.

Fatyl likes this.
  17. Fatyl

They're awesome mouses, one of my IRL friends have one and he really recommends them. They're great for higher CPS n they're easy on your hands!

18. kryfex

kryfex
    Hii!
    Okay so, I used to Jitterclick 13-14 cps constantly, then my friend recommended that I should start butterfly clicking, so I gave it a try. At first I got 14-15. I practiced a lot in the past year or so, it helped me practice breezily/moon walk bridging with no difficulties. Now I get 19-21 constant. Also my mouse is (razer deathadder).

19. Cefr

Cefr
    I just use the model O. I know a lot of people who double click with it and I can too. I never do it though because in bad at butterfly clicking. I get 5-6 cps, but I keep up with the competition only because I have pretty good aim. If I could get better cps with my current aim I think I would be one of the better players, but the higher cps you get the harder to aim it is. So I'm probably going to stick with normal clicking and work to improve that. My highest cps has been 13 jitter clicking, but I am able to get 12 cps double normal clicking but because it's a double click without double clicking it's almost as good.

-Cefr the low cps chicken

20. ltself

ltself
    Hey, I normally click 10-13 by doing a two finger claw grip jitter and I use my pinkie to block. I don’t know why I have done this but I have adapted to it and it feels very comfortable. I have a Logitech g502 and the adjustable weights in the mouse enable me to have steady and smooth aim.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.