Enchanting is Overpowered

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firebal676, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Firebal676

Firebal
    Firstly, enchanting is something that has been in MC-Central's survival games since it's release. It is no surprise that some players (like myself) can manage to become so overgeared in just a matter of a few minutes.

Not everything shown has to do with enchanting however, but a lot of the clips are shown with overpowered enchantments.

Will anything be done to counter these enchantments? What do you guys think?

KevTheKaio likes this.
  2. Reeme

Reeme
    Hey Firebal676,

I can see where you are coming from, and I find myself in a similar situation. I would like to see something be done (it might be unfair to others if you get where I am coming from).

3. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    I fully agree, imagine being a new player to MCC with some solid knowledge of SG. You have some kills to your pocket, a diamond helmet, and the rest, a full set of iron with a diamond sword. But unfortunately for you, you find a lvl 1k with better loot than you and lvl 30 enchants and they 5 hit you. Isn't quite fair in my opinion and would easily back away new players from SG, this is why I didn't play SG when I first joined MCC, it just wasn't playable with high level players dominating the newer playerbase.

Departition_ likes this.
  4. Condescendence

Condescendence
    I definitely feel like something should be done about the enchantments. One knowledgeable player could become insanely stacked within a minute and sweep the rest of the lobby without breaking a sweat. There should be some sort of a cap to the level of enchants you can apply to armor or weapons in my opinion.

5. LuvApink

Agreed 100%

6. TheKingOfTurtlez

TheKingOfTurtlez
    Clap clap, Great content

7. Firebal676

Firebal
    They have suggested setting the enchantment limit to 1 level. However, this can block some enchantment tables on some of the maps, which I feel like has not been addressed.

Exactly, imagine a new player joining. Their experience would be terrible (kinda like kit pvp?)

Thanks man! More will come soon =)

8. majormotor

SippinJimmy
    The enchanting mechanic could definitely use a rework. Rn we have these meta slaves rushing the enchant room at the start of the match and getting super geared 5 mins into the game. Thats not how SG is supposed to be played at all, SG at its core is a game about collecting loot and using it to survive and kill the other players. Using RPG style mechanics that are super easy to exploit just ruins the whole style of gameplay that SG is supposed to be imo.

EssentialsPlus likes this.
  9. Firebal676

Firebal
    Exactly, hopefully whenever the minigame revamp happens the enchanting issue will go away. I think the community agrees that it is quite horrendous.

10. Sarrrcasm

Sarrcasm
    I agree with all the statements above and maybe they should remove anvils on some maps as you can easily craft a better sword and don’t necessarily need overpowered enchanting table. I think sharpness 1 already is a great advantage in the game.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.