Complaining Because We Care

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pxrge, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Pxrge

Pxrge
    Hello everyone who is reading this thread,

Majority of the time, I see people complaining on the forums and most of it is about the anti-cheat, lack of updates, etc. (the usual stuff). A lot of people go off on these kids by giving them the good old "Hey, the staff team is trying their hardest and putting their time in order to prevent hackers from ruining your gameplay experience and if you feel a player should be punished then report here(insert link). Hope you have a nice day/night! <3"

Let's get one thing straight. If there wasn't a garbage anti-cheat, then staff wouldn't have to spend as much time catching these low life hackers and their wouldn't be as many people complaining on the forums about the anti-cheat. Also, the people complaining about the anti-cheat are most likely aware of how to report players, but don't do it because they've lost will power to do so.

Anyways, I didn't come here to just talk about the anti-cheat, but about the meaning of complaining. Obviously, complaining too much can become irritating, especially if what you are complaining about an issue that has been brought up several times in the past. And it is very easy for complaining to turn into gossip, so we must all watch out for allowing our complaining to become negative and destructive.

Here's a tip for people in the future if you're going to complain about a server issue or anything else not just in minecraft, but in our daily lives. Complaining effectively is about paying attention to who or what you are complaining about. If you are complaining about everything to anyone who will listen, people may start to avoid you. But done in the right way, with the right consideration, the people on the forums can see that you actually care.

Lastly, it can be helpful to remind ourselves that the goal is to have an honest and open discussion, not to attack, insult, or hurt anyone. I really hope this made a positive difference in someone's social skills and will promote more healthy discussions in the future not just in MCC forums, but overall life.

Hope you all have a good one.
    - Pxrge

stiva, khoah, Pinkapie and 3 others like this.
  2. Devon

sadsy
    Yeah, I've seen a bit of people who go all out on people when we all are just trying to fix or talk about a current problem or event that is happening, which kind of turns the topic into how toxic the person is and overall ruins the discussion. I understand not everyone can stay on topic and tend to stray away from the set idea that the post it about. People like @RegentAgent are really good at staying on topic and helping out each post to the best of their ability, and that's what I like about them. I completely agree with you that people need to complain effectively instead of making themselves look dumb. This post should be seen by everyone who makes a forum post because it will probably effect their approach on a certain topic. Thanks for writing this out at 2:30AM haha :>

Deleted member 254 and Pxrge like this.
  3. Departition_

Hey, the staff team is trying their hardest and putting their time in order to prevent hackers from ruining your gameplay experience and if you feel a player should be punished then report on the forums. Hope you have a nice day/night! <3

4. Repo

Canc3r0usYT
  5. aurals

TheDeath0001
    My personal take on this topic is that I truly don't believe that complaining about the issue will fix much - it's already been heavily proven that the people able to make a difference truly don't care. After years of people being able to speed around on Alaskan Village or fly to the other flag in CTF with no effort, I can't even imagine the amount of complaints that have been received without change.
    In regards to this - I've never seen a server with this amount of desperate minimods on the forums. It also boggles my mind how these people believe that their generic responeses are a) helping anyone, or b) going to get them staff. Unfortunately, some of them do, which just shows me how incompetent some staff are on here. Of course not all, because I know some staff that do their job well, but I'm glad you made this thread, I'm glad there are people who genuinely want a better future and a solution to the extremely large handful of problems that are prevalent on the server, as opposed to those who post generic responses that quite frankly nobody cares for or sees as helpful.

Pxrge likes this.
  6. Pxrge

Pxrge
    Yo,

I appreciate your response man and you really spoke truth. I hope the future for MCC is bright and that people can bring change rather than bring more staff in to do their day to day duties for the last several years. Thanks for taking the time to write a response.

Have a good one mate.
    - Pxrge

7. Pxrge

Pxrge
    O_o future helper right here

Departition_ likes this.
  8. Devon

sadsy
    lmao

Pxrge likes this.
  9. Invader

[QUOTE="aurals, post: 208888, member: 1531]"it's already been heavily proven that the people able to make a difference truly don't care.[/QUOTE]

Now, there is an issue with that statement right there. It's not that the Administrators are not trying, it's that the owner is refusing. @Teddzy has tried her absolute best trying to push an anti-cheat fix/resolution but she's always been letdown by Alex. There can be a lot of changes made if Alex just listened and actually pushed out a fix. Again though, the anti-cheat is being worked on by QA, specifically by Kieren & Jermery. Now I do agree, we really want to things changes, especially when it comes down to minigames but it's really down to time to tell for that to be released and fixed. For now, we're going to have to deal with the on-going issue of cheaters (since this is a problem that'll never be fixed for any server) and lack of updates to minigames.

Not sure if this would technically be leaking staff information but I'll say it anyways. When I was apart of Forums Team, our goal was to collect all map submissions and post them to the trello board. With this, Markey would give his comments on them but that never happened. All I know is that Markey still has the trello with all the Map Submissions by Myself and the previous Forums Team but it just seems as if there will not be updates to minigame maps. Going back to the topic, complaining is never a bad thing. It just brings more notice to the situation at hand, especially since we care about the matters, I care about minigames and always have tried my best in my previous power to push things to being added.

MasterChheda likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.