Skywars Spawnpoints

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by 6hb, May 3, 2020.

1. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Hey everyone!

Recently I've been playing a lot of skywars in a party with @Elecctricc (ily) and we have noticed that if you are in a party together you spawn on islands next to each other.

My suggestion is that party members should not spawn next to each other in skywars. I believe that having party members spawn next to each other encourages cross teaming especially with newer players. It also gets to the point where party members are consistently killing each other at the start of the game when it would be a lot more fun to fight them mid/end game.

What does everyone think? Leave your feedback below!

Hope everyone is having a good day/night,
    6hb (jake)

2. puposaurus

puposaurus
    OMG! yes i +1
    periodt.

i think another benefit wouldbe to prevent people from looking like theyre cross teaming when they just want to go to some ranDo's island to kill themfirst, but their party friends are both their neighboring islands it's kinda hard to not kill them yk

anyways have a greaat day

6hb likes this.
  3. 6hb

6hb

6hb
    Yep! I completely agree. I can't even count the amount of times I've been called out for 'cross teaming' because I don't want to kill cutie @Elecctricc first for like the 1000000th game in a row.

4. kuieren

kuieren
    Hey there!
    I 100% agree with your idea, I play SSW with my friends all the time and the amount of times they get pissed at me cuz I pushed them in the beginning of the game is quite astonishing xd. This will also reduce the amount of cross teamers on the server since the players' islands wouldn't be as close to each other, so they would have to fight/travel a substantial amount before reaching their friends.
    +1

6hb likes this.
  5. nonRacist

nonRacist
    Heya.

Change like this could be a nice little update to sw, seeing that more than couple people like to play solo with friends.
    I kind of understand it as going against your friend(s) and testing who can outdo the other one can be fun.

At this moment which island you are placed on works the same way your spawn point near middle works on hunger games.
    You spawn by the join time, and obviously if you are in a party and you join a lobby you usually join one after another.

I think the easiest way of making this said change would be to completely randomize the island people join.
    Which doesn't really sound that hard to do, let me know if you think of easier ways.

+1 from me (:

-Atte/nonRacist.

6. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    What a lovely idea! I'm awfully surprised that it wasn't added sooner as crossteaming is one of the more reported things in my opinion. It actually makes the game become quite stagnant when constantly versing your party member as when one of them is better at pvp than you, you are almost guaranteed to constantly die to them....

7. Druze

DRUZE
    Why yall playing ssw in a party? Tf

8. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    Verse each other, don't usually have to put up with teaming and have faster games. Personal preference and I assume yours differs to ours :)

9. Swinger

Swinger
    I honestly think this is a non-issue. It's not that hard not to cross team when playing SSW even when partied; just turn to the island on the opposite side to your friend's island, and rush that instead. Or better yet, try and kill each other right off the bat. There is a very obvious, bright red warning message that explicitly tells people not to cross team. It's your choice to party, and it's an especially weird game-mode to party up in, so you just have to deal with the fact that you will be spawning next to a teammate every game. Don't try to completely change the system dictating the spawn points in an attempt to discourage something that is both already heavily (and obviously) discouraged and easily avoidable.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.