Explosive Arrows in Skywars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingMjolnir, May 2, 2020.

?

If the choice was available, would you vote to remove the explosive arrow rank?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KingMjolnir

KINGMJOLNIR
    Honestly skywars is a pretty fun game mode. It's one of the only things i play on the server because the playing field is usually fair and for the most part balanced. Until someone with an explosive arrow rank comes to ruin that fair match-

Now i know it's something that is paid for and most likely cannot be removed because of my previous statement but sheesh. It makes the game very uneven because all the player has to do is spawn with a bow and that's it. That player can wipe out two others swiftly before anyone can take anything out of the chests.

Just a vent post.

Thank you.
    King

HJXZ likes this.
  2. Swinger

Swinger
    I think you're overblowing it a little bit; I can still kill you off spawn with a normal bow, I just need to be good with my shots. Plus, after playing for a while, armour is very easy to get and put on quickly to stop that from happening. Not to mention a large chunk of the maps in rotation are built so you can't shoot someone off the bat. I wouldn't remove explosive arrows, as they're an interesting and fairly accessible donation perk which doesn't alter how you play the game hugely. In fact, there's as much downside as there is upside with the lack of knockback they do on direct contact.

HJXZ, Tennente, Secult and 1 other person like this.
  3. KingMjolnir

KINGMJOLNIR
    You make some very good points and i can understand where you're coming from. I agree with you, Thank you

HJXZ likes this.
  4. Klarissa

klarrissa
    i wouldnt want to remove the explosive arrows in Skywars. It is there as an advantage for people who have purchased a rank on the server. i get it does make people mad when they die from it but it is and should stay.

HJXZ likes this.
  5. Sifiny

Its a little broken in my opinion. If anything I think a smaller explosion would be nice. Or at least a little nerf.

HJXZ likes this.
  6. MicroSquid

MicroSquid
    Hello,
    Explosive arrows are one of the few minigames perks for donators, and there is plenty of ways for them to not be useful. Explosive arrows don't deal knockback, however, if you jumped the explosion would cause a minor boost. Explosive arrows also can only destory softer material blocks such as wood and dirt compared to cobble, which cant be destroyed with the arrows. Overall they are fairly balanced and most likely wont be removed for these reasons alone.

HJXZ and FourNut like this.
  7. FourNut

FourNut
    Hey,
    I do not agree with this. The explosive bow doesn't really give too much of a boost besides the fact that it explodes. The explosive arrow is good for destroying dirt, knocking players etc, but the normal bow actually does a lot more damage. If you are good with your shots, the normal bow can be fatal, and to be honest the explosive bow isn't all that powerful. You do not take knockback damage from explosive bow (unless jumping), and with armour on it takes around 4+ shots to kill someone with the explosive arrow. The normal bow does give knockback when shot, it can be much more precise, and it can be easier to kill people with. To be honest, this should not be removed. There are also other ways of getting much better armour, getting better at bridging to kill neighboring islands quicker. You can also TNT jump to middle to get better armour. You can also just buy a rank like most people to get the Explosive Arrow.

-FourNut

HJXZ likes this.
  8. majormotor

SippinJimmy
    I use the explosive arrow bow regularly and honestly all it takes is for someone to put on armor in the beginning and bridge with cobblestone instead of dirt and my arrows won't do much to them at all. They're really easy to counter.

HJXZ and MicroSquid like this.
  9. nonRacist

nonRacist
    Heya

This has been talked about before in older forums, and some people are with it, some people are against it.
    The idea most people agreed upon is that explosive arrows
    could be toggleable after the rank you get them.

Basically /explosive or something similar before joining a game, to toggle it off or on, by default it would be on ofc.
    easy, simple. people who want to use them can, and people who don't can toggle them off.

I mostly use explosive arrows on sw against hackers, but i would love to toggle it off myself
    because explosive arrows if hit directly don't deal a lot of kb, normal arrows do.
    (compared to explosive ones)

I would love to see this implemented but staff has known about this idea for a while and it is still not a reality,
    so it leads me into believing it's not going to be added, sadly.

-Atte/nonRacist

HJXZ likes this.
  10. HJXZ

roddyszz
    I think you were a little bit exaggerated, or what should be done is a person to choose whether or not to use an explosive arrow

11. Kremis

I personally think the explosive arrow doesnt offer too much of an advantage, its fine how it is

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.