what are some things i can do during quarantine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usuallyrose, Apr 13, 2020.

1. usuallyrose

_wildirishrose
    It's been about a month since this lock down started and besides doing school work I have nothing much to do, so I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions of things to do, all this quarantine stuff is very weird to me.

GLOCKPRINCESS likes this.
  2. Rev3rse

Rev3rse
    I think it's super important to continue exercising during this time, as we are less active by not being at school/outside/etc. I like to go on a bike ride everyday and do at-home workouts that gyms and fitness instructors are posting through social media. I also have been learning to cook and bake more, which is a fun and delicious way to pass the time!

Also - please make these types of non-MCC related threads in the Off-Topic Forum.

3. usuallyrose

_wildirishrose
    Baking definitely is something I could have a go at, I'm not a very active person but I could try it. I will also try to put non-MCC topics in the off-Topic Forum. Thanks for the suggestions!

4. Elecctricc

Elecctricc
    I've tried doing something that I haven't done before- Origami! I'm awful at it but I mean with practice I'll get better! Positive mindset!:) Maybe try giving it a go too!
    I'm sure there's a book laying around that we've all never touched; in my case there's a book called "Astrophysics for people in a hurry" by Neil Degrasse Tyson that I've been reading and enjoying! :)

I think it's quite funny how this lockdown brings out sides of me that I would never think- I usually just play on my computer, do some photoshop and then go for a bike, however now I've been doing all these different hobbies that I probably never would have done had this not happened !

InsaneIsMyName likes this.
  5. Imkind

Axct
    You should keep working out these days. Also I think you should study for the school! xD

6. davey

Dadvey
    Studying for school could help in case you're having issues with any areas of work. Working out is also great, going for runs as an example. Other than that, I recommend watching a lot of Netflix as well.

usuallyrose likes this.
  7. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    i think that this is a really good time to try things that you've always wanted to try but have maybe been too busy to do so. some things i've been doing this quarantine are baking, focusing on school work, gaming, reading, & painting.

especially since we have to stay in our homes for a while, i'm sure plenty of people have been anxious, stressed, or depressed. take care of your mental health and don't stop doing essential things like exercising (taking a walk, yoga, etc).

i know it's tough, and it can get boring, but we have to do this & we're all in this together. the most important thing is staying safe.

i hope you have a great day ♡

usuallyrose, beeankah and AZXG like this.
  8. HowToFaction

HowToFaction
    Simple, play Factions. Can be on any server. Be warned that you might get addicted and your wallet might feel more empty afterwards.

9. IAmBamboozled

IAmBamboozled
    You should learn how to ride a unicycle. I don't know why but it would be cool!

10. kay

kay

kaykay6789
    personally, i have been watching movies with my family! so far we have watched all of the "hangover" movies & are now starting the hunger games movies.
    i've also started working out more (in my home of course) and stretching!

11. YourPalMax

Hey, There are many ways to find useful in this hard time. What I recommend is you stay safe and healthy. By means, exercise is one good option during this time. Gives plenty of time to mental and physical find your well being. Maybe you have school. That is always a first to work towards. IF you do play McCentral offline, there are so many choices to game. IM always online on Survival if you wanna chat with me (in-game name: MaxShadowFax.) Stay healthy and well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Discord is YourPalMax#5433
    Youtube Channel: AxiomaticMax (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpkgVqhfDsBkJ7DiZQqD4aQ)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Zlain

Zlain
    Hey Rose,

Personally I've been playing video games, watching netflix, and chatting with friends throughout this quarantine. Most of the posts above have suggested some good activities to do during this quarantine and I agree with most of them as well. I think it's important to find a way to rotate your own personal workout into your quarantine lifestyle because staying healthy is always important. You should also find some ways to keep your brain active, whether that's reading a book or catching up on school work. However, you can't forget the essentials which are netflix and gaming. If you're looking for some good shows to watch during this quarantine I'd suggest ELITE, One Day at a Time, and the chilling adventures of sabrina. You could also try vibing to some new music or artists you've never heard of. Also, if the weather is nice where you live maybe you could try going for a walk, or just chilling outside. It's always nice to sit in the sun and relax. These are mainly what I do but if you have activities you'd like to share feel free to do so :) I'm always looking to try new activities. ​

YourPalMax likes this.
  13. MrMonkey

0MrMonkey0
    Hey Rose,
    As an athlete I have been working out at home, making I stay fit, also if you have a pet or smth you could always go for like an hour hike. If you have sunlight at ur house you can always tan a little, play games with your family at night, watch a movie, or be creative, make a short movie, you can blog or write how you holding up, u can write some songs, or make some beats, maybe try new designs, do smth with old clothings, like cutting and stuff.

Stay safe, staf home

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.