We need /backpack!

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Dinojulie, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Dinojulie

DinoJulie
    Our Island found out how annoying it can be to share items in game... SoooOoo.. We decided it'd be awesome if there was a shared chest or enderchest for Island members just like you have /backpack in uhc :)
    Comments?

2. sinderr

sinderr
    Hey!
    If you were unaware you can make a shared chest on your island! Not that you would really need it though, you can just have a chest on your island that other island members can open (Note: No one else apart from you island can open this) I think it would be a cool idea to have a shared enderchest, but it may complicate things, players without ranks would have to learn about a whole new enderchest, aswell as stealing items from an island. So i have a question for you! Would the team enderchest be a command everyone was given? or if it were to be added , would it be added to the in game GUI of using the command /is?
    -sinder<3

mxbel likes this.
  3. DrBrando

DrBrando
    While i think /backpack is a fun idea and could be useful in some situations, overall, Skyblock islands are pretty small, even the big ones, and with tpas, is sethomes, and is warps, it is easy to get around them thus making /backpack a lot less useful.
    While i wouldn’t complain with this addition, I wouldn’t try too hard to get it.

ItsDrakonz72 likes this.
  4. Maserson

Maserson
    I think this is a good idea, it should be added as a perk or at a certain donator rank.

5. Nyzy

Nyzy
    Good thinking, donators should be able to execute this command.

ShadeWasHere likes this.
  6. CoolElla

CoolElla
    Good thinking ,this would be like the / f chest that they have in factions , where all members are able to access the items inside .

You could also as island leader limit who is allowed to view the items inside to reduce the amount of theft / stealing from newer members to your island.

+1

#6 CoolElla, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  7. Composures

Composures
    Hello,

I believe this would be a good idea to add in. This would be useful for the players who are on the same island. Though I do believe the island members need to have certain perms before they have access to the shared chest. So I will have to +1 on this idea!

Have a nice day or night! -Composures (Lauran)

8. Spiriten

Spiriten
    Hey Nyzy, I'm just wondering how you're suggesting to implement this. Only donators can put items in... or is it take them out? Can only donators view the island chest at all - that seems a bit unfair. I do believe that since I donated I should get some extra perks, but do they really have to be on the level of sharing items that you have to pay for?

9. Keeggs

Keeggs
    Hey, this idea is cool but /backpack would be the same thing as /pv which is added in the game already as you earn it from ancient keys and /backpack would just be the same thing as /pv which would take time off MCCentral adding other stuff to the game just to add another /pv but hey you have a smart mind and great creativity, Nice suggestion!

10. AyeItsFudge

fluffyshark216
    /Backpack would be like /pv because your whole island would be able to get into /backpack. if /backpack was a thing you could get it as a mythical key so who ever gets the perk can use /backpack with that certain island and the members. +1 your idea! Great idea!

11. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    I agree with this. /f chest is really helpful in Factions so why not in Skyblock? +1

12. sleepyhe4d

tinyutensils
    I think this is a great idea, my friend and I discussed something like this earlier. Like an enderchest that you can all access. /backpack sounds like a really great idea and I hope it gets incorporated. Especially when it comes to things that you share.
    My friend and I share a set of armour on SB as all pieces have token luck II and farmer II so we tend to swap when we're about to farm, i feel like this would make it so much easier :)

13. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    The backpack idea is overall a good idea, but if it was added, there could be a lot of possible bugs with it and then it would be another issue staff would have to worry about from my point of view. Personally, I like the idea and you would probably spend tokens to obtain and grow the backpack but that defeat's the purpose of /chest and the enderchest. It's hard to say if this would be implemented into the game but overall, there are a lot of pros and con's with this.

14. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi!
    Firstly I would like to state that this suggestion has come up quite a lot in the skyblock community you are forgetting that mcc skyblock already has a 'backpack' sort of thing. It is the ancient perk paper which allows you to have 2 virtual private chests this being /pv 1 and /pv 2. Personally I have this perk in skyblock and if i ever need extra space to hold valuable items or temporarily put items in there it is perfect for any use, with this in the game already there is actually no underlying point and necessity for a shared 'backpack' and if it were incorporated into the game, it would most definitely not be shared as this would make it open to scamming and stealing.
    ~HH_Captain

15. Stolsiee

Stolsieee
    I think this is a good idea yes, it would be useful to have /backpack as like a shared island enderchest therefore making it easier to also sometimes move items across the island or a team mate giving you something without having to tpa to you.
    Stolsie <3

16. ItsDrakonz72

Drakonise
    Same viewpoint here. Its too much work on the moderator and coding side for a very insignificant change

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.