Unplayable lag

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireBubbles, Mar 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireBubbles

FireBubbles
    While playing some casual CTF, I noticed something... everyone's ping in tab is over 150! Alex Markey said that the problem was "fixed" the other day on discord, but I think it's actually got worse. Please fix these lag issues, its unplayable! I don't live in Australia, my ping shouldn't be 400!

puposaurus likes this.
  2. mxbel

mxbel
    Hey there, with the corona virus going around and everyone being in quarantine, minecraft servers in general have been inflated. This is going to cause a major difference, especially considering how many players the server(s) are used to holding, in addition to the fac reset. I’m sure the admins/owners are aware of this issue, so all we can do is sit tight and hope for the best ;-;

Have a good day :)

DaQuack_ likes this.
  3. MasterMort7

I believe that this issue is not mccentral's fault, but rather, nobodies! As stated by another, this issue is caused by everyone flooding minecraft's servers due to all the time we have to stay home. Have a good quarantine!

4. legonerfboy

legonerfboy123
    There was a lot of people on today because of the factions reset, so that obviously contributes to it, but your ping is largely dependent on where you live - I believe the servers are hosted in Arizona.

I saw some staff chatting in factions today that they are assessing the lag issues to see how they can fix them, so expect improvements over the next couple days/weeks.

Have a good one dude

5. Braeden90000

braeden90000
    Survival is mega lagging currently I had to quit for a while. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

6. Sleekrant

Sleekrant
    I mean like everyone else is saying, it could be coronavirus. But it could be possible the factions reset has an unholy amount of users trying to play at once(?)

7. AyeItsFudge

fluffyshark216
    There server is going to lag. I think the number of plays in general had increased a lot. This is the best the server has done in a while. Lots of people are joining and leaving and it isnt helping any of the sub servers. Factions reset so a bunch of players are on there and then since everyone is out of school for the coronavirus then more people will be joining there server to play since they got nothing better to do. I have played with some high ping it is still playable. It isnt Alex's fault that CTF was lagging. It is hard to keep a server running perfectly with so many people joining and leaving.

8. fajoszz

fajoszz
    ~Locked​

mxbel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.