Replying to friends msgs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akhu, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Akhu

I think it would be pretty convenient for an "/r" command for replying to friends, typing out /msgf every time is quite bothersome.

mxbel and 89p like this.
  2. abbzyy

abbzyy
    Hi Akhu. If we had /r in return for messaging a player on our friends list, it would conflict with whether we were normally responding to someone in game. Example: someone on your friends list messages you “hi” while someone on the subserver you’re on asks you a question with /m. If you did /r, which player would your response go to?

I personally don’t think it’s necessary, but if something like this were to be implemented, /rf is an idea. That way, there are two separate commands for responding to a friend and responding to a regular player. Typing /msgf can be annoying, I understand, but I don’t think this is something worth changing.

#2 abbzyy, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Chkns?, FilipOstrich, mxbel and 4 others like this.
  3. GLOCKPRINCESS

Marbellaa
    I like this idea, but as Abby said, it would conflict with the normal /msg. However, I do think another command should be implemented as it is really annoying to type out /msgf EVERY time. I also think that /friend clear should be added so that people can remove everyone off their friends list at once.

+1

mxbel and Akhu like this.
  4. Akhu

Thanks guys,
    I agree that /rf should be implemented to act as a distinction between friend messaging and messaging in sub-servers.
    /friend clear would come in handy so im +1 for that.

mxbel, iSloth and GLOCKPRINCESS like this.
  5. JustBeChill

JustBeChill
    Hello!
    I really like the idea of /rf so that's a +1 for me. But, for this command to be implemented in game is rather unnecessary because just like abby said, you wouldn't know who it would go to. It could go to a person you messaged 10 minutes ago in whole different sub-server. In my opinion, instead of typing the whole /msgf (player) (message) thing, you could just hit the up arrow key and open the same message you sent your friend earlier and erase it and retype a whole new message. That way could save you a whole lot of time. One downside to my suggestion is that if you put a long sentence in you last message, it could take a long time to backspace your message and type a new one. Have a great day/night!

6. iSloth

iSloth
    This is a +1 for me! It is so awkward, especially when the person has a long name, to type out /msgf <name> and it would be so much more convenient! I also things /mf would be a nice shortcut as well.
    Have a wonderful day!

7. 89p

89p

89p
    Hey hey, Akhu!

I'm so glad you made this thread. I was considering making this, but it appears you beat me to it! This is a fantastic idea and would be a huge time saver. Regarding people saying you sometimes wouldn't know who it is being sent to maybe when you did /rf by itself it would say who it would send a message to? +1.

Have a nice day!

8. Akhu

Thanks! And yeah i think the difference between /r and /rf will clear the confusion.

mxbel likes this.
  9. Josh

Great suggestion! I hope this gets added, It will be very useful for faster responses.

Akhu likes this.
  10. AyeItsFudge

fluffyshark216
    I agree. I would love for them to make a short cut so we can reply faster. I find it hard to reply to /msgf because I will be in a skywars match and I will type their name wrong because I am trying to type faster then it makes it a lot harder to reply then I forget to reply and the person then thinks I am ignoring them and do not like them.

Akhu likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.