Ex-Staff Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Horace_Altman, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Horace_Altman

Horace_Altman
    Hello for those who clicked on this

Over the last 2 months or so (Since I got demoted) I've pretty much moved on from MCC so I thought I'd give my thoughts on the staff team, community and the server itself before I depart from the server.

The staff team
    the staff team has had it's ups and downs I know for a fact people see me as a "MCC Staff hater" or what ever but I'm not I just think some of the choices made my the Leadership team (Senior+) are retarded. But in every company or group of people there will be different opinions. I like to have transparency in the staff team the admins do not. So when I created the Stage 2 SPD discord. My main goal was to inform the mentees what it will be like on the staff team. Many bad things like being bullied, lied to or unfairly treated. Which for people with mental issues. They need to know so they can make a informed choice. there are good things about being on the staff team. I wouldn't be the man I would be today if it wasn't for the Staff team. But at the end of the day I should have resigned a long time ago. I stayed because of the few staff I cared about. If you stay to long then more often then not you leave and you feel like you wasted so much time getting paid 10$ a month. But in the end didn't get anything out of it but the admin team saying "They were trying to overthrow the staff team" Which trying to remove 2 people from a team of 50-60 isn't that much. Not saying my demotion wasn't by the book but they made a much larger deal then it was. Regardless what's done is done and I'm moving on to better things in life.

The Community

What I will say about the community is that it's toxic to the core but as long as you can find a few friends that really care about you that you can play with you're set to have hours of fun on here.

The server
    Fairly good server, I wish they updated minigames more but it doesn't make money so I understand why Alex doesn't spend money or time on it. Other then that the sub-servers are good and I had a great many of years of fun on the server itself.

Overall MCC is a good place to play. Even though it lacks an Anti Cheat I still enjoyed it. As long as you don't piss off the staff team you won't get in trouble and if you do just be respectful. The staff member could be the worst piece of trash on the staff team but treating them like that won't get you unpunished.

Anyway Peace out MCC I'll see you later.

Noah | Horace_Altman
    MCC Ex-Builder
    MCC Ex-Senior Moderator

Kookaburro, Invader, Curious and 4 others like this.
  2. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    Goodbye, we are going to miss you :( I wish you the best of luck with your life in the future. (Also your a great builder)

3. JustANoob

hey noah! i'd first like to start off with damn your grammar is shit. ok apart from that rudeful comment, i apologize.
    for your spd thing, i think you did a lilttle more than just "inform" others of what it'd be like as staff. I am not here to argue or start any drama; however, i will leave it at that as far as spd goes for your ego, privacy, and privacy of many others. another thing, so it's not misleading, $10/month was $10 buycraft even more "wasteful", if you will, but i also know many ex and current staff who use their $10 for rank upgrades for an alt, main, or keys, etc. not to l*word info or anything, but i'm p sure it was more than 2 people. as you said, what's doone is done.
    for your comment about the community, it is toxic, yes; you do make friends, yes. however, i think something you ar emissing is that you beefed with admins which is a small factor to why it had taken you so long to get senior.

look, im not here to be definition of toxic, and neither is this reply/post. I wish u the best of luck on whatever you do now. have an okay day.

4. EssentialsPlus

EssentialsPlus
    Who are you? Let the guy speak, this is true in all ways. Luckily for me, I resigned before anything like this happening I liked a small chunk of the staff team and disliked the other 95%. Horace you were apart of the 5% and so were most of the sp staff, I am glad I resigned as I now have more time for school, and swimming which I was deprived of while staff.

OwenCW, Invader, Departition_ and 4 others like this.
  5. Hey Hoarce,

I understand what you been feeling while being a staff infact you been staff way longer than I was, but I do want to share something as well.
    Before I start I really dislike people that "hates" or targets MCC staff cause they are staff, I been targeted so many times for "false mute" when I never had false muted a user and whenever I do I provide proof but guess what? They still attack me lol. It really felt sad for me to be as staff, being targeted legit every game for doing my job which was helping THEM, helping them from getting toxic users in their game and hackers. Playing as a staff was nearly impossible, the only way was to get an alt or have some new plugin (/nick).
    Sure all players accuse staff is abusing their powers, I been accused few times even though it was either an accident (in which I figure out myself not user giving me proof) or some random angry user.

My self I resigned not because MCC staff team was "bad" or "corrupted" that took probably 35% of why I left, however, the main reason why I resign was for me to focus on my future (mainly my project) which is the other 40%.

The other 25% that caused me to resign was boring day, doing things over and over got me extremely bored, and MCC doesn't really own anything so special to keep up the hype. I got extremely bored (not as staff) but from mcc.

Anyway, thats my staff experience, even as Staff I loved to act as if I was a member, sure this made a few staff members mad at me, but I was doing to keep MCC community with joy and happiness (which made me pretty different staff member from the rest of the team)

~Cya!

6. Define1

Define1
    As someone who wants to become a staff memeber this is very saddening, however i personally am not attempting to be a staff member for any other reason than to clean up the server and help inform new and old players of game mechanics and just over all be a good assistant to the people present on the server

7. JustANoob

hey! i dont kno wyou, and you dont kn ow me. but this post was not meant to scare or make you sad. this is just some thoughts based off an ex staff, horace notman.
    i think if anything, you can become a staff w/ good general knowledge and being friendly with the staff team and community. there are many many guides to becoming a mcc staff, and many tips that have float around here and there. From what I do k now about you and your reply, becoming staff for you could take a little longer since you just got a warn point, but no biggie since it's good to learn from mistakes :)
    the mcc staff leadershipteam/mentor team + admins isn't the best, everything has its pros and cons. I personally think them and the community think they at least try to make it fair based on what they know/info they're given, and personal experience n' suchs.

if anything, i wouldn't let someone named horace_altman scare you from applying for staff whether it be this server or another server.

8. Adictions

Adictions
    Hey There!

Wow this is a lot to take in Horace, I'm sorry you were demoted and I don't think that was fair, you were one of our best, most friendliest staff members and I really hate to see you go )= I hope you can come back from this and move on to a better more embracing community to were the bullying can stop hopefully you wont forget MCC not for the staff team but from the years of memories you have made on this server. I hope you move on and come back from this. Hope you had fun while it was... Your better then this server!

Horace_Altman likes this.
  9. PumahKITPVP

sadweeks
    I mean u were one of those labusive staff memeber” that’s didn’t rly do job and false ban many ppl from what I heared u also threaten to mute people simply for criticizing no fix all for free in kitpvp szn 7.

10. Departition_

I remember once he won a koth on kitpvp while in vanish mode which is pretty abusive

11. This isn't the correct section to discuss that info.
    On the other hand, Horace was a great guy, who helped MCC in many ways. Making cool Halloween and Christmas spawns and themes. I enjoyed it when Horace man was an MCC staff member.

I do understand Horace was in a section of "hated staff" by many people, and thats upsetting to see how he has done many awesome things that not all staff members would or could do. (very sad to see him being treated that way by many members)

~Cya!

12. Departition_

Don’t get how this “isn’t the correct section to discuss the info” as we are replying to a thread he made about his thoughts, we were just saying why he was hated. Also stop trying to defend him just because he was staff, stop sucking his d!ck lol. Another reason why I hate these forums as it is filled with people like you that try so hard to become staff just by sucking off everyone that is/was on the staff team and also trying to act like a staff member by saying things like “tHiS iSNt tHE cORreCt plAce tO wRITe tHiS mESsaGe”

13. Theirs no need to be rude, and I mean if you believe they abuse you could always report them (while they where staff)
    Also, I have already been an MCC staff and I already re-signed. (I am not trying to start any drama or anything)

~Cya!

14. JustANoob

hey regent! firstly, i’d like to say that these replies before hand cannot have a “correctness” they seemed to be opinion based based off their experiences with this ex staff member.
    “Horace” did do some good for the mcc server; however, he also did do some bad. like, there was a reason for his demotion, especially in a mass w/ more than one staff. while “horace” was a staff member, he wasn’t my favorite, hec, he wasn’t my favorite as a builder, but seeing the growth from season3 to now, there had been some improvement.

I’ve heard that “Horace” has gotten away with certain things while he has also said that other staff have had gotten away with things, like how he mentioned in the beginning of his post.

overall, i don’t think “horace” was the best staff, nor was he a good spd mentor. but i will say that he helped mcc.

15. Horace_Altman

Horace_Altman
    Whether you think I was a good staff member or not doesn't change the fact you rarely have gotten information fully correct. I'm not saying you are lying but you fail to know the full picture. The fact is that with out the full story you come to my post saying what a shitty person I was even though I served this community for almost 3 years (Builder Term included) Spending something like 10,000-12,000 hours on MCC over the years. People dislike authority and rarely ever see the good that the someone does unless they do something GOOD for them. If I mute someone I'm instantly hated for doing my job but if I help you with your farm I'm instantly liked. There is far more situations that come from the former then that latter meaning yall are fricking morons to base an opinion of a person over a single situation. I made the cloud to protect people and to get as much of the picture as one can possibly get so that I don't facts wrong about a person. Timp for example, Freaking amazing staff member that's done more for the staff team and rarely does he get what hes worth. I have clashed with him but MCC wouldn't be the same with out him and that is a very simple and easy fact to see. Or kierenBoal has so much for the staff team in the short while hes been here but rarely gets praised for his talents.

The Pupper Family is responsible for an insane amount of punishments over the few years we have been staff and we created something to help the community. We created the SPD to help players not feel so helpless going for staff. We have helped over a 100+ Mentees get staff and that is due to the mentors on the staff team and mainly AnimatedFox for being the leader he was when I didn't have interest in running the SPD.

My point is that you all sit on your high thrones acting like you know everything when for a fact you don't know everything. Hell I don't even know everything there is to know. I've always always tried to do what was best for the Server. I set out with a goal and I never wavered in that goal. I am far from perfect, and will never be perfect. I will screw up every day and so will all of you. The amount of work I put into this server sometimes makes me a sad because at the end of the day. People spat in my face and said "Screw you Horace" I wasn't perfect but I don't deserve that, no one does.

You all complain about what's wrong with the server and the community. Well guess what (YOU) are what's wrong with it.

Noah | Horace_Altman
    MCC Ex-Senior Moderator
    MCC Ex-Builder

16. Akhu

Where is the core problem in the staff team in your opinion? or in the whole server in general if you will.

just wanted to get an answer from a experienced person like you.

17. Horace_Altman

Horace_Altman

Honestly as far as the staff team is run it "Works" but it's nothing amazing and the lack of communication between Helper and Admin is so lacking that 90% of the time you get messaged by an Admin you're scared out of your mind. Yes it has gotten better but it's a far cry from when xSinclare was staff and most everyone felt like they could go to him even as a helper. He was by far the easiest Admin to talk to. Now that is Timppali because Timp is a very kind person at heart. But really the core issue is that there is so little communication inside the team that isn't complaining about other staff. There is very little building up of the staff team but more often then not people shit talking each other. There are time that this is done in good fun but it's like a plague. The amount of miss information out there is staggering. for example, your staff buddy comes to you and is like "ExampleStaff is such a prick he does this and this and this bla bla bla" Your instant response is to believe them then you tell your friends and so on and so on. This has happened to Teddzy an insane amount. and SOME of what is said is true but if the team want's to get on the right track Mentors need to get in better touch with the staff team and teach them that spreading shit around with out ANY proof what so ever is just going to end badly for the server in general.

The other thing is the systems in place to help staff but more often then not it just stops the veteran staff from doing there jobs. Because rules that apply to helpers more often then not apply to Senior Moderators. I'm not saying don't keep Seniors honest but if you don't trust the Seniors to do the right thing at the right time. They shouldn't be a senior moderator. I've left MCC for the most part but really at the end of the day. Mcc will continue doing what it does. Alex will do updates, people will spend money, toxic people will hate staff, the good staff will be put down by everyone else, and everyone will still be a snake if it provides opportunity for there own self interests.

I could go on an on about what what could be fixed. I don't think the core issues will ever be resolved. Take this post with what you will. It's not a hate post it's just stating facts that many staff and Ex-Admins agree with pretty much everything I've said thus far. There is still a lot that works in the staff team as long as you stay out of trouble and just do the basic job you are set. You can apply, get promoted and resign and be happy. I'm still happy I spent the time I spent on the staff team even though it wasn't all good. BUT no system is and that's the important thing to take out of it. If you want to go onto the staff team and try to make it better expect little but never stop trying. Be happy with the journey.

P.S
    If you want the community to like you put yourself on there level, people distrust authority mainly due to mainstream media putting them out like that bad guys. Also give them things randomly you will gain a friend for ever. But hold fast to what your goal is and don't make something stupid like "I want to severe the community" everyone says that. So find something you are good at and do it really well. Hard work never trumps sucking up.

Noah | Horace
    Ex-Senior Moderator
    Ex-Builder

Akhu likes this.
  18. Ardastrafe

All I know is that when I first met Horace he was one of the nicest most honest people I have met in a long time, to be honest during the time I met him I was having a pretty damn bad life due to school and etc, but no need to go on talking about that. Horace, you gave me the inspiration to build it is the one thing in life I enjoy you may not remember me but you put hope into someone's life without knowing. You may not remember me but hell I miss watching your streams. No matter what people say about you its whether or not you get back up, one of my favorite quotes is from Arnold Schwarzenegger "We all fall at one time or another and this was a major fall. I had to get up again because only losers stay down and winners get up." and there is another one about how if you fall its only learning about where the ground is and how far it is. I completely agree with Horace though, and how the staff team was not the nicest, I have had a time when asking for help I was ignored sometimes it was not even for help but to talk to someone when no one was there for me. Not ever staff is this way but from my experience, it is most of them always having their ego in their face rather than just there to help. I had a dream on this server to follow in Horace's footsteps and become a builder and maybe a staff member but seeing this has made me not want to if it's just more people who disrespect eachother. Horace thank you for your time and I would gladly chat with you again, it been too long.

Thank You
    = You are the best

"No matter how many times you get knocked down, keep getting back up. God sees your resolve. He sees your determination. And when you do everything you can do, that’s when God will step in and do what you can’t do."

-Joel Osteen

Horace_Altman likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.