Island Points discussion

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by TrivagoHotel, Jan 27, 2020.

?

Do you like the new Island Points?

1. Yes

63.6%
  2. No

36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrivagoHotel

trivagohotel
    Just want to know people's thoughts on the new Island points introduced this season. I personally dislike it, but understand how it can get boring without change. I've always liked mcc for not being the server to add hundreds of custom enchants and ruining the core gameplay. Thoughts on this?

Jazmiin and Concise like this.
  2. Concise

Agreed.

3. Concise

People are already slow enough before they introduced island points and now they are even slower.

4. HH_Captain

publicy
    Hi!
    I like the island points as there are more reason to grind on your skyblock and not only to grind at the start of the season and gain money from afking spawners only. As the season goes on people make money very easily and this is countered by island points.
    ~HH_Captain

kuieren likes this.
  5. Fasilisnt

Fasilisnt
    Island points is a good principle slowing down growth of islands that don't keep grinding through the whole season. Makes it more fair by getting players stuck on passive income, thus forcing them to constantly farm for points.

Considering that seasons are 6 months long, I'd like to see the same points system im the next map, but with altered chances of getting a point, it should become around 50% easier, so not to force people to quit mid season, but allow hard farmers to prevail late season and win.

Also, differentiate the crops that give you top tokens and top points, don't let a single crop be the best for both of them.

Cheers

kuieren and Jazmiin like this.
  6. ssophiie

ssophiie
    I like and dislike it.

I like the fact that it allows new players with the motivation to catch up as typically the bigger islands will get bored of grinding and just stay where they are and it allows for people to catch up a bit. It also means there's always something you can be doing to support your islands growth, making it harder for top islands to just fly by to unreachable points.

However I dislike it as its time consuming and boring when no one on your island wants to do it and you have to do it all yourself but that's just a personal problem lmao

7. IrlDealLover69

IrlDealLover69
    Hey,
    I think island points is a good concept but don't really think that mcc put enough time thinking about what people would do if they don't have the time to farm for 10+ hours a day to upgrade their island limits / perks if you compare 3 seasons, season 9, 8, and 7 we can see that season 7 died around about a month or 2 before the season ended, season 8 when they added tokens, the season died around half way through the season, season 9, they added points and tokens, the season died around 1 and a half months in. the main reason i think the seasons are dying faster each time is due to people not wanting to spend all their time farming to be able to make some cash, even for the casual players, they would need to farm a ton just to be able to make a community island to fit public spawners there. even if you wanted to make a good looking island now, you cant even buy the blocks anymore, you would need to spend more time farming for the blocks at a generator.

Also only having 1 crop that is the best for tokens and points is kinda lame and gets pretty boring after farming it for a few hundred hours, there should definitely be more ways to get top chances for tokens and points, or make a few non sell able crops give a ton of points and tokens too.

8. Incarnati0n_

Incarnati0n_
    I think that points were a good idea at the start however it's turning into something that happened to prison last season. Early tokens were easy to get however, less people starting mining in the mid-late season so token prices raised so much it was super annoying. This is similar to the points system where it was quite good at the start but is becoming a pain to get in the mid-late game. I think point rates should be buffed on certain farms (no idea which).

9. Lunatix

lunatix
    Hey,
    I personally don't like the point system that was added into skyblock this season. I just don't think that it is necessary with tokens in the game.
    Have a good day! :D
    -Lunatix

Concise likes this.
  10. Cole Ferguson

CJCalibur
    Just wait until faction points are introduced lol

11. asdasdasdas123123123

JpawJr
    I personally like the old system thoe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.