New /Chatreport Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abar, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Abar

Abar
    Hello there, I'm taking the time to make another post in relations to the current message that you see whenever a chatreport gets denied. Not too often does this happen to me as most of the time the players that I report are punished accordingly. But, once in a while I will feel as though a player should've been punished when they were not and we sit there wondering who the staff member was that may have denied it. While everyone makes mistakes, we sometimes feel like the players we reported may have gotten away w/ it. In the future, a change I would like to see is for them to show you the staff who denied it along with the message that says the player wasn't committing any offenses. This would then allow us to PM the staff member who denied it and find out their thoughts on it as well as help some people learn about mistakes that they may be making in a chatreport. I'd like to hear some other thoughts on this idea and I hope you all have a great weekend!

ThorKingOfAsgard, kikahh and Nizzino like this.
  2. Bubbalu7

staff are doing a lot so for them to put a reason why they denied specifically to you will waste more of their time. Usually, if it's denied it's because they didn't see the report OR it wasn't punishable for what they did.

3. Abar

Abar
    They wouldn't have to provide a reason right when they deny it, it would simply tell you in the same message which staff member it happened to be.

ThorKingOfAsgard likes this.
  4. puposaurus

puposaurus
    hey hey abar! i can definitely see your view and would like to see this added. similar to how mutes were back in 2017 or even 2018 to how they are now where they give the staff member who punished (now) compared to a few years ago when they didn't.
    as i know you're a sg player and players get hella toxic and it seems that some staff who speed through crs to get their requirements don't always give the best look they can and/or soometimes from just one user's chatlogs context is hard to make an infrense some... as well as, there are staff who deny reports for "stfu <ign>" which is cool.. :/

anwyays, i think your idea would be a great addition to mcc for players who really do not understand why it was denied whether they are just trying to learn the rules or trying to grind some sexy look'n cr stats

have a grat day!

Abar likes this.
  5. JIg

JIg

I think the issue does stem from what pupo said with staff speeding through as well as being too lenient in some cases when its clearly obvious they did something wrong. I would suggest screenshoting the semi questionable reports you have as they sometimes slip through the cracks and if it turns out that they denied it from what you see as false you can then take it to the forums and hopefully get it sorted there.

Abar likes this.
  6. iiSean

iiSean_
    Hello!

I can see where this is coming from but from what people have said above staff usually do a lot of CR’s at once.

Also people can be like toxic like “Uh some stupid staff idiot denied my report what a retard” and might start being rude to them (which yes staff deal with on a daily basis but still)

My final point is that when you say you can learn from your mistakes your likely enough to start noticing patterns in which ones got denied and start learning blah blah.

My overall thoughts. I am not a +1 or a -1 but I think if staff would want to do this they should definitely add it. It should be up to them as they accept/deny chat reports.

Have a Great Weekend :D
    Seanuwu

Abar likes this.
  7. PistolPet

PistolPet
    Hey Abar!
    As of right now, the chatreport system is mostly automated. Staff members write a command to see a list of reports and they can view the reports individually but that's about it if they are denying it. When denying a report, they just press an efficient button which then automatically sends the player who chatreported them a message saying the staff didn't think it was punishable. After that, if the player who chatreported them thinks it was punishable, they can always ask another staff to tell them who denied the report so you can talk to them which means there is a way to do it.
    I also wanted to tell you as others have already said, different staff thinks different things are punishable.
    To sum it up
    - When you chatreport someone and the report gets denied, you are always able to ask another staff to tell you who denied your report. After that, you can tell them why you thought it wasn't punishable and they can tell you why they denied it or if they made a mistake.
    Have a great day!

Abar likes this.
  8. HeckTheThicc

HeckTheThicc
    I barely even get to send out a report. Someone always reports them before me. One time, I was rushing to chat report someone for advertising, but I accidentally reported the guy who was telling him to stop. oops XD

kuieren likes this.
  9. xBenz

xBenz
    Hey!

This was actually a feature in the past. It would list who denied / approved your chatreport.

I believe it was removed so people do not lash out or target x staff for denying their CRs. I don’t think it needs to be brought back, you can tag someone in #support and ask WHY it was denied.

Abar and ThorKingOfAsgard like this.
  10. DressCodes

DressCodes
    I just experienced an issue where someone was chat flooding and I chatreported and got denied. I was very confused as to why, because the player sent 6+ messages in a row!. This also happened to my friend. I feel as if they should have a message along with the denied message saying as to why it got denied!

11. puposaurus

puposaurus
    heyo! usually chatflood gets denied in a cr due to time stamps and staff not knowing appropriate time stamps for a subserver/minigame or even being able to see actual chat and chat boxes. a tip for reporting chat flood from me that i do, is to just forums report it. i’ve had so many crs denied from chat flood that after 10-20ish i started exclusively reporting on forums instead.
    ik this isn’t related to the thread, but just wanted to share that :)

ThorKingOfAsgard likes this.
  12. Vunrable

Vunrable
    I think this would create a lot more work for staff as chat reports are denied all the time. Dealing with the immense amount of actual offences, appeals and other issues the staff have to take care of, having to answer why they denied a chat report could cause a lot more strain on the work a staff member already has to do. -1

13. Nizzino

idiat
    omg bro abar, didn't realise you got helper! gg

iiSean and Abar like this.
  14. AyeItsFudge

fluffyshark216
    I agree with this post. I have had some issues with staff over looking things. I would agree with these suggestions

15. Melons__

Hey Abar! I definitely agree that Helpers should be able to see the staff, but as seanuwu stated, players below that may trash the staff that did it.
    Overall I think that this is a very good idea for Helper+, and I'm not sure for non-helpers. Maybe a reason for the CR's denial?

-xIx_MELON_xIx
    Mentee of httpmeme

16. Define1

Define1
    This seems really helpful but players might be very rude when the staff doesn't mute people and this method seems like it could put even more strain on the staff members to not only keep up with the people who need to be banned or muted but also the angry players who didn't get a certain player muted

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.